The Big NW.js Roundup - News & Tips

From the Asset Store
Jump over the small square and avoid hitting it as long as you can!
  • Lmao yeah, understandable. But "Fart" is an acronym of "Find And Replace Text" so... I've gotten quite some use out of this little tool. :D

• when someone plays the NWjs export, and plays it "windowed" is there a way to save their window settings and position for the next time they play?

I didn't know players would even want this feature until I got feedback on it!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > > Has there been any luck with the fullscreen/ close function?

> > it seems with each update to C3 it breaks further and further.

> > I think i am going mad with these bugs lol

>

> Still investigating: github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/7542

TheRealDannyyy

I have a work around for the close issue, if you want to add it to your list.

Use the action - Browser -> Execute Javascript

And run this:

"var gui = require('nw.gui');

var win = gui.Window.get();

win.close();"

There are too many issues with C2's NWjs plugin. You are generally better off using Construct 3.

I know that Javascript can seem difficult and overwhelming at first but most window related issues, can be worked around by executing JS and a selected function like in your example.

when someone plays the NWjs export, and plays it "windowed" is there a way to save their window settings and position for the next time they play?

I didn't know players would even want this feature until I got feedback on it!

I would save the window state (position, fullscreen/windowed, size etc.) as variables and run actions on startup. NWjs should by default save these but it might be broken for various reasons.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)