Construct 2 is being retired on 1 Jul, 2021. We strongly recommend upgrading to Construct 3.
Construct 2 System Requirements
The Construct 2 editor currently only runs on Windows. Please see our FAQ for information on supporting other systems.
Despite the fact Construct 2 itself only runs on Windows, it makes HTML5 games which can run on a wide variety of computers and devices. See the Technology section for more information.
Minimum system requirements
Recommended system requirements
- Windows 7 or newer
- 2 GB RAM
- 2 GHz dual-core processor
- A nVidia or AMD graphics card with latest drivers. We recommend you avoid any hardware using Intel graphics chips due to their poor performance, stability, and feature set.
Really nice system requirements
You can get by fine without these, but if you can they're nice to have.
- Solid state drive (SSD) for OS and software
- 64-bit edition of Windows 7 or newer
- 4 GB of RAM or more
- A large display or dual monitor setup
- A nVidia or AMD graphics card with latest drivers, at least 512 MB of dedicated video memory and support for OpenGL 2.0+
- A hi-speed broadband internet connection
HTML5 compatible browser
To preview your HTML5 games you need a modern HTML5-compatible browser. Browsers are free to download and install. HTML5 is also relatively new technology, so it's important to also keep your browser up to date to its latest version. Supported browsers are:
Scirra recommends Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Construct 2 Manual
You are here:
Search this manual:
This manual entry was last updated on 13 Jun, 2020 at 13:05