Dark Theme

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A revolutionary theme studied and built for both professional & beginners
  • Is there any reason that the dark theme isn't just a dark version of the light theme? Other than colors, why is it styled differently?

For instance, why is there more padding between everything in the dark theme? Why are links styled as buttons? In the properties column, why don't the field labels wrap like they do in the light theme? Look at the comparison below.

IMO, the dark theme should literally just be a dark version of the light theme. Can we get a dark version of the light theme? I like seeing more info on my screen, especially when working on smaller displays.

• I tried construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-470

Some of these things have since been fixed, but not the big ones. A "default dark" theme is still missing and would be welcome.

• Yes please.

• Official dark theme, seems to be made to look good. As someone who have designed my own theme and while doing so, the official theme problems seemed to come from design patten and workarounds from all cases, which i also faced: event size and order, different events after another, editor size, select focus hover style, reasonable contrast between everything, all which editor has to support and still look good.

To overcome thous problems, editor has to look very simple and with simple style. Or you just add a lot of padding everywhere.

And i think if official theme gets pure dark version, it won't look good. Black and white suits, but other colors get really messy, with no good contrast etc

• I tried construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-470

Some of these things have since been fixed, but not the big ones. A "default dark" theme is still missing and would be welcome.

I voted for your idea.

We need a "default dark" theme.

• Official dark theme, seems to be made to look good. As someone who have designed my own theme and while doing so, the official theme problems seemed to come from design patten and workarounds from all cases, which i also faced: event size and order, different events after another, editor size, select focus hover style, reasonable contrast between everything, all which editor has to support and still look good.

To overcome thous problems, editor has to look very simple and with simple style. Or you just add a lot of padding everywhere.

And i think if official theme gets pure dark version, it won't look good. Black and white suits, but other colors get really messy, with no good contrast etc

It can look fine. Style it with colors similar to the dark theme, but keep all the other styling like grids, padding, etc... the same. Kind of like this below. I just edited the CSS in the browser.

• I took another look at it, and indeed it possible to keep Default theme nice in dark version.

Fast mockup I tried, comparison to official ones. Even tried Kenyonb one, but it did not look so good.

• Thats amazing. Exactly how i wanted it to be. Don't know why they couldn't have done that in the first place.

I wonder if it runs faster than the old dark theme which had a significant performance dip over the default.

• I took another look at it, and indeed it possible to keep Default theme nice in dark version.

Fast mockup I tried, comparison to official ones. Even tried Kenyonb one, but it did not look so good.

Mine was just a quick comp to show that the default theme looks good dark without all the extra styling like padding. I would be very happy if Scirra would just make a few CSS tweaks and make this theme available:

Ashley any chance we can see a default dark theme like the one above? please?

• Check out mitsuhashish.itch.io/procss

Fixes a lot of the problems with the vanilla UI

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check out mitsuhashish.itch.io/procss

Fixes a lot of the problems with the vanilla UI

That's the theme I use as well — it's got a couple things that are tough to read but overall it's a fantastic dark theme.

• thanks for the link. I just bought it. going to try it out.

• Any comment by Scirra on this? Ashley Thanks.

• How does one create a custom theme in C3?

• Any comment by Scirra on this? Ashley Thanks.

I've tried a bunch of themes out there and I'd really like a dark default theme. I am just used to the default theme but cant stand the colors.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)