KENYONB's Forum Posts

  • > Facebook created an Audience Network for my game. Same name of game with "- Audience Network" appended to it.

    >

    > Is this necessary to show ads?

    >

    > If so, does this need to have Instant Games enabled?

    > Or do you just leave it alone?

    >

    in FB business manager you need to have your app registered as a deta source. Data Sources -> Apps

    In the Properties you need to have a property registered, where your app is an asigned asset. Data sources->Properties

    Then in monetization manager you set up your property with Instant ads, and the ID you get there is the one you fill in into Construct events.

    you can look into your app, under ADvanced and verify thet the business manager is linked there as well.

    (this is how I did it, but you can maybe do it in many different ways! I can also say that their layout/setup changes very often, so evrytime you look into this manager the setup is different )

    Ok, thanks. I'll check that out.

    But when you go to your App Dashboard, do you have an Audience Network app listed with same name as your Instant Game like I described previously?

  • Facebook created an Audience Network for my game. Same name of game with "- Audience Network" appended to it.

    Is this necessary to show ads?

    If so, does this need to have Instant Games enabled?

    Or do you just leave it alone?

  • I found my game in Messenger and was able to play it. Works fine. But does the game need to be approved in order for ads to show? I haven't seen any ads load.

  • jagoman and sizcoz

    Are you guys using the official sdk implementation inside the index.html? or using the instant games plugin?

    and how one can load a in development app while isnt public trough messenger or facebook mobile app? and arent them the same thing ? O.O im a bit confused been chasing my tail for the past 2 days around this advert thing i get error loading ad ...

    my progress so far is

    adding instant games to app

    link the propriety ad space to the app trough the business manager for audience network

    get ad space for platform instant games (its a bit tricky if you dont link the above the right way you dont get the platform to show and there is no tutorial about that you just click stuff till u get it done lol... or atleast that was my discovery process)

    get code for the ad to be called

    use the instant game plugin and publish a thingy on facebook however is not live and im using the browser on my mobile... and i guess thats why i get the error on load ad.

    i also added a 60 second delay before requesting a new ad to be loaded. am i doing something wrong? or am i missing something?

    shouldnt the facebook ads instant games platform be also available for desktops? since is not android/ios only platform?

    Edit: i actually managed to show the ads inside the messenger however is not showing on facebook app and desktop, but as long as it loads on messenger is fine.

    However how one can be aproved for audience network after inputing the payment account? it seems is because is weekend is disabled or maybe this week their working on it? i cant seem to enable the 4th step which is send to review.

    or is it because is not a live app yet and its still in development?

    — how did you test in Messenger before it was approved or published?

  • [quote:2rw3qag0]

    Yes , It's a bit confusing, but first you go into monetisation manager, then you create an adspace first, then you create a placement in that adspace, then you use the placement id in c3, what i found, is that it takes a while for the system to catch up, and I found that once you have tried it in messenger then it seems to kick in.

    best of luck.

    cheers

    My app is definitely an Instant Game. I crated an app and enabled Instant Games.

    I went into Monetization Manager and it created a duplicate app, same name as my Instant Game, but with "_ Audience Network" appended to the name.

    Then I crated the Property for my app.

    Adspace for Instant Game wasn't available until I enabled Instant Games in the Audience Network app. Once i turned that on, then I was able to create it an Adpsace for Instant Games. Then create Placement and get the ID.

    Does that sound about right?

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Help, advice needed, I cant get the ad's to show (many hours wasted, you know the feeling), so checklist

    >

    > Added instant app, in development and the app is working on facebook, from my facebook login.

    > Added Facebook Audience Network and got Adspace and Placement id

    > Added Instant games object to C3 r92

    >

    > C3 code > start of layout > instant games > load ad, with placement id

    >

    > On event happening > show ad

    >

    > I have read through documentation, it says you can test it on your mobile on your login before review, and ads should show, but nothing shows.

    > Also there are no requests in the Ad debugger, in monetisation manager.

