Google Play not working properly

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hello! I implemented Google Play in my game, for now just a Sign in and Sign out button. I uploaded the game on google play (and added the Client ID, to my Google play object in Construct 2), yet when I click the Sign in button, i need to press it several times, before anything happens (all the other buttons work just fine), and when something happens it tells me that Google Play stopped working and the game crushes. Am I missing something? What else do I need to do? Thank you!

• Silviu are you using Construct 2 or 3? I'm not sure if the version of Google Play in C2 works in Android applications at the moment.

I'm assuming your using C3, based on the "Google Play Services stopped" message. When developing the plugin I noted that Play Services can be very fragile, and will sometimes crash when given invalid data instead of producing error messages. Also setting up your application online can be quite hard. Here's a checklist I have for using it:

• Create your game and leaderboards etc. through the Google Play console NOT the Google API console
    • APKs must be signed
    • Upload the SHA1 signature for your signing key
    • Sign the APK with the same signing key that you upload the signature for
    • Specify the app ID in the project
    • Make sure your email address is under the list of testers on the Google Play Console
    • Leaderboard/achievement caching is very aggressive, your device will always use it's local list instead of the remote if it can

If you haven't done any of the first 6 you won't be able to log in, it can be pretty frustrating.

• Silviu are you using Construct 2 or 3? I'm not sure if the version of Google Play in C2 works in Android applications at the moment.

I'm assuming your using C3, based on the "Google Play Services stopped" message. When developing the plugin I noted that Play Services can be very fragile, and will sometimes crash when given invalid data instead of producing error messages. Also setting up your application online can be quite hard. Here's a checklist I have for using it:

- Create your game and leaderboards etc. through the Google Play console NOT the Google API console

- APKs must be signed

- Upload the SHA1 signature for your signing key

- Sign the APK with the same signing key that you upload the signature for

- Specify the app ID in the project

- Make sure your email address is under the list of testers on the Google Play Console

- Leaderboard/achievement caching is very aggressive, your device will always use it's local list instead of the remote if it can

If you haven't done any of the first 6 you won't be able to log in, it can be pretty frustrating.

Thank you for your reply. I am really new to this, so I need a bit of help... So I exported my app as unsigned apk with Cordova then I created a keystore and signed my app using: keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

and

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore my_application.apk alias_name

After that I uploaded my game using Google Play Console. In google play object in construct 2 I added my game ID which is something like com.name.name and Client ID which looks like numbers-letters.googleusercontent.com, I am not sure what to add for Application ID. I added my email for testers, too. What else should I do? I am not sure what do you mean by "Upload the SHA1 signature for your signing key"... Thank you again for help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's fine, Apple and Google seem to go out of their way to make their services hard to integrate with!

Are you using C2 or C3?

• That's fine, Apple and Google seem to go out of their way to make their services hard to integrate with!

Are you using C2 or C3?

I use C3

Are you using C2 or C3?

So what else should I do...

• I just tried implementing the Google Play services plugin in a game today and can't seem to get it working.

I have these events on the starts screen:

+ GooglePlay: On loaded

----+ GooglePlay: Is loaded

-----> GooglePlay: Sign in

When it loads, the screen dims and the menu bar and the navigation buttons show (like when you swipe down from the top during full screen). It looks like something is going to happen, and then they disappear and the game plays like normal. no error or anything.

Is this an issue with how I am programming events? Or is there an issue with the plugin?

• I just tried implementing the Google Play services plugin in a game today and can't seem to get it working.

I have these events on the starts screen:

+ GooglePlay: On loaded

----+ GooglePlay: Is loaded

-----> GooglePlay: Sign in

When it loads, the screen dims and the menu bar and the navigation buttons show (like when you swipe down from the top during full screen). It looks like something is going to happen, and then they disappear and the game plays like normal. no error or anything.

Is this an issue with how I am programming events? Or is there an issue with the plugin?

Apparently this is a problem with the googleplay plugin. I also started the application with this plugin. The Login screen appears in googleplay and disappears after that no events associated with this plugin work. The problem with Construct 3 is that they always have very important errors in the plugins. At the moment I can not release the game via C3 at all, since they do not work with the cordova-android assembly with the plugin mobileIAP. I thought why I paid $ 100 if I just sit and look at the program that puts me in the wheel.

• > Silviu are you using Construct 2 or 3? I'm not sure if the version of Google Play in C2 works in Android applications at the moment.

>

> I'm assuming your using C3, based on the "Google Play Services stopped" message. When developing the plugin I noted that Play Services can be very fragile, and will sometimes crash when given invalid data instead of producing error messages. Also setting up your application online can be quite hard. Here's a checklist I have for using it:

>

> - Create your game and leaderboards etc. through the Google Play console NOT the Google API console

> - APKs must be signed

> - Upload the SHA1 signature for your signing key

> - Sign the APK with the same signing key that you upload the signature for

> - Specify the app ID in the project

> - Make sure your email address is under the list of testers on the Google Play Console

> - Leaderboard/achievement caching is very aggressive, your device will always use it's local list instead of the remote if it can

>

> If you haven't done any of the first 6 you won't be able to log in, it can be pretty frustrating.

