The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • And wht about construct.net/en/make-games/addons/244/greengrinds and construct.net/en/make-games/addons/84/greenworks plugins ?

First time seeing Greengrinds so I can't say much for that one. It's currently Construct 3 only as well. The Construct 2/3 Steam plugins are identical as far as I can tell (both running on NWjs 0.33.3).

Technically speaking, that version is actually fine and supports things like gamepad rumble. It won't support any new features starting from Chromium M70+ though.

(Issue requesting support for newer versions, upvotes and comments appreciated!)

• First time seeing Greengrinds so I can't say much for that one. It's currently Construct 3 only as well. The Construct 2/3 Steam plugins are identical as far as I can tell (both running on NWjs 0.33.3).

Technically speaking, that version is actually fine and supports things like gamepad rumble. It won't support any new features starting from Chromium M70+ though.

(Issue requesting support for newer versions, upvotes and comments appreciated!)

Commented, not sure if it helps

• THE USE OF CUSTOM BUILDS

If you don't want to wait for the latest stable NWjs installer or would like to test out the latest beta builds of NWjs, you also have the option to visit THIS website and do everything on your own.

Hello, if I want to use the latest version without waiting for Scirra to adapt it for C2, what should I do?

In this thread it is said that you must visit the link but ... how do you prepare to use it with C2 ?.

Or do not you have to do anything ?, just download it and that's it?

---

Another thing, I read that you will be able to have some tabs open in the next version 0.40 or 0.41.

Does this mean that I could have the inventory in one tab and the game in another?

Can the other tab be updated on the fly or will it remain suspended?

I guess that feature will not be included in C2.

• THE USE OF CUSTOM BUILDS

In this thread it is said that you must visit the link but ... how do you prepare to use it with C2 ?.

Or do not you have to do anything ?, just download it and that's it?

Generally speaking yes, just download it and you're done. The "raw" builds provided by the NWjs team are bloated though, that's why I always recommend to use Ashley's clean builds instead. Ashley mostly releases new builds 1-3 days after the official one, I honestly think it's worth the wait.

Another thing, I read that you will be able to have some tabs open in the next version 0.40 or 0.41.

Does this mean that I could have the inventory in one tab and the game in another?

Based on what the NWjs team said, there should be no changes to code necessary. Meaning that whatever JS is used right now, will work the same. I didn't test it out yet since there is no manual page for it, so I don't know how it will work or look like in full detail.

If you want to see what's possible, just download Construct 3 Desktop and check it out. I assume it's all more general JS stuff and less NWjs specific.

• Some significant improvement in the latest version 40.1?

• Some significant improvement in the latest version 40.1?

Just some minor fixes here and there, nothing significant. None of them seem to affect exported games directly.

Construct 3 users can activate low-latency canvas. A feature released in v39 but that's also a very minor improvement from my tests.

The new window implementation has been delayed as well for further bugfixing.

• > Some significant improvement in the latest version 40.1?

Just some minor fixes here and there, nothing significant. Non of them seem to affect exported games directly.

Construct 3 users can activate low-latency canvas. A feature released in v39 but that's also a very minor improvement from my tests.

The new window implementation has been delayed as well for further bugfixing.

I read the official NWJs blog notes but I am not sure if something is important for the NWjs and C2 games.

Well, thanks for the info.

• I read the official NWJs blog notes but I am not sure if something is important for the NWjs and C2 games.

Well, thanks for the info.

If I'm around, I'll always make sure to do a post if something significant happens.

• Hello, when I start NWjs, the green C2 bar appears indicating the game load.

Is it possible to customize that bar ?.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello, when I start NWjs, the green C2 bar appears indicating the game load.

Is it possible to customize that bar ?.

This is more of a Construct thing in general and less do to with NWjs. I'd recommend using a loader layout, since they allow full customization.

If you for some reason really like the loading bar loader, you'd have to edit the code for it yourself. I don't know how to do it myself. There must be code for it inside the exported game files.

• Thank you.

I will try the loader layout.

• Hi, what happens to the latest version of NWjs for C2?

When I run and the NWjs window opens, the window remains blank for approx. 5 seconds. and then the loading bar appears.

That did not happen before, what happens ?.

In this GIF (scroll down) you can see how long the window remains in white.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jnbAGJPz2B3cIduh5t/giphy.gif

• Hi, what happens to the latest version of NWjs for C2?

When I run and the NWjs window opens, the window remains blank for approx. 5 seconds. and then the loading bar appears.

That did not happen before, what happens ?.

In this GIF (scroll down) you can see how long the window remains in white.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jnbAGJPz2B3cIduh5t/giphy.gif

Are you using the new C2 beta? Try a previous release, just to make sure it's NWjs and not C2.

There have been some minor updates to NWjs that fixed regressions, this might be one of them. Can you also reproduce using any of the official examples, so that I can test it on my end?

• Hi, this happens in R272 and R273 of C2.

I haven't tried it anymore, it's a matter of NWjs so I guess.

I tried the official space blaster example.

• Hi, this happens in R272 and R273 of C2.

I haven't tried it anymore, it's a matter of NWjs so I guess.

I tried the official space blaster example.

Ashley decided to not update to the most recent version because it didn't seem to be necesarry at that time.

I will try to reproduce it with the most recent version myself. If it's also affected, I will create a bug report on GIT. Thanks for the heads up!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)