KENYONB's Forum Posts

  • Official dark theme, seems to be made to look good. As someone who have designed my own theme and while doing so, the official theme problems seemed to come from design patten and workarounds from all cases, which i also faced: event size and order, different events after another, editor size, select focus hover style, reasonable contrast between everything, all which editor has to support and still look good.

    To overcome thous problems, editor has to look very simple and with simple style. Or you just add a lot of padding everywhere.

    And i think if official theme gets pure dark version, it won't look good. Black and white suits, but other colors get really messy, with no good contrast etc

    It can look fine. Style it with colors similar to the dark theme, but keep all the other styling like grids, padding, etc... the same. Kind of like this below. I just edited the CSS in the browser.

  • I tried construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-470

    Some of these things have since been fixed, but not the big ones. A "default dark" theme is still missing and would be welcome.

    I voted for your idea.

    We need a "default dark" theme.

  • Is there any reason that the dark theme isn't just a dark version of the light theme? Other than colors, why is it styled differently?

    For instance, why is there more padding between everything in the dark theme? Why are links styled as buttons? In the properties column, why don't the field labels wrap like they do in the light theme? Look at the comparison below.

    IMO, the dark theme should literally just be a dark version of the light theme. Can we get a dark version of the light theme? I like seeing more info on my screen, especially when working on smaller displays.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • is anybody else getting a white screen when they build and run their game in Xcode? Everything used to export and run fine from C3 to Xcode. But now, when I test on a local device or simulator, I get a white screen that never goes away.

    using latest beta to export R229.

  • I voted.

  • Here's the alternate version with the Orbit Behaviour.

    https://www.sizzle-games.com/spiral(orbit).c3p

    wow. this is also a great option. thank you.

  • I'm guessing you would set Sprite2.acc to the absolute of the bullet speed.

    abs(Sprite2.Bullet.Speed)

    that works perfectly. thank you. But then how do I get it to increase speed over time as it spirals?

  • This is great. Thank you.

    I made a view modifications to get it to behave how it will in my game, but now I can't figure out how to get the spiral speed to match the bullet speed once it collides with the big circle. Check it out:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2fnzy6vxc9mz8g/spiral%20%281%29%20EDIT.c3p?dl=0

  • Thanks for the quick reply. The Dropbox link is broken. It says "link not found."

  • sorry to bother you again, but I am trying to get the sprite to move in the spiral when the sprite with bullet behavior collides with the other sprite. I can't seem to get that work.it just passes right through the other sprite and never triggers the spiral motion. I don't get what I'm missing.

  • Thank you very much newt. This gives me something to work with and fine tune it. I really appreciate the quick replies and example files. You're awesome.

  • Thanks! This is helpful.

    How do i make it speed up as it gets closer to the center instead of slowing down?

  • Thanks for the reply. How would I apply those formulas, using Orbit?

  • How can I have a sprite spiral towards the center image point if another sprite in collision?

    Is there a way to set an orbit with ever decreasing radius?

    Think of it like something spiraling into the center of a whirlpool.

  • Hey man, the game I'm currently making uses similar physics to what your after.

    Little capx to show you another possible use of physics that allows you to visibly show the amount of power you are using.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/13fcazC_bhYalOwP_6OlYqDFuyucOcRDW/view?usp=sharing

    Thanks for the extra example. I'll give this a try and see how I can use it. Good luck with your golf game.