Stable update: Sub-layers; new 3D effects; timeline audio tracks & more
Don't miss out on the latest and greatest new features in Construct 3
It's a new stable release of Construct 3! If you're updating from the last stable release r268, then this update includes changes from r269, r270, r271, r271.2, r272, r272.2, r273, r274 and r275. Highlights include:
• New support for sub-layers, helping organise long layer lists, efficiently processing effects on multiple layers, and making new kinds of effects possible
• New 3D effects like Fog and Depth Stripe (including support for third-party depth-based effects)
• Support for effects on the 3D shape object
• Audio tracks for timelines
• Loads of new examples! Check the new tag in the "More..." section of the Start Page
• Improved handling of the virtual keyboard on Android
• Support for web adverts with Mobile Advert plugin - see this forum thread for more details
• Lots more bug fixes, optimisations and improvements - see all the intervening release notes for full details.
We'll be starting a new beta release update cycle soon. If you'd like to help test it, try the beta release opt-in: choose Notify me about updates for beta releases in Settings. Please note due to staff time off around the holiday season, the next beta release cycle won't start until early January.
Let us know with a thumbs up!
very very awesome ❤
Sub layers are fantastic!
If webGPU is enabled and experimental features option is selected. No option for webgpu appears. In one release it's said, it should work, but dosent.
No WebGPU option has been exposed yet. I don't believe we've said anywhere that it's available either.
Super useful stuff, as usual!
I like the idea behind sublayers! Thanks Ashley.
fancy new music! great update!
Sublayers is an excellent quality of life improvement, thank you!
One other thing - it'd be super helpful if layers that had sub-layers had some sort of indicator, at the moment (in their collapsed form) they look like any other layer.
Hello! <3 Small details I got:
Global layers are not appearing in other layouts, as not the first.
It's weird to do OR blocks, now I have to select the entier block event (with sub-blocks) instead of only one event.
"Wait 0" is not working anymore?