GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • You can see my test project here, to use it you will have to replace the publisher ID and App ID with your own.

Also it is important that you change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers, otherwise it will fail to load the user consent dialog.

I'm intending to take a look into the iOS version again soon, along with location testing. If you find any replicable bugs please file a bug report on the GitHub tracker, you will get a response from me faster. Also it's hard work trying to understand bugs from forum posts.

Hi, can you export it to Construct 2? Thanks

• how i can open this file

• You open it in Construct 3, its not a Construct 2 file.

• How do you implement the privacy police url? Is there any template you can use? Do you need a lawyer for it?

• How do you implement the privacy police url? Is there any template you can use? Do you need a lawyer for it?

You need to write your own privacy policy as it applies to your game(s) and post it on your website or somewhere else that is publicly available. If you don't have a website, create a Wordpress.com website or something similar.

For the privacy policy, for instance, if your game uses Admob and also uses Chartboost or Google Analytics, you should disclose that information. And if you collect any personally identifiable information, what do you do with it? etc... there are lots of privacy policy templates and generators out there. The better ones cost money.

• > How do you implement the privacy police url? Is there any template you can use? Do you need a lawyer for it?

You need to write your own privacy policy as it applies to your game(s) and post it on your website or somewhere else that is publicly available. If you don't have a website, create a Wordpress.com website or something similar.

For the privacy policy, for instance, if your game uses Admob and also uses Chartboost or Google Analytics, you should disclose that information. And if you collect any personally identifiable information, what do you do with it? etc... there are lots of privacy policy templates and generators out there. The better ones cost money.

Thanks dude, i ended up using a generator and then tweaking it a bit to suit my needs. Hope all goes well!

• So is this thing working for iOS yet, or is that a stupid question?

• Is this supposed to automatically show the Consent dialog box if the player is in the EU?

I have the updated advert plugin added and setup in my game Ball Walker for Android (iOS waiting approval). Would someone in the EU mind downloading it and let me know if you see the user consent dialog automatically?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker&hl=en_US

• I installed it.

Sorry to say it doesn't work here in the u.k

• Is this supposed to automatically show the Consent dialog box if the player is in the EU?

I have the updated advert plugin added and setup in my game Ball Walker for Android (iOS waiting approval). Would someone in the EU mind downloading it and let me know if you see the user consent dialog automatically?

Just downloaded it on Android and I get the loading screen, the title screen with Play and How? Then the screen goes white and loads a banner add at the bottom then just hangs on a white screen.

• KENYONB

The game works on my Moto g6, but doesnt do the user consent stuff, the white screen could be related to the web2gl bug.

Your ads are working well, but maybe show them every 3rd or 4th go, because its super annoying too often.

• Also it is important that you change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers, otherwise it will fail to load the user consent dialog.

Nepeo According to Google's documentation, we should be able to use the default Commonly Used Providers or a Custom Set to be in compliance.

So is the dialog fail a limitation of the plugin not being able to handle more than 12 providers?

I had the App for a while and it was working good so I opened to try the Consent dialog box but it didn't show me, I thought maybe has to update so I uninstalled and installed it again but now it doesn't work the app it shows a white screen with the add at the bottom of the screen, the add you can see it but the Menu screen is totally white

I agree with sizcoz maybe every two or third will be less annoying showing the Adds to your customers keep in mind that you die quite a lot and quick, everything else looks great, good luck

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I installed it.

Sorry to say it doesn't work here in the u.k

Thanks for testing.

I noticed nepeo's comment re: not having more than 12 providers. I am using the default Commonly Used Set. I asked him if it is a limitation of the plugin or what.

https://www.construct.net/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/gdpr-mobile-advert-admob-compl-134920/page-5#forumPost945580

So not limiting my ad providers could very well be the reason why the consent is not showing. I'll need to do that then report back.

• > Is this supposed to automatically show the Consent dialog box if the player is in the EU?

>

> I have the updated advert plugin added and setup in my game Ball Walker for Android (iOS waiting approval). Would someone in the EU mind downloading it and let me know if you see the user consent dialog automatically?

>

> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker&hl=en_US

Just downloaded it on Android and I get the loading screen, the title screen with Play and How? Then the screen goes white and loads a banner add at the bottom then just hangs on a white screen.

thanks for testing. I also get the same results on my very old Nexus 10. What Android device are you using?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)