KENYONB's Forum Posts

  • how can I make the sprite go up the ramp faster?

  • R0J0hound sorry for the late reply. I didn't see a notification, but I really appreciate the quick response and solution offered.

    I am going to play around with this to get a hang of it and then will respond with questions. But this looks neat! Thank you!

  • I have a 3D shape with car controls. I want it to be able to drive up a ramp (wedge shape) and launch off.

    I found this thread here which addresses the same issue:

    https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/anyone-figured-go-3d-wedge-171152

    WackyToaster your example works, but I noticed some bugs when changing the player speed. if I increase the player speed in your example, sometimes it will drop through the slope when it is halfway up.

    when i implemented the example into my game, a 3d shape with car controls, the player (if moving too fast) will hit the slope and stop. but when the player is moving slower, it moves right up the ramp like it should.

    any idea why player speed might affect how the player climbs the slope?

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
    • Post link icon

    I just built a signed App Bundle and it worked. Much quicker this time too. Hopefully you find a permanent solution. Thanks for working on it!

    • Post link icon

    I built a signed APK the other day in r323 to test on my phone, but when I tried to build the signed app bundle, that's when the "web socket is not closed" error started happening.

    I need signed app bundle. Can't upload new games as APKs anymore.

    I just tried again and got the same error.

    • Post link icon

    I also got the same error just now.

    • Post link icon

    I'm also getting build failed

  • Ashley is this possible with the new beta update today?

  • I recently had an iAP purchase (non-consumable remove ads) refunded after 3 days because I was told by Google support that the purchase was not acknowledged.

    See this documentation regarding acknowledging purchases:

    developer.android.com/google/play/billing/release-notes

    How do I acknowledgePurchase() for purchases using C3 events?

    Tagged:

  • Thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will help a lot of people out. I was able to figure it out for a non-consumable purchase to remove ads from my game. All good now!

  • bob777 so you got it working? Can you share your event sheet for loading and purchasing IAP? I think I have everything set up correctly, but I can't get anything to appear when I press the button to purchase. it's driving me nuts.

  • Why am I unable to export a signed APK and publish to Amazon with support for any devices?

    Can we get an Amazon App Store export option? Or is there another way to make this work?

    Tagged:

  • thanks for the reply calminthenight

    I am on Windows.

    I went to the website, it recognized the controller. and then i tried a template in preview and it worked. so it sounds like Chrome was having an issue of some sort yesterday when I was testing.

    speaking of Mac, is there a way to get the xbox 360 controller to work with Chrome on Mac?

  • Thanks for the replies.

    I did read through the manual before I posted. I read that an Xbox 360 controller should work without issue, but it was not working in preview.

    I am testing using the official Scirra templates with gamepad tag, so it's not my own code that could be at fault.

    The templates work with gamepad in export but not in preview.

    The gamepads work with Stadia and Steam and Epic... Not sure what could be preventing it from working with Construct's preview.

  • How can I use a gamepad to control the game when previewing the layout in Chrome? I have tested with some of the gamepad templates, and I haven't been able to control any when previewing in Chrome. Should this work when previewing in Chrome? or does it always have to be exported?

    I am using a USB Xbox controller and a wireless Xbox 360 controller.

    Tagged: