FB Instant Games - Adverts

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • >

> > Help, advice needed, I cant get the ad's to show (many hours wasted, you know the feeling), so checklist

> >

> > Added instant app, in development and the app is working on facebook, from my facebook login.

> > Added Facebook Audience Network and got Adspace and Placement id

> > Added Instant games object to C3 r92

> >

> > C3 code > start of layout > instant games > load ad, with placement id

> >

> > On event happening > show ad

> >

> > I have read through documentation, it says you can test it on your mobile on your login before review, and ads should show, but nothing shows.

> > Also there are no requests in the Ad debugger, in monetisation manager.

> >

> > But, on the event debugger in analytics, it does show 'getInterstitialAdAsync'

> >

> > Am I missing something simple?

> >

> > would appreciate some guidance

> >

> > Cheers, in advance

> >

>

> How or where did you get AD SPACE and PLACEMENT ID?

>

I think I found it. In monetization Manager, you click on MANAGE next to property, then add a Platform. I assume you have to add both platforms for iOS and Android for ads to show on both, correct?

No, should add Instant game platform. Not ios or android.

If instant game do not show up, you have done some wrong while setting up the app. Or you have used a fb app set up before instant game was released. To add instant game to a old setup wont work. Create a new app.

• Ads will only work for mobile. Regardless mobile platform. And is not working in desktop, regardless OS.

This is how the Instant games API is working and same for all games, not construct related.

I think over 95% of the instant games plays is by mobile users, so don’t try out your game as a desktop game. Try it in messenger on your mobile.

If you want a desktop game, then facebook web app is better api than instant game.

is there a desktop monetization for facebook also? cause i can use a platform if mobile or desktop and use that to get the extra 5% covered also otherwise people would just go to desktop or browser version since if u dont paly the game trough the messenger app the ads dont show on mobile :-s and its kinda sad also they dont show even trough facebook app mobile... only messenger... so im guessing is only messenger locked... but then again, i want the game not be visible for desktop or normal browser or facebook app. since the monetization is on messenger only, if users want to play it they should go there.

• > Ads will only work for mobile. Regardless mobile platform. And is not working in desktop, regardless OS.

>

> This is how the Instant games API is working and same for all games, not construct related.

>

> I think over 95% of the instant games plays is by mobile users, so don’t try out your game as a desktop game. Try it in messenger on your mobile.

>

> If you want a desktop game, then facebook web app is better api than instant game.

>

is there a desktop monetization for facebook also? cause i can use a platform if mobile or desktop and use that to get the extra 5% covered also otherwise people would just go to desktop or browser version since if u dont paly the game trough the messenger app the ads dont show on mobile :-s and its kinda sad also they dont show even trough facebook app mobile... only messenger... so im guessing is only messenger locked... but then again, i want the game not be visible for desktop or normal browser or facebook app. since the monetization is on messenger only, if users want to play it they should go there.

No, ads is only implemented for messenger in instant games. There are no ads possible for desktop currently.

There is also no way of restricting the game for messenger only. (And payments in instant game is not allowed.)

Instant games has been around for two years, regardless ads, the user do not go over to desktop... these games are for messenger use mostly. It should be easy quick games. Like games you play on the bus..

• It ahould be easy quick games. Like games you play on the bus..

makes sense then so then it works perfect and is pretty easy to setup! i was thinking is something im missing out! however payments in instant games are available.... like look up everwings or something like that, u are able to buy in game credits trough instant app using the instant games sdk, thats a pretty dope feature maybe to have later on.

• > It ahould be easy quick games. Like games you play on the bus..

>

makes sense then so then it works perfect and is pretty easy to setup! i was thinking is something im missing out! however payments in instant games are available.... like look up everwings or something like that, u are able to buy in game credits trough instant app using the instant games sdk, thats a pretty dope feature maybe to have later on.

Ah cool. Sorry, then I was wrong there.

Actually I think it start to gets a little bit confusing with all the different Facebook game types now, with different APIs and different setups.

Here are the different way to setup a game, which are all playable within facebook:

-Instant Games

-Facebook Web Games

-Facebook web site

-Facebook Gameroom (for native)

-Facebook app center (to find native games and web games)

And it is quite annoying that the dashboard automatically add some types even though you do not want or need it!

• [quote:2rw3qag0]

Yes , It's a bit confusing, but first you go into monetisation manager, then you create an adspace first, then you create a placement in that adspace, then you use the placement id in c3, what i found, is that it takes a while for the system to catch up, and I found that once you have tried it in messenger then it seems to kick in.

best of luck.

cheers

My app is definitely an Instant Game. I crated an app and enabled Instant Games.

I went into Monetization Manager and it created a duplicate app, same name as my Instant Game, but with "_ Audience Network" appended to the name.

Then I crated the Property for my app.

Adspace for Instant Game wasn't available until I enabled Instant Games in the Audience Network app. Once i turned that on, then I was able to create it an Adpsace for Instant Games. Then create Placement and get the ID.

Does that sound about right?

• jagoman and sizcoz

Are you guys using the official sdk implementation inside the index.html? or using the instant games plugin?

and how one can load a in development app while isnt public trough messenger or facebook mobile app? and arent them the same thing ? O.O im a bit confused been chasing my tail for the past 2 days around this advert thing i get error loading ad ...

my progress so far is

adding instant games to app

link the propriety ad space to the app trough the business manager for audience network

get ad space for platform instant games (its a bit tricky if you dont link the above the right way you dont get the platform to show and there is no tutorial about that you just click stuff till u get it done lol... or atleast that was my discovery process)

get code for the ad to be called

use the instant game plugin and publish a thingy on facebook however is not live and im using the browser on my mobile... and i guess thats why i get the error on load ad.

i also added a 60 second delay before requesting a new ad to be loaded. am i doing something wrong? or am i missing something?

shouldnt the facebook ads instant games platform be also available for desktops? since is not android/ios only platform?

