KENYONB's Forum Posts

  • I've managed to get a working achievements and leaderboard but the actual values aren't correct, perhaps due to a lack of "trigger once while true" conditions.

    Essentially I set it up as If (is boolean set)-> unlock achievement/submit score

    Then I go into my game services and locate the corresponding ID for the intended achievement/score and insert that into the action.

    Wow, great job! I couldn't get any scores to submit or leaderboards to show yesterday. And one Google Play event/trigger is crashing my game.

    Would you mind taking a screen capture of your events to submit score and display leaderboard? Or copy and paste as text? That would be helpful. Or PM me.

  • No idea what's going on... Seems like it signs in on start screen, then on the gameplay the level, nothing i have programmed works. It wont submit score, show leaderboard, load score, etc...

  • Apparently this is a problem with the googleplay plugin. I also started the application with this plugin. The Login screen appears in googleplay and disappears after that no events associated with this plugin work.

    Seems you're right. I finally got the login screen/pop-up to show. Looks like it is logged in, but then nothing I have programmed afterwards will work. It won't set the high score, or load the high score, or display leaderboards. I'm stuck at the moment...

  • It's not an issue with the order of events. The sign-in basically fails. As a test I placed an -> on auto-sign in failed-sign-in event on the title page of my game and it is a continuously repeating instance of how you describe it: a dimming of the screen and the notification bar coming visible but nothing happening. Thus, it has to do with the setup of the google play plugin not the order of events.

    Well, I got the auto-sign in to work! It loads the sign in screen with my avatar and confirms sign in like other games.

    I left my order of events as they are in my previous post above. I have App ID and Game ID and Client ID entered, so not sure if that makes a difference having all 3 entered. And I also signed the APK with both V1 and V2 this time, so not sure if that made the difference.

    I now have two remaining issues...

    1- Loading the player's best high score and saving as global variable to set in text field. It's always stuck at 0.

    2- And Display Leaderboards. When you click the icon to show leaderboard, a screen loads but the load circle just goes around and around.

    Still testing. So I'll report back if I get these to work.

  • What is SHA1? Of course, I understand everything that googleplay policy is very invigorated, but why complicate everything ... Previously to add googleplayservices to your game you just had to copy your APP_ID and nothing more. Now the game developer needs to make not only a game but also learn how to compile through cmd ... What is ... Why would not Scirra simply add the function of the GooglePlay plugin to the SHA, APP_ID, SecretKey insertion function ... In general, you need to detach from this GooglePlay if they will complicate everything ...

    I believe this is only needed if you build an unsigned APK from C3 and plan to submit/sign through Google Dev Console. I am exporting as an Android Project, then building the signed APK from Android Studio.

  • > I just tried implementing the Google Play services plugin in a game today and can't seem to get it working.

    >

    > I have these events on the starts screen:

    > + GooglePlay: On loaded

    > ----+ GooglePlay: Is loaded

    > -----> GooglePlay: Sign in

    >

    > When it loads, the screen dims and the menu bar and the navigation buttons show (like when you swipe down from the top during full screen). It looks like something is going to happen, and then they disappear and the game plays like normal. no error or anything.

    >

    > Is this an issue with how I am programming events? Or is there an issue with the plugin?

    >

    Apparently this is a problem with the googleplay plugin. I also started the application with this plugin. The Login screen appears in googleplay and disappears after that no events associated with this plugin work. The problem with Construct 3 is that they always have very important errors in the plugins. At the moment I can not release the game via C3 at all, since they do not work with the cordova-android assembly with the plugin mobileIAP. I thought why I paid $ 100 if I just sit and look at the program that puts me in the wheel.

    I can't get anything to show other than what I described above. I even added the game as an Internal Release under App Releases in the dev console thinking it was supposed to be hosted and officially registered or something to make it work, but still not working.

    Nepeo is this a known issue and is it being worked on? any help would be appreciated.

  • I just tried implementing the Google Play services plugin in a game today and can't seem to get it working.

    I have these events on the starts screen:

    + GooglePlay: On loaded

    ----+ GooglePlay: Is loaded

    -----> GooglePlay: Sign in

    When it loads, the screen dims and the menu bar and the navigation buttons show (like when you swipe down from the top during full screen). It looks like something is going to happen, and then they disappear and the game plays like normal. no error or anything.

    Is this an issue with how I am programming events? Or is there an issue with the plugin?

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just tried implementing the Google Play services plugin in a game todayand can't seem to get it working.

