GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • If the last Beta does not work try disabling WebGl and see if that works for you.

• You know what, i just tried it myself and it is not working, my stuff becomes transparent using WebGL it seems the Beta did not fix anything. I will have to keep disabling WebGl alltogether for the time being.

• You know what, i just tried it myself and it is not working, my stuff becomes transparent using WebGL it seems the Beta did not fix anything. I will have to keep disabling WebGl alltogether for the time being.

Thanks. I'll have to try that and see how it performs on low-end and high-end devices and see if it is worth turning it off.

I also thought I read it only turns it off for C2 projects in the latest r111 release notes?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hey folks in the EU, would you mind trying this game to see if the Consent Dialog box appears?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.runnybutt

Just make sure it is version 1.5

It was built wit C3 r111 and I changed my number of ad providers from Default to Select Providers (only using 8). I am assuming this should work, but you never know.

Also, a screen capture would be neat to see how the dialog looks in game. Thanks in advance!

• construct.net/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/force-webgl1-135173/page-4

It should be working now in R111

The game I linked above was built with r111, and it starts to show on my older device, but freezes. So it no longer has the white or black screen, but it freezes once gameplay starts after the start screen.

I haven't tried enabling advanced features and disabling webgl yet though.

• The team at Enhance has been working hard to help developers get GDPR compliant.

Head over to our docs and read about how Enhance can help you get everything rolling so you don't have to worry about GDPR anymore : goo.gl/LUc3iD

• > construct.net/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/force-webgl1-135173/page-4

>

> It should be working now in R111

The game I linked above was built with r111, and it starts to show on my older device, but freezes. So it no longer has the white or black screen, but it freezes once gameplay starts after the start screen.

I haven't tried enabling advanced features and disabling webgl yet though.

Damn, you should try disabling WebGL alltogether then, last resort.

• Hi Nepeo, I have a few questions about this plugin I hope you can answer...

How does the Consent SDK determine if a user is an EU resident? Is it geo-location or something else? I haven't been able to find an answer in their support docs.

Also, what is required to show the consent dialog automatically? Here's my set-up on the loader layout. I am told it is not working for EU users. What am I missing?

I left the App ID out of the advert properties settings in left column because the game is built for iOS and Android. Hence why I am configuring in the events. But is the App ID required in the plugin settings for this to automatically show?

Also, is it possible to show the consent dialog to everyone? How can I do that?

• Im pretty sure its the MobileAdvert action "Configure" that is not working. At first i tried using that to configure and then use the event "On Configure Complete" but it did not work. The only way i got it to work is deleting all actions and events about configuration and just inputing all the data on the properties of the MobileAdvert object

• To get mine to work I did the following:

On the Mobile Advert plugin properties:

• fill in Application ID
    • fill in Publisher ID
    • fill in Privacy Policy URL

On the first page I want the ad to show:

• System > On start of layout > Mobile Advert > Configure: app ID "APP ID HERE", pub ID "PUB ID HERE" privacy policy URL "PRIVACY POLICY URL HERE", show purchase option false
    • System > On start of layout > Mobile Advert > Create banner advert "BANNER ID HERE" size: Smart portrait show: true

This makes the app automatically show the GDPR popup once the page loads. The user chooses to accept the cookies or not. If they want to change these settings I have a sprite to click on that opens up the GDPR settings popup again.

• Touch > On touched SPRITENAME > MobileAdvert > Show user consent dialogue

This all works fine on Android - obviously not on Apple because Scirra can't get it to work on iOS because because.

Hope this helps :)

• Im pretty sure its the MobileAdvert action "Configure" that is not working. At first i tried using that to configure and then use the event "On Configure Complete" but it did not work. The only way i got it to work is deleting all actions and events about configuration and just inputing all the data on the properties of the MobileAdvert object

That would make sense since the Mobile Advert properties are incomplete in my game and it is apparently not showing for EU players. Is your game only for Android?

If that is the case, then what do we do if we want to use the same project for both Android and iOS? It's not feasible to keep two identical projects with the only difference being Mobile Advert and ad ids set up for each platform.

And if this is the issue with the plugin not showing the dialog consent, then hopefully this is a bug and not intentional so it can be corrected.

I'd also still like to know how it determines when the dialog is shown and if we can show it to everyone. I am assuming other countries will follow suit and we'll have to do it for everyone, so might as well.

I'm hoping Nepeo can confirm the above and let me know about the other questions.

• To get mine to work I did the following:

On the Mobile Advert plugin properties:

• fill in Application ID
    • fill in Publisher ID
    • fill in Privacy Policy URL

On the first page I want the ad to show:

• System > On start of layout > Mobile Advert > Configure: app ID "APP ID HERE", pub ID "PUB ID HERE" privacy policy URL "PRIVACY POLICY URL HERE", show purchase option false
    • System > On start of layout > Mobile Advert > Create banner advert "BANNER ID HERE" size: Smart portrait show: true

This makes the app automatically show the GDPR popup once the page loads. The user chooses to accept the cookies or not. If they want to change these settings I have a sprite to click on that opens up the GDPR settings popup again.

• Touch > On touched SPRITENAME > MobileAdvert > Show user consent dialogue

This all works fine on Android - obviously not on Apple because Scirra can't get it to work on iOS because because.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the reply and setupdetails.

So like sachos345 you're setting up the Mobile Advert properties for only Android, correct?

Also, do you have "show ad free option" or "Show purchase option" enabled? I don't have a paid version of the game so I have it unchecked.

• Thanks for the reply and setupdetails.

So like sachos345 you're setting up the Mobile Advert properties for only Android, correct?

Also, do you have "show ad free option" or "Show purchase option" enabled? I don't have a paid version of the game so I have it unchecked.

I have Admob set up for both Android and iOS. I haven’t shown it above, but in my app I have the ‘Mobile Advert configure’ event branching for Android and iOS so I have both sets of App IDs in the event sheet. When I export I just change the App ID in the Mobile Advert property panel to match either Android or iOS then export for Android and change the App ID and export for iOS. Ideally there’d be two App ID text boxes so you could enter Android in one and iOS in the other.

I don’t have a ‘show ad free’ option as I don’t have a paid version available.

• > Im pretty sure its the MobileAdvert action "Configure" that is not working. At first i tried using that to configure and then use the event "On Configure Complete" but it did not work. The only way i got it to work is deleting all actions and events about configuration and just inputing all the data on the properties of the MobileAdvert object

That would make sense since the Mobile Advert properties are incomplete in my game and it is apparently not showing for EU players. Is your game only for Android?

If that is the case, then what do we do if we want to use the same project for both Android and iOS? It's not feasible to keep two identical projects with the only difference being Mobile Advert and ad ids set up for each platform.

And if this is the issue with the plugin not showing the dialog consent, then hopefully this is a bug and not intentional so it can be corrected.

I'd also still like to know how it determines when the dialog is shown and if we can show it to everyone. I am assuming other countries will follow suit and we'll have to do it for everyone, so might as well.

I'm hoping Nepeo can confirm the above and let me know about the other questions.

Yes, my games are Android only.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)