The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • I could reproduce this with the version you used and the most recent one.

Exporting the game seems to be fine though, so I'm not sure if this is C2 acting up or NWjs. Every version starting from NWjs v0.41.0 seems to be affected by this. Since I cannot just provide an exported project that fully works for reproduction I honestly don't know what to do. (I obviously can't just tell them to buy a C2 license for reproducing a specific bug either.)

Best thing would be a bug report here so that Ashley can look into it. Again, it just affects previewing for me. If your results are different, include that info inside the bug report please.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am testing a project with a sprite object, nothing more.

In the preview the white screen appears (NWjs 0.41).

With the exported project and running the exported game, the white screen does not appear, however, the NWjs window is delayed much more in becoming visible.

For example, in version 0.39 the execution is almost instantaneous but in 0.41 it takes between 5/10 seconds.

Everything I've said above, has been using a project with a sprite object, nothing more.

• I am testing a project with a sprite object, nothing more.

In the preview the white screen appears (NWjs 0.41).

With the exported project and running the exported game, the white screen does not appear, however, the NWjs window is delayed much more in becoming visible.

For example, in version 0.39 the execution is almost instantaneous but in 0.41 it takes between 5/10 seconds.

Everything I've said above, has been using a project with a sprite object, nothing more.

I guess I will do some more testing and report it to them. Didn't really focus on the window visibility.

The next release is happening fairly soon. Might be a good idea to test again using that release. Unless this is really urgent, I'd just wait until it's out.

• Hey, I've been having a strange problem with NW.js that I can't get to the bottom of. Sometimes when I try to preview a project in NW.js, the window will open and then take forever to load. Closing the window or killing it through task manager will then result in the entire computer hanging for a few seconds as if the CPU is maxed out. However, task manager doesn't show any big load on the CPU.

Sometimes after previewing a smaller project, it will preview correctly and an NW.js process will stay open in task manager even after closing the window. If I then open one of the bigger projects that usually gives me trouble, the preview will start another NW.js process, and this time load smoothly. Seems my PC has trouble starting up NW.js if there isn't already one running? I don't really understand it.

• Hey, I've been having a strange problem with NW.js that I can't get to the bottom of. Sometimes when I try to preview a project in NW.js, the window will open and then take forever to load. Closing the window or killing it through task manager will then result in the entire computer hanging for a few seconds as if the CPU is maxed out. However, task manager doesn't show any big load on the CPU.

Hi, I have approximately the same problem here.

Some customers have reported NWJS blank screens or black screens and crashes on their computers.

A common point between them is that their Windows are not kept up to date.

Can you check this ?

Best regards.

Mat

• It all sounds like it's related to the previously mentioned issue. In conclusion, please wait for the next release coming in about a week.

If the issue persists, I'll do a bug report.

• Windows and NW.js are both up to date. I first had this issue about a year or more ago, I just took a long break from C2 in between then and now. Unfortunately I don't recall what might've happened at the time to start causing errors. If it might be Windows related, I believe I upgraded to Win10 around then.

• I've discovered that updating from 272 to 273 reduces performance with many SHADOW CASTING objects on screen.

I'm asking someone else to reproduce the problem, confirm it, and possibly build a CAPX to show that to Ashley, as that's a major issue for me and i guess for some of you.

• I've discovered that updating from 272 to 273 reduces performance with many SHADOW CASTING objects on screen.

I'm asking someone else to reproduce the problem, confirm it, and possibly build a CAPX to show that to Ashley, as that's a major issue for me and i guess for some of you.

If it's only happening in NWjs I could look into it, else it's kinda unrelated to this topic.

• Everyone that reported issues with NWjs and performance/bugs recently. The new version is out and available for both Construct's. Please test it and do a post if your problems have been fixed or are still there.

• In my case, version 0.42.0 has not solved anything.

The screen is now black when it was previously white but everything remains the same.

The startup takes a long time while the screen remains black.

Nothing has changed.

• In my case, version 0.42.0 has not solved anything.

The screen is now black when it was previously white but everything remains the same.

The startup takes a long time while the screen remains black.

Nothing has changed.

Alright next step would be narrowing it down so I can do proper bug reports.

Current issues:

• Slow startup [V0.41+]
    • High CPU usage + Crashes on older Windows systems[?]

ACCES-Mathieu Please provide the version this started happening and try to narrow it down if you can. How old are systems you both are basing this on? Any minimal project to reproduce and providing your package.json* file would help.

Is it correct that this started with V.0.41? Could you also please provide your package.json* file for reproduction.

(*See "Important Files & File Paths" to find it.)

• > In my case, version 0.42.0 has not solved anything.

> The screen is now black when it was previously white but everything remains the same.

> The startup takes a long time while the screen remains black.

> Nothing has changed.

Alright next step would be narrowing it down so I can do proper bug reports.

Current issues:

• Slow startup [V0.41+]
    • High CPU usage + Crashes on older Windows systems[?]

ACCES-Mathieu Please provide the version this started happening and try to narrow it down if you can. How old are systems you both are basing this on? Any minimal project to reproduce and providing your package.json* file would help.

Is it correct that this started with V.0.41? Could you also please provide your package.json* file for reproduction.

(*See "Important Files & File Paths" to find it.)

"main": "index.html", "name": "[[[name]]]", "description": "[[[description]]]", "version": "[[[version]]]", "window": { "icon": "icon-128.png", "width": [[[width]]], "height": [[[height]]], "position": "center", "resizable": [[[resizable]]], "frame": [[[frame]]], "kiosk": [[[kiosk]]], "show": true }, "dom_storage_quota": 50, "user-agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (%osinfo) AppleWebKit/%webkit_ver (KHTML, like Gecko, Chrome, Safari) NWjs/%nwver", "chromium-args": "--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files"

That's right, in my case it was from version 0.41.0

• ACCES-Mathieu Please provide the version this started happening and try to narrow it down if you can. How old are systems you both are basing this on? Any minimal project to reproduce and providing your package.json* file would help.

Here's my package.json :

{ "main": "index.html", "name": "*****", "description": "*****", "version": "1.0.0.0", "window": { "icon": "icons/icon-512.png", "title": "*****", "width": 1024, "height": 768, "position": "center", "resizable": true, "frame": true, "kiosk": false, "show": true }, "user-agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (%osinfo) AppleWebKit/%webkit_ver (KHTML, like Gecko, Chrome, Safari) NWjs/%nwver", "chromium-args": "--enable-node-worker --disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --allow-file-access-from-files --ignore-gpu-blacklist" }

About the version when it occured I'd say it was compiled with the last version of nwjs between july 16th and september 11th (these are the dates of my two releases suffering the bug).

• ACCES-Mathieu If you modify the package.json file after exporting, please also provide the edited version. So far I can't notice anything special with the files.

ACCES-Mathieu The only version I could find is the one released on the 12th August 2019 (v0.40.1), I will base the report on that. I still need more info.

Any minimal project for reproduction would help. Since part of what you're reporting is a crash, could you please ask a user to zip up the folder called crashpad? I know it's probably something you'd like to avoid but there are no other options, unless you can provide something for reproduction. [%LOCALAPPDATA%\#PROJECT NAME#\User Data\CrashPad]

A common point between them is that their Windows are not kept up to date.

How outdated are the systems? The problems that come with outdated systems are usually not caused by the OS itself but by the drivers not being up to date. Most of them are included in the Windows Updater nowadays. Issues with the renderer (e.g. outdated graphics driver) should be inside the crashlog as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)