ADDING THE PLATFORM BLOCKS
13. Right click on the Background image and select Insert New Object.
14. Double click on Sprite > click once on the background image > click on Load an Image from a file > double click on the Ground image > close the Edit Image window that appears.
15. Move the new sprite to the very bottom of the layout window, alternatively you can specify the following position in the Properties panel. Also change the name of the sprite to Ground, as shown:
16. With the ground sprite still selected, click on Add/Edit under Behaviours in the Properties panel.
17. Click on the plus sign in the Behaviours window and select Physics, then Add.
18. Close the Behaviours window.
19.With the Ground sprite still selected, in the Properties panel under Behaviours, Physics, change Immovable to Yes.
If you don’t make the ground object immovable, it will simply fall off the game window when you run the game.
20. Right click on the Background image, select Insert New Object, double click on Mouse.
This ensures that mouse events and actions will be available within your project.
21. In the Layers panel, lock the Background layer by clicking on the lock image, then add a new layer by clicking on the plus sign. Click on the Pencil and rename this layer to Main.
22. Select File, Save and save your game as SaveTheMonkeys in the folder you previously created with the same name.
23. Ensure the Main layer is selected and right click the Background image > Insert New Object > double click Sprite > click once on the Background image > Load Image from a File > double click SmallBlock > close Edit Image window.
24. Rename the sprite to SmallBlock > add a Behaviour of Physics > leave Immovable to No > drag the block into the following position:
25. Use CTRL drag to create additional copies of the SmallBlock sprite and position them as follows:
26. Right click the Background image > Insert New Object > double click Sprite > click once on the Background image > Load Image from a File > double click BigBlock > close Edit Image window.
27. Rename the sprite to BigBlock > add a Behaviour of Physics > leave Immovable to No > drag the block into the following position: