GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • What about

scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/ultimate-ads-3549

is that plugin working better than the official one?

• Yeah I bought that plugin a few months back but it seemed to be clashing with another plugin so I jibbed it. Just checked it now and it doesn’t have the GDPR compliance functionality. It does have individual input fields for both Android and iOS banner, interstitial and videos though.

• Update! The Construct crew is working on the Advert plugin... https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1780#issuecomment-411017979

• Great news KENYONB im waiting for more testing options

• Weeeell another weeks gone by without this being fixed nor the banner ads on iOS either.

• You should update manual page.

Some new Actions, Properties missed in manual page.

construct.net/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/mobile-advert

Nepeo

Ashley

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can anybody get the Consent Dialog to show for everyone? (as per the plugin properties setting?) I tried enabling show for everyone and it doesn't show for me in the US.

• Can anybody get the Consent Dialog to show for everyone? (as per the plugin properties setting?) I tried enabling show for everyone and it doesn't show for me in the US.

Neither the show to everyone or spoofing location to EU works for me, I'm in the US too. Only people I've heard about even getting the dialog to come up are in EU.

• I’m in the UK and the consent dialogue box always comes up, but the banner and interstitials display sporadically - sometimes they decide to show, sometimes they don’t.

• > Can anybody get the Consent Dialog to show for everyone? (as per the plugin properties setting?) I tried enabling show for everyone and it doesn't show for me in the US.

Neither the show to everyone or spoofing location to EU works for me, I'm in the US too. Only people I've heard about even getting the dialog to come up are in EU.

Thanks for confirming. I wish this would work.

Nepeo can you confirm if the "show for everyone" works for non EU users?

• I’m in the UK and the consent dialogue box always comes up, but the banner and interstitials display sporadically - sometimes they decide to show, sometimes they don’t.

sounds like the plugin is working, but the fill rate isn't 100%.

• > I’m in the UK and the consent dialogue box always comes up, but the banner and interstitials display sporadically - sometimes they decide to show, sometimes they don’t.

sounds like the plugin is working, but the fill rate isn't 100%.

But wouldn’t I’d have the same results on the Android version where both banners and interstitials always show? Or are fill rates for iOS and Android different?

• > > I’m in the UK and the consent dialogue box always comes up, but the banner and interstitials display sporadically - sometimes they decide to show, sometimes they don’t.

>

> sounds like the plugin is working, but the fill rate isn't 100%.

But wouldn’t I’d have the same results on the Android version where both banners and interstitials always show? Or are fill rates for iOS and Android different?

I bet it's different based on having a select number of ad providers. If you were using default settings and enabled ads to show from anyone/everyone it would probably be different. But I'm no expert.

• A few notes for people not following the github issue thread, here are some things that I have noticed.

- Ads would not show for me until I choose the custom providers list in the EU consent settings in Admob, the consent dialog will not show either if you are in the EU, I can't get the consent dialog to show even with the spoofing option, I'm located in the US.

- I load ads on my splash screen on MobileAdvert>Is configured, even though this always returns true, ads sometimes fail to load, I'd say about 50% of the time they fail to load. Checking if an ad has not been loaded, and reloading the ad on any layouts that show ads fixed the problem, ads load 100% of the time now with that extra check in place. Not sure what is causing ads to fail intermittently on Is Configured though.

• ...the consent dialog will not show either if you are in the EU

Just to weigh in on this - the consent dialogue DOES appear if you’re in the EU, at least it does for me. I have Is Configured on my splash screen and the consent dialogue appears every time I start up the game regardless of whether I’ve already accepted it earlier.

This works for me in regards to getting the Consent Form to pop up:

Going to try your work around for ads that don’t load now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)