GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • Ah, OK, not a major concern then. LukeW - if you still think this is important please repost a suggestion specific to the AdMob plugin, your previous suggestion read like a general engine feature.

Okay, done. Hopefully this time it's a bit clearer.

construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-854

Cheers

• This GDPR thing does not even worked for me!!!.I tried every method on the above post but still didn't get my desired result(As in nothing happens!).I tried the games that made by the other developers with GDPR compliance on this discussion like sachos345 game,click the user consent and it work.(show the pop up).

It will be better if they have a proper tutorial on this and for the admob part also.I mean I have tons of question like "Do I need to publish the app first on the playstore(linking the admob)?."

The only solution I can come up is to not publish the app on the countries affected by this GDPR comliance.

• This GDPR thing does not even worked for me!!!.I tried every method on the above post but still didn't get my desired result(As in nothing happens!).I tried the games that made by the other developers with GDPR compliance on this discussion like sachos345 game,click the user consent and it work.(show the pop up).

It will be better if they have a proper tutorial on this and for the admob part also.I mean I have tons of question like "Do I need to publish the app first on the playstore(linking the admob)?."

The only solution I can come up is to not publish the app on the countries affected by this GDPR comliance.

Hi ihvan020 can you post a screenshot of your code to get the user consent to show up? And your Mobile Advert plugin settings, maybe i can help you!

• "Change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers"

This has been asked before but not sure if this is still relevant. I have it on default settings and when running my game I get a up the consent window. There I get a message saying:

"Learn how APPNAME and our 199 partners collect and use data"

What is the reason we should just pick 12? Would it break the display on ads, or is there another reason? Maybe this has just been upped to 200 instead of 12?

• The dialog that appears to ask for user consent is provided by Admob, and for awhile it could only display up to 12 providers. If you had more than 12 it would break, and your adverts wouldn't show. They removed the limit in one of the updates, but we didn't notice. 199 might be the number of providers in the list which you can pick from, I know there's a lot.

• Something has change probably. In the custom list i can pick from 902 providers. I have it set to default and it seems to pick random 200 of the list and the ads are being displayed, looks like it's not breaking it. Just using Test ads though, not sure if that matters.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you using the test advert unit ID's or are you using your own with test mode enabled? We generally suggest to do the latter, as the test unit ID's can give false positives about your your configuration being correct. Test mode actually verifies your unit ID's.

No idea what the 200 partners thing is about. Might be a side effect of using test ID's or that of the 900 providers only 200 are partners they share data with.

• Using my own with Test mode enabled.

I'm having it on default for the time being, at least until i finish alpha testing. Hoping that this will just work as is, if not I will just go back to the previous recommended... 12 selected..

• Nepeo

I know this is an old thread but it's also the most active one regarding mobile advert plugin and gdpr.

Just want to find out if the plugin currently detects countries properly? I want to setup my ads and was just testing with a simple prompt:

MobileAdvert: is in EAA or Unknown: Set compliance to 0

MobileAdvert: is not in EAA or Unknown: Set compliance to 1

I'm in Australia but it's always showing compliance as 0.

• Sorry to bump an old thread. I have a question about this.

How does everyone test the EEA User Consent Dialog on iOS?

Like, in MobileAdvert I have the location spoofed to be 'Inside EU'.

On Android this works. On first launch of game the app detects its inside EU and the User Consent Dialog can be shown. So I can easily test on Android that the User Consent Dialog displays at the right time, and that consent status gets set properly.

This doesnt happen when I test on iOS.

The condition MobileAdvert > Is In EEA or unknown never triggers.

Just wondering if spoofing location to be Inside EU works for others? Or is it a known issue that it doesnt work with iOS or something?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)