Instant Games - FYI regarding Review (a full stop, no ETA)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Help Santa find all his presents in this incredibly fun platformer game! FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • [quote:2jxtq3fo]Hey everyone, as you may know, the entire Facebook Platform is currently taking critical steps that involve taking action on potential past abuse, putting stronger protections in place to prevent future misuse, and giving people more control of their data.

As a result, we are currently pausing the review of new Instant Games. You can continue to submit Instant Games for review during this time.

Given the significant nature of these policy changes, we would like to thank you for working with us to create awesome gaming experiences. We will continue to send out updates as we have them over the next few weeks.

You can read updates from our leadership at the following locations:

Ime Archibong, VP Product Partnerships

Mark Zuckerberg, CEO

Also an official response, three days ago:

[quote:2jxtq3fo]We are unable to provide a specific timeframe for when we will be reviewing apps for the platform again. It is essential that we get the necessary platform updates in place. We understand this is not an ideal situation and we appreciate your patience.

yesterday, 2april:

[quote:2jxtq3fo]We will be sharing more details on our updated platform policies and terms in the coming weeks.

Also Messenger has the same now, stopped all 3rd party add on stuff for release. And stopped all review of new Bots.

It is also not possible to post Instant articles. huge impact for many businesses.

My guess: might come a new SDK before any games, at all, will be reviewed and released. Like for instance, might be changes to fetching other peoples data in to the apps, the bots, invites/sharing...

I think this will be down for long time. (Sad that I sent my games to review just ONE day to late. )

Your thoughts, did we miss the train?

• There's too much money at stake for them to scrap it. Give it a few weeks. They'll just impose a few restrictions that won't even affect us.

• Posted 1april:

[quote:1u1e0amv]Yesterday we made some changes to the Instant Games SDK.

The current impact is that games that access context ID, locale, entry point data and other information before startGameAsync has resolved no longer have access to these fields and get default values for them. For a full list of methods that can be called before startGameAsync has resolved, use this resource.

We are asking you to work with us over the next few days to clean up instances where this change has led to game-breaking bugs.

In addition to these changes, we also blocked games that were using non-official versions of the Facebook Instant Games SDK and messaged these developers via developer alerts and email.

Thank you for building games for our platform. Feel free to reach out via our developer communities if you need support during these transitions.

Ashley , sorry disturbing you. Do you get these updates from FB dev dep, how to (eventually) change the plugin calls, if needed?

• I don't think these requirements will affect Construct, it should already be compliant.

I would guess this is part of the fallout of the whole Cambridge Analytica scandal that's been in the news lately. Facebook are getting excoriated over that so I would guess they are putting everything on hold to review how everything is handled. I would guess once they have figured out what they're going to do about it then they'll reopen submissions.

• I don't think these requirements will affect Construct, it should already be compliant.

I would guess this is part of the fallout of the whole Cambridge Analytica scandal that's been in the news lately. Facebook are getting excoriated over that so I would guess they are putting everything on hold to review how everything is handled. I would guess once they have figured out what they're going to do about it then they'll reopen submissions.

Thanks for input!

Good that the calls from C3-plugin are compliant.

When reading and talking to other devs some seem to have serious issues right now, lots of calls stopped working suddenly.

Also monetization is closed down for some countries now. (mainly none western countries)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep, looks like we'll be waiting for a while to get reviews/approved/rejected.

In the meantime, does anybody know how to let others test your instant game while it is In Review status? or In Development? I've tried sharing with others, but they get "Game Not Available".

PS- kudos to the Construct crew Ashley for creating this plugin with all the fun features like Leaderboard and Ads... I got everything working with my game with the help of others in the forum, now I just need to get it approved

• Yep, looks like we'll be waiting for a while to get reviews/approved/rejected.

In the meantime, does anybody know how to let others test your instant game while it is In Review status? or In Development? I've tried sharing with others, but they get "Game Not Available".

PS- kudos to the Construct crew Ashley for creating this plugin with all the fun features like Leaderboard and Ads... I got everything working with my game with the help of others in the forum, now I just need to get it approved

Go into your app via app dashboard.

Go to Roles, in that tab you can add administrators, developers but also test users. You can add your facebook friends, but also none friends.

• Go into your app via app dashboard.

Go to Roles, in that tab you can add administrators, developers but also test users. You can add your facebook friends, but also none friends.

ah ha! Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)