Welcome to the new forums

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Welcome to the new forums! We're aware of some issues which we'll be cleaning up.

The forums have moved to Construct.net

Our new forums are now hosted on Construct.net. The old forums on Scirra.com now redirect here. However the rest of the content on Scirra.com, such as Construct 2 downloads, is still there. Here are some links:

Construct 2 downloads: https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases

Construct 2 manual: https://www.scirra.com/manual/1/construct-2

Scirra Store: https://www.scirra.com/store

Scirra Arcade: https://www.scirra.com/arcade/top-addicting-games

The plan is ultimately to move all of those to Construct.net as well. However this is a big job and will take some time - until then you can keep finding them on Scirra.com.

Known Issues

1. CSS needs improving on mobile view
    2. CSS needs improving on post rendering
    3. Post formatting needs cleaning up on imported posts
    4. Page performance of main forum home needs improving
    5. Search feature needs to be implemented
    6. Username references need to issue notification
    7. Mods needs to be able to see reported posts
    8. Active users to be shown
    9. Pagination for topic too cramped when hundreds of pages of posts

If you come across any more issues, please post here and I'll add them to the above list. Bear with us - it needs to be working before it can be made better :)

Your Private Messages

PMs on the old forum will be permamently removed on June 4th 2018! Until then, you can access them from https://www.scirra.com/forum/ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox

• Congratulations on migrating to new forums!

Could you please add "View my posts" link? I used it every day to keep track of my topics and answers. Can't imaging using this forum without it.

EDIT: many old posts are now completely unreadable. For example, the FAQ:

construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/-how-do-i-frequently-asked-que-41236

• Congratulations on migrating to new forums!

Could you please add "View my posts" link? I used it every day to keep track of my topics and answers. Can't imaging using this forum without it.

EDIT: many old posts are now completely unreadable. For example, the FAQ:

https://www.construct.net/au/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/-how-do-i-frequently-asked-que-41236

This link actually "translated" to construct.net already, so i could access (FAQ).

But for me, the whole forum is failing, for example: scirra.com/forum/get-random-animation-when-sprite-is-linked-to-an-array_p1177008

Btw, Jesus Christ. This redish/salmon plus "baby green", damn. So ugly. Sorry for being honest and i know you guys won't change it anyways...

Edit:

1) daaaamnnn son, where are my awards/medals? I need them. Also, no more "Has a construct 2 license" badge?

2) Hello there? Emoji/smiles? Unplayable.

• Will the store be transferred over because I can't access the store at the moment.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, where can I find the C2 manual ?.

And the download section of C2 ?.

Edit: scirra.com/manual/1/construct-2

• Very colorful forum, I like it. Really fits the theme of Construct.

Goodjob, looking forward to seeing more updates in the future.

• I'm loving how this is all tying together - opening the blog up to UGC is an absolute masterstroke with regards to SEO (not to mention some strong use of semantics!)

Some quick points:

1) The forums UI seems a bit cramped, I feel like each element having a few px more margin would help everything breathe so much better:

Before:

imgur.com/WMaiESE

After:

imgur.com/v4503XO

2) reCaptcha for every post?

3) The image upload will reject valid valid file types unless they explicitly name the the extension, which seems odd

Apart from that, I love this. People's avatars appearing when you quote them is awesome; the subscribe to topic button being more prominent is a super cool way of boosting stickability; and I cannot wait to see a Construct styled C3

EDIT//

Just realised the reCaptcha will fade out after a few successes - cool!

My anti-social, nocturnal self would kill for a dark theme.

• > EDIT: many old posts are now completely unreadable. For example, the FAQ:

> construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/-how-do-i-frequently-asked-que-41236

This link actually "translated" to construct.net already, so i could access (FAQ).

I can open that post too, but I'm talking about what's inside it - all links, screenshots and formatting are completely broken.

I really hope that this is just a temporary issue and will be fixed, because Construct forums has been the greatest knowledge database created by thousands of people over many years. And if this update kills it, this will be a terrible disaster...

Tom, please tell us that all old post will be fixed?

If not, could you at least keep the old forums (at scirra.com) alive? You can make it read-only, but please keep it accessible!

• to be honest ... i don't like it

i prefer the old theme

• For me I think it's a big step backwards in a lot of the design. It's suffering the same fate as the reddit redesign.

This may be covered by the Css upgrades on mobile, but so far for me:

-Everything is too big. The mobile screen is taken up by one or two topics at most, and I end up scrolling and scrolling just to see the same info i used to see all at once. Too much work for the user.

-The type is also giant, and making what should be one one line break out over two or three lines (i.e. The site nav text links under the "reply" title on this page)

-Last size thing: the buttons and icons are also enormous. (ie the construct logo in the top nav should be half the size, and the nav bar height with it.)

-Everything is important. There is no design hierarchy. Every element has a bright colour, often competing, and I have no indication of where to look. (i.e. The formatting buttons above this text box)

-The scrolling-boxes, like topic review, get in the way of the constant page scrolling I'm now doing (because everything is too big). When I try to scroll up on this Post Reply page, for example, half the time I end up just scrolling the topic review box instead.

I hope this is a work in progress, personally. It's falling for so many of the modern web design traps, and it's particularly sad to see that when the last forum design was so good.

• This thread is important, I hope you solve it because it is destroyed.

construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/construct-2-general-17/-updated-15-05-2018-the-big-nw-119428

I do not want to think that they are destroying C2 to "force" users to use C3, that would not work with me, then I would run scared of scirra.

PD Tom has said that the threads will be arranged

• posts from the recent day was not copied over. many posts got lost! the threads are longer in the old forum!

• Forum looks stunning, but I wish it had a dark theme for my eyes :(

Hope the links including the Manual are a known issue

• I like the old one better, this is too colourful and tacky, and don't look right

• Ok, here's the link to the manual.

Thank you that my ideas were wrong.

scirra.com/manual/1/construct-2

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)