    >

    > But, on the event debugger in analytics, it does show 'getInterstitialAdAsync'

    >

    > Am I missing something simple?

    >

    > would appreciate some guidance

    >

    > Cheers, in advance

    >

    How or where did you get AD SPACE and PLACEMENT ID?

    I think I found it. In monetization Manager, you click on MANAGE next to property, then add a Platform. I assume you have to add both platforms for iOS and Android for ads to show on both, correct?

  • Help, advice needed, I cant get the ad's to show (many hours wasted, you know the feeling), so checklist

    Added instant app, in development and the app is working on facebook, from my facebook login.

    Added Facebook Audience Network and got Adspace and Placement id

    Added Instant games object to C3 r92

    C3 code > start of layout > instant games > load ad, with placement id

    On event happening > show ad

    I have read through documentation, it says you can test it on your mobile on your login before review, and ads should show, but nothing shows.

    Also there are no requests in the Ad debugger, in monetisation manager.

    But, on the event debugger in analytics, it does show 'getInterstitialAdAsync'

    Am I missing something simple?

    would appreciate some guidance

    Cheers, in advance

    How or where did you get AD SPACE and PLACEMENT ID?

  • thanks — Let's see what happens.

  • I love MoveTo. I want MoveTo. I NEED MoveTo.

    It has already been requested in the past...

    https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-361

    and has been merged with " Tween/Easing IN/OUT Behavior"

    https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-41

    Interestingly, the Admin Response was that it was a good idea and that we should wait for the new C3 runtime. The new runtime is here.

    Well then let's merge the idea I created with these so the votes tally up!

  • 3 Points from me To MoveTo

    Thanks for the votes tarek2! Fingers crossed we get an official MoveTo!

  • Valid arguments from both sides. I'd really like to see some of Rex's plugins/behaviors become officially adopted, but I know that probably won't happen, and if it does, not anytime soon.

    I've already started to remove his plugins from one game I'm working on and replacing with stock event/action coding. Disappointing, because what could be accomplished in one line, requires several. Something like Pin To Image Point should be included in the official Pin behavior.

    Vote for it here: https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-421

    And yes, I too would love to have Scirra adopt Rex's MoveTo behavior. I've added the idea, please vote for it here: https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-440

  • > yes, I'm using beta and it works well

    >

    Sorry for replying to an old post, but which values did you use for beta?

    depends if you're holding the device landscape or portrait, and landscape left vs landscape right, and also remember that Tablets' alpha/beta/gamma match phone's portrait mode, not landscape mode.

  • so whats the answer to this? without having to use Rex's tilt plugin to detect orientation?

  • > The real raised question is IMHO "is C3 usable without Rex (and R0J0 etc.)plugins" ?

    >

    No it's not. Unless you keep your games fairly simple. Anything more complex and you're gonna need those plugins or code your own.

    > danlei looks like you only have half of what you need. there's still hope he comes around and decides to support his plugins. Or someone else ports them. Which raises the question, if he has abandoned them, is it ok for someone else to port his plugins to C3?

    >

    Yeah I'm out of luck for now. Though I can work without firebase in the beginning. Just need to do a lot more manual work and make some very bad workarounds.

    danlei and MassimoF Agreed... Rex and R0J0 do awesome work. I wish they would bring it to C3.

  • >

    > > To me, in order to be able to migrate to C3, I'd need rexrainbow's Firebase ItemTable and Firebase Storage.

    > >

    >

    > danlei Rex ported two Firebase plugins. Not sure if they are the ones you need though...

    > https://github.com/rexrainbow/C3RexDoc/ ... o/index.md

    >

    Yes I need those both he has ported. Thank you for the link!

    In addition to those I need the ItemTable and Storage in order to reference data from the Firebase inside the App. But in the meantime I can use Construct 2 I guess.

    danlei looks like you only have half of what you need. there's still hope he comes around and decides to support his plugins. Or someone else ports them. Which raises the question, if he has abandoned them, is it ok for someone else to port his plugins to C3?