    I have these events on the starts screen:

    + GooglePlay: On loaded

    ----+ GooglePlay: Is loaded

    -----> GooglePlay: Sign in

    When it loads, the screen dims and the menu bar and the navigation buttons show (like when you swipe down from the top during full screen). It looks like something is going to happen, and then they disappear and the game plays like normal. no error or anything.

    Is this an issue with how I am programming events? Or is there an issue with the plugin?

  • My signature image used to show, and now it doesn't. I haven't moved the image from where it is hosted, nor have I edited the signature text. I tested and drafted a post in the forum to show an image using the

    tags, but it wont show. Is anyone else having issues? has anything changed that would prevent a png file from showing? It appears gifs work fine.

    In this post (below) I have the image from my signature embedded using the img tag, but it isn't showing...

  • Go into your app via app dashboard.

    Go to Roles, in that tab you can add administrators, developers but also test users. You can add your facebook friends, but also none friends.

    ah ha! Thank you.

  • Yep, looks like we'll be waiting for a while to get reviews/approved/rejected.

    In the meantime, does anybody know how to let others test your instant game while it is In Review status? or In Development? I've tried sharing with others, but they get "Game Not Available".

    PS- kudos to the Construct crew Ashley for creating this plugin with all the fun features like Leaderboard and Ads... I got everything working with my game with the help of others in the forum, now I just need to get it approved

  • >

    > I have a global variable for a score in my game. And I created a Leaderboard for the game in Facebook Instant Game settings. (global not contextual) How do I translate that into a score on a Facebook Leaderboard?

    >

    > Can you or someone list the set of events to get the Leaderboard to work? or post a screenshot of their events? or copy/paste the events? or is there a tutorial written on this?

    >

    Just read this thread, the events to load data is descibed here.

    To post is easier, not possible to fail sort of. You just enter the name of the leaderboard you have created in The FB app into the post event in construct.

    To have score as a variable is fine, that is pretty much the only way to have it...

    The leaderboard has good error messages if it wont work for some reason, just run your instant game in browser and look in the console what is happening.

    good luck

    yep. I read through again and it had enough for me to set high score and create a leaderboard and also update messenger when player reaches a new high score. Now I just need to get the game approved and published so others can test it. Thanks!

  • >

    > > I have the leaderboard working now....however I am struggling where to put the event "Load Leaderboard" because there is always a delay, it does take a while to load the scores. This obviously does not help the flow of the game.

    > >

    >

    > i have it in the "on start of layout" or what the name is again on the "main" screen. same screen as the leaderboard. then "on leaderboard loaded" I populate the board. Sometimes it goes instantly, sometimes it take a second. depending on the connection of the phone

    >

    Thanks, that seemed to work

    I have a global variable for a score in my game. And I created a Leaderboard for the game in Facebook Instant Game settings. (global not contextual) How do I translate that into a score on a Facebook Leaderboard?

    Can you or someone list the set of events to get the Leaderboard to work? or post a screenshot of their events? or copy/paste the events? or is there a tutorial written on this?

  • >

    > Holy cow, I finally got the ads to show. My initial problem was that when I was trying to set up monetization, Facebook created a separate app and added the Audience Network feature to it. I deleted, then reconnected via business manager following your tips, and then it took a few hours to show ads. Thanks!

    >

    Glad I could help! Nice that you got it working.

    Happy easter everyone! (I guess facebook review will be closed until tuesday now anyway )

    Thanks again and yes sir, Happy Easter.

    But looks like Facebook isn't reviewing any apps at the moment. I've seen this message for a few days:

    Is everyone else seeing this?

  • >

    > >

    > >

    > > in FB business manager you need to have your app registered as a deta source. Data Sources -> Apps

    > > In the Properties you need to have a property registered, where your app is an asigned asset. Data sources->Properties

    > >

    > > Then in monetization manager you set up your property with Instant ads, and the ID you get there is the one you fill in into Construct events.

    > >

    > > you can look into your app, under ADvanced and verify thet the business manager is linked there as well.

    > >

    > > (this is how I did it, but you can maybe do it in many different ways! I can also say that their layout/setup changes very often, so evrytime you look into this manager the setup is different )

    > >

    >

    > Ok, thanks. I'll check that out.

    >

    > But when you go to your App Dashboard, do you have an Audience Network app listed with same name as your Instant Game like I described previously?

    >

    No I do not have any other apps in the App Dashboard than the ones I have created myself.

    When/If you have it correctly sey up the Audience Network will have a green light under Products on your App (within App Dashboard)

    Holy cow, I finally got the ads to show. My initial problem was that when I was trying to set up monetization, Facebook created a separate app and added the Audience Network feature to it. I deleted, then reconnected via business manager following your tips, and then it took a few hours to show ads. Thanks!