Welcome to the new forums

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Will rep/profile views/join date all be reset as well? I imagine that kind of stuff isn't at the top of y'all's priority list, but still kinda sad to see it all go away if it does

same with me, joined with scirra at 2014, and now it's set to 2017 in here.

• Heh, I joined in 2011. Now I'm a proud new member since 2018 :D

• Heh, I joined in 2011. Now I'm a proud new member since 2018 :D

probably it feel like a reincarnation xD

• PM's have now all been deleted, and the feature removed as announced a couple of weeks ago. This is largely due to GDPR and the fact we don't want to facilitate private conversations on this website anymore (you can do it elsewhere).

Elsewhere? How can I now contact another member to start a conversation "elsewhere"? The profile does not show me a mail address.

And all this is largely due to GDPR?? A law that should give more data security for internet users is now used to remove functionality. it's a pity. Or a shame. Or both.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > PM's have now all been deleted, and the feature removed as announced a couple of weeks ago. This is largely due to GDPR and the fact we don't want to facilitate private conversations on this website anymore (you can do it elsewhere).

Elsewhere? How can I now contact another member to start a conversation "elsewhere"? The profile does not show me a mail address.

And all this is largely due to GDPR?? A law that should give more data security for internet users is now used to remove functionality. it's a pity. Or a shame. Or both.

Profile can list their Twitter, website and other social media profiles. If they don't have it listed, perhaps just ask them in a thread what their handle is as you would like to contact them. If they don't respond, then perhaps they don't wish to be contacted.

I think our bigger concern is we know there are children using this website. PM's are black boxes which we don't actively look into or moderate. We don't want to facilitate children receiving unsolicited private messages.

• Profile can list their Twitter, website and other social media profiles. If they don't have it listed, perhaps just ask them in a thread what their handle is as you would like to contact them.

I think our bigger concern is we know there are children using this website. PM's are black boxes which we don't actively look into or moderate. We don't want to facilitate children receiving unsolicited private messages.

With all due respect - I think that is an excuse. There are ways. Other forums allow you to configure mail addresses for share. Messages are forwarded to this address without the address itself being public and no personal data are stored.

Here I am forced to publish an email address or to create a Facebook or Twitter account. That's just bad and for sure against the idea of that new law.

• Tom, why do we have fields like "Occupation", "Email address", "About you", if they are not displayed in public profile? Could you make them visible?

• With all due respect - I think that is an excuse. There are ways. Other forums allow you to configure mail addresses for share. Messages are forwarded to this address without the address itself being public and no personal data are stored.

I wouldn't be comfortable setting up a service that relays private messages into peoples email accounts - I'm not even sure how this would address the fact that we do not want children receiving unsolicited private messages which we do not have the resources to monitor.

Secondly PM's were abused no end, spammers, trolls telling new users to try competitors software, abusive messages etc etc. From our POV, benefits not outweighed by costs. If someone wants to be found and contacted, they can list their social media profiles.

• Tom, why do we have fields like "Occupation", "Email address", "About you", if they are not displayed in public profile? Could you make them visible?

Remnants from old website imports (except email address), think we'll be stripping them out at some point. Not much value to them.

• I wouldn't be comfortable setting up a service that relays private messages into peoples email accounts - I'm not even sure how this would address the fact that we do not want children receiving unsolicited private messages which we do not have the resources to monitor.

Secondly PM's were abused no end, spammers, trolls telling new users to try competitors software, abusive messages etc etc. From our POV, benefits not outweighed by costs. If someone wants to be found and contacted, they can list their social media profiles.

I'm allowed to give all my social media names (which I personally do not have, just to mention that), but I'm not allowed to configure a hidden mail address for forwarding of messages and I'm not even allowed to show at least a mail address publicly in my profile?

Where is the logic here??

For children's safety is much worse to publish a social media name than to configure a mail address that is not publicly shown and is not even existing by default.

• Tom, the thing is - without signatures and any info in profiles people on this forum kind of lost their identity and individuality.. Everybody look the same now (well, apart from the avatars). There is zero information about who everybody are, what they do, what country they are from, what games they make... If you ask me, this is not a good thing.

• Where is the logic here??

The logic is simple, we do not want to directly facilitate private conversations. More hassle than it's worth.

What use case is it that you're specifically needing to PM users on the site on a regular enough basis where making contact in other ways is not sufficient?

• Tom, the thing is - without signatures and any info in profiles people on this forum kind of lost their identity and individuality.. Everybody look the same now (well, apart from the avatars). There is zero information about who everybody are, what they do, what country they are from, what games they make... If you ask me, this is not a good thing.

I agree with you profiles need to be improved, lots to do in the meantime that has a higher priority.

• Will rep/profile views/join date all be reset as well? I imagine that kind of stuff isn't at the top of y'all's priority list, but still kinda sad to see it all go away if it does

Join dates now fixed, rep will require more thought.

• can we get signatures back?

thats part of the forum vibe :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)