>

Thank you for your reply. I am really new to this, so I need a bit of help... So I exported my app as unsigned apk with Cordova then I created a keystore and signed my app using: keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

and

jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore my_application.apk alias_name

After that I uploaded my game using Google Play Console. In google play object in construct 2 I added my game ID which is something like com.name.name and Client ID which looks like numbers-letters.googleusercontent.com, I am not sure what to add for Application ID. I added my email for testers, too. What else should I do? I am not sure what do you mean by "Upload the SHA1 signature for your signing key"... Thank you again for help!

What is SHA1? Of course, I understand everything that googleplay policy is very invigorated, but why complicate everything ... Previously to add googleplayservices to your game you just had to copy your APP_ID and nothing more. Now the game developer needs to make not only a game but also learn how to compile through cmd ... What is ... Why would not Scirra simply add the function of the GooglePlay plugin to the SHA, APP_ID, SecretKey insertion function ... In general, you need to detach from this GooglePlay if they will complicate everything ...

• > I just tried implementing the Google Play services plugin in a game today and can't seem to get it working.

>

> I have these events on the starts screen:

> + GooglePlay: On loaded

> ----+ GooglePlay: Is loaded

> -----> GooglePlay: Sign in

>

> When it loads, the screen dims and the menu bar and the navigation buttons show (like when you swipe down from the top during full screen). It looks like something is going to happen, and then they disappear and the game plays like normal. no error or anything.

>

> Is this an issue with how I am programming events? Or is there an issue with the plugin?

>

Apparently this is a problem with the googleplay plugin. I also started the application with this plugin. The Login screen appears in googleplay and disappears after that no events associated with this plugin work. The problem with Construct 3 is that they always have very important errors in the plugins. At the moment I can not release the game via C3 at all, since they do not work with the cordova-android assembly with the plugin mobileIAP. I thought why I paid $ 100 if I just sit and look at the program that puts me in the wheel.

I can't get anything to show other than what I described above. I even added the game as an Internal Release under App Releases in the dev console thinking it was supposed to be hosted and officially registered or something to make it work, but still not working.

Nepeo is this a known issue and is it being worked on? any help would be appreciated.

• What is SHA1? Of course, I understand everything that googleplay policy is very invigorated, but why complicate everything ... Previously to add googleplayservices to your game you just had to copy your APP_ID and nothing more. Now the game developer needs to make not only a game but also learn how to compile through cmd ... What is ... Why would not Scirra simply add the function of the GooglePlay plugin to the SHA, APP_ID, SecretKey insertion function ... In general, you need to detach from this GooglePlay if they will complicate everything ...

I believe this is only needed if you build an unsigned APK from C3 and plan to submit/sign through Google Dev Console. I am exporting as an Android Project, then building the signed APK from Android Studio.

• Apparently this is a problem with the googleplay plugin. I also started the application with this plugin. The Login screen appears in googleplay and disappears after that no events associated with this plugin work.

Seems you're right. I finally got the login screen/pop-up to show. Looks like it is logged in, but then nothing I have programmed afterwards will work. It won't set the high score, or load the high score, or display leaderboards. I'm stuck at the moment...

• >

> Apparently this is a problem with the googleplay plugin. I also started the application with this plugin. The Login screen appears in googleplay and disappears after that no events associated with this plugin work.

>

Seems you're right. I finally got the login screen/pop-up to show. Looks like it is logged in, but then nothing I have programmed afterwards will work. It won't set the high score, or load the high score, or display leaderboards. I'm stuck at the moment...

I'm talking about this and said ... plugin googleplay is not finalized, apparently Scirra will modify it in the next updates.

• I understand people are finding some of the new requirements a pain, I would like to say that I also find them pretty tedious. Just so everyone is clear:

• APK files must be signed
    • You must supply your SHA-1 certificate signature in the Google Play Developer Console
    • The Google account you are testing with must be listed as a tester in the Google Play Developer Console

If any of these are not done, when login is called it will briefly show the Play Games dialog, then it will vanish. These 3 things are required by Google (not by us), and any application that wants to use the Play Games service on Android must fulfil them.

The reason why they were not previously required was because we used the Web API on all platforms, and the requirements are a lot slacker for the Web API. Unfortunately Google no longer allow you to use the web API within a WebView for security reasons.

There are currently no known issues with the plugin. If you are experiencing a bug that isn't a sign in related configuration error then please open an issue on our bug tracker and I will look into it ASAP.

• I understand people are finding some of the new requirements a pain, I would like to say that I also find them pretty tedious. Just so everyone is clear:

- APK files must be signed

- You must supply your SHA-1 certificate signature in the Google Play Developer Console

- The Google account you are testing with must be listed as a tester in the Google Play Developer Console

If any of these are not done, when login is called it will briefly show the Play Games dialog, then it will vanish. These 3 things are required by Google (not by us), and any application that wants to use the Play Games service on Android must fulfil them.

The reason why they were not previously required was because we used the Web API on all platforms, and the requirements are a lot slacker for the Web API. Unfortunately Google no longer allow you to use the web API within a WebView for security reasons.

There are currently no known issues with the plugin. If you are experiencing a bug that isn't a sign in related configuration error then please open an issue on our bug tracker and I will look into it ASAP.

Would it be possible to post a step by step guide (with images preferably) showing how to do all these (including Sign In/Out, Leaderboard etc.) Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)