Edit: i actually managed to show the ads inside the messenger however is not showing on facebook app and desktop, but as long as it loads on messenger is fine.

However how one can be aproved for audience network after inputing the payment account? it seems is because is weekend is disabled or maybe this week their working on it? i cant seem to enable the 4th step which is send to review.

or is it because is not a live app yet and its still in development?

how did you test in Messenger before it was approved or published?

• how did you test in Messenger before it was approved or published?

Edited:

Since are a bit more then just a few details that need to be covered to run the process clean and properly just follow this tutorial: How to - Instant Games FB - Construct 3

Ashley would the Construct 3 tutorials section be available for everybody? or is locked to the official team indefinitely?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You dont have to set up anyting special to test the app yourself. the app will be visble in your messenger directly when you create it, under ’In development’. Since you are the administrator.

You dont even need to upload any zip or anything to see the app. (But to play it, you need to upload ofcourse 😊).

So to test your app you can start testing without any pictures, videos, appleID, privacy policy, set to Live, or anything. ads, leaderboards, sharing, etc works while in test.

When you go for review and release, then you need all those obove setup correctly.

• I found my game in Messenger and was able to play it. Works fine. But does the game need to be approved in order for ads to show? I haven't seen any ads load.

• I found my game in Messenger and was able to play it. Works fine. But does the game need to be approved in order for ads to show? I haven't seen any ads load.

No, if you have it set up correctly the ads will work fine. Without any approvement (nor approved in monetize manger, or on the app.)

So if they do not show up something is wrong in your case.

Here is a tip. Search for the game in the Instant Games section in Facebook on your computer, if you are logged in as the same user who are admin of the game you will always be able to find it. just like in Messenger. Then open the Chrome console and play the game. The Instant Games API has good error messages for everyting. So this is a good tip for everuone regardless of what is not working, leaderboard, ads or whatever. Because there you will get error messages on what is going wrong!

no your game does not need to be approved to show ads, what is happening if all your advert calls are correct, is that your app inside Facebook developer console is not linked to the advert there for it cant show you the ads.

because your hosting it on the app but the advert is like... ok i know is a facebook app but where is the identifier that tells me is the app i should show it on? see what i mean?

you need to go to ur business settings data sources and link the app to the advert, if its not happening wait a bit or check that you have the right code inside your game for the respective advert.

privacy policy,

When you go for review and release, then you need all those above setup correctly.

not sure what you mean, but the moment you enter basic settings and try change stuff it wont allow you to save the settings without inputting privacy policy atleast that was in my case.

also you cant show adverts if you dont link your app with the advert network otherwise anyone can just grab ur adverts and put in their app or u can take the advert and spread it all over the place which is prohibited.

there are steps you done before this and are steps you are missing on telling, while you dont need to upload nothing to find your app as a administrator but then the whole purpose of telling him what needs to be doing to get the ads showing is pointless so saying stuff like "nah bruh you dont need stuff uploaded cause u can see it without having content" is pointless and unhelpful ... its logic u can see it the same way u can see ur pages that arent live but that doesn't mean is going to show his ads.... come with a answer that helps and not trolls next time. cheers if you guys still need any help just follow the tutorial in the end you will have to get all the steps in tutorial done better do them from beginning without being confused later on. its a pain going back trying to figure out what to put where. have fun.

sorry for my missed spelling typing thing im on some long hrs of no sleep im thinking what to type but my fingers skip them for some reason...

• come with a answer that helps and not trolls next time. cheers if you guys still need any help just follow the tutorial in the end you will have to get all the steps in tutorial done better do them from beginning without being confused later on. its a pain going back trying to figure out what to put where. have fun.

I just replied that if someone just want to test their own app, see how it looks etc, they can find their own app without filling in all fields. They can fill in more info later before they go to review. that was basically the only thing I said.

but if you think I'm a troll, okay.

• I just replied that if someone just want to test their own app, see how it looks etc, they can find their own app without filling in all fields. They can fill in more info later before they go to review. that was basically the only thing I said.

but if you think I'm a troll, okay.

probably you where not trolling. i said above im running on low hrs of sleep and dont have patience to read all i just seen something that was not making sense in his problem and took it as that, sorry,

however yes your right you can quickly test it without doing all steps but to run the ads even for testing u need :

business account, audience network ad place and linking facebook app to the audience network(!important if you dont link the ads to your facebook app the ads wont show no matter how quick u set up things it just doesn't work, its like trying to tell ur computer to boot up but u forget to plugin in the electric socket.)

while doing only those and uploading ur html5 game inside the app hosting is fast u'll do almost 90% of what i was saying above just do 2 more things and u dont have to figure it out later on and probably mess settings up by doing that. we are just explaining same

• Yes, we are describing the same thing. But we obviously work differently

It also got a bit confusing since you actually removed your message in the thread after I had replied to it. now it is just a link to your (great) tutorial!

But you can do it either way. Either: 1. You do a full setup first, then test. 2. Test it thru out the way.

Obviously you and I did it a bit different, you did nr1, I did nr2.

I first just created an app, tested it (just see if I found it). Then uploaded zip, tested it. Then added leaderboard, tested it. Added ads, tested it. Added pictures, description, video, tested it. Then sent for review.

Both way works.

Sleep well! see ya tomorrow

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)