KENYONB's Forum Posts

  • Thanks. I'll see what I can find debugging, but there was an issue definitely on Google's end regarding sign in. they released an update to Google Play Games app with bug fixes for sign-in issues.

    For anybody reading this, can you try downloading my game, opening it and seeing if sign in works automatically? Curious to see if it works for anybody.

  • Is anyone else having issues with Google Play Games services? I noticed in one of my games Runny Butt I cannot load the Leaderboards. I get the error "Hmm, something went wrong in Play Games"

    In other games that I haven't played before, it hangs on login with the green circle just spinning.

    I am assuming it is not just my game or the C3 plugin, but just want to check if it is happening with anybody else.

  • It will follow the object, if the object is moving away and at the same speed or faster than the object following it. But if you want the object to follow it, there are other ways to get that.

  • Thanks for fixing this. it works!

  • Glad it looks like a bug and I'm not losing my mind.

    Ashley Do I need to file a bug report or is this enough to get it corrected?

  • The new MoveTo plugin is nothing like Rex's plugin. His was more intuitive. I want to click on screen and have the player move to the red X. what am I missing?

    Check this C3 example:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/embo49759liz9z1/move%20to%20test.c3p?dl=0

  • Understood. Looking forward to the next beta release. Thanks Nepeo

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nepeo Did it make it into the latest stable released today r164? Or waiting till beta after r164?

  • hey Nepeo any update regarding upgrading the SDK to the latest version?

  • Thanks dop2000 I ended up using still frames in one animation, but I will try this in another project and see if it works.

  • Name + Number works perfectly. Thanks tarek2 for the quick reply and example CAPX.

  • On Next pressed
    -> Sprite: Set frame to (self.animationframe+1)%self.Animationframecount
    On Prev pressed
    -> Sprite: Set frame to self.animationframe = 0 ? self.Animationframecount-1 : self.frame-1
    

    The code above allows me to advance to the next animation frame and previous by frame number. But how can I do something like this, but advance to the next animation if all animations are numbered sequentially?

    I want to create a character select screen that cycles through characters with a button on left for PREVIOUS and button on right for NEXT, but if I use animation frames then the characters are static. If I can use animations, then they can be animated (obviously).

    Is this possible?

  • On Next pressed
    -> Sprite: Set frame to (self.frame+1)%self.Animationframecount
    On Prev pressed
    -> Sprite: Set frame to self.frame = 0 ? self.Animationframecount-1 : self.frame-1
    

    Should work fine

    Thanks. This helped me. But how can I do something like this, but advance to the next animation if all animations are numbered sequentially?

  • I like the on hover effect of the Construct logo (upper left corner). The shrinking and slight pause during rotation is a nice touch. Just thought I'd say good job to whoever added the extra details.