GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • KENYONB

The game works on my Moto g6, but doesnt do the user consent stuff, the white screen could be related to the web2gl bug.

Your ads are working well, but maybe show them every 3rd or 4th go, because its super annoying too often.

Thanks for testing.

Yeah, not sure about the white screen. I was exporting the game from C2 and building the signed APK with Cocoon.io, but I eventually ported the game to C3 and built the signed APK with C3. So C3 doesn't seem to be as reliable as Cocoon's Canvas+ export for older devices, or there is a bug somewhere. But it works perfectly fine on my Nexus 6 and Pixel XL. Is there a fix for the webgl bug?

And thanks for the input about the ads. I need to remove the banner (to improve gameplay) and only show the interstitial every 3rd fail.

• > Is this supposed to automatically show the Consent dialog box if the player is in the EU?

>

> I have the updated advert plugin added and setup in my game Ball Walker for Android (iOS waiting approval). Would someone in the EU mind downloading it and let me know if you see the user consent dialog automatically?

>

> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kenyonb.ballwalker&hl=en_US

I had the App for a while and it was working good so I opened to try the Consent dialog box but it didn't show me, I thought maybe has to update so I uninstalled and installed it again but now it doesn't work the app it shows a white screen with the add at the bottom of the screen, the add you can see it but the Menu screen is totally white

I agree with sizcoz maybe every two or third will be less annoying showing the Adds to your customers keep in mind that you die quite a lot and quick, everything else looks great, good luck

Thanks tarek2 for keeping the game on your phone!

What Android device are you using? I also get the white screen on my old Nexus 10, but it works on my Nexus 6 and Pixel XL. So I am not sure what is causing it.

Agreed. I think I am going to get rid of the banner and only show the interstitial every 3 fails.

Thanks again for playing and I'll report back once I think I have it fixed (and with less ads ;)

• > KENYONB

> The game works on my Moto g6, but doesnt do the user consent stuff, the white screen could be related to the web2gl bug.

> Your ads are working well, but maybe show them every 3rd or 4th go, because its super annoying too often.

Thanks for testing.

Yeah, not sure about the white screen. I was exporting the game from C2 and building the signed APK with Cocoon.io, but I eventually ported the game to C3 and built the signed APK with C3. So C3 doesn't seem to be as reliable as Cocoon's Canvas+ export for older devices, or there is a bug somewhere. But it works perfectly fine on my Nexus 6 and Pixel XL. Is there a fix for the webgl bug?

And thanks for the input about the ads. I need to remove the banner (to improve gameplay) and only show the interstitial every 3rd fail.

No worries, I think this is Ultra annoying that at the momment our games (c3 games) are unreliable on certain devices, it's probably related to this thread https://www.construct.net/wf/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/force-webgl1-135173?q=webgl2

Anyway, can you check on your older device and see if this game works ?https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.snakeinthegrass

We need a hotfix for this I suspect ( A toggle for webgl1), although I don't think It will be forthcoming.

Cheers in advance

• thanks for testing. I also get the same results on my very old Nexus 10. What Android device are you using?

No problem Mate

I tested in a Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Model- SM-T585

I also get the white screen on my old Nexus 10, but it works on my Nexus 6 and Pixel XL. So I am not sure what is causing it.

before I uninstalled today to test the consent your app was working great until today, I must have had the version from the first release that you released, that can give you some guidance to see which version has the problem with the white screen

• thanks for testing. I also get the same results on my very old Nexus 10. What Android device are you using?

A Moto C+ Pulse Max - about 6 months old.

• > > KENYONB

> > The game works on my Moto g6, but doesnt do the user consent stuff, the white screen could be related to the web2gl bug.

> > Your ads are working well, but maybe show them every 3rd or 4th go, because its super annoying too often.

>

> Thanks for testing.

>

> Yeah, not sure about the white screen. I was exporting the game from C2 and building the signed APK with Cocoon.io, but I eventually ported the game to C3 and built the signed APK with C3. So C3 doesn't seem to be as reliable as Cocoon's Canvas+ export for older devices, or there is a bug somewhere. But it works perfectly fine on my Nexus 6 and Pixel XL. Is there a fix for the webgl bug?

>

> And thanks for the input about the ads. I need to remove the banner (to improve gameplay) and only show the interstitial every 3rd fail.

No worries, I think this is Ultra annoying that at the momment our games (c3 games) are unreliable on certain devices, it's probably related to this thread https://www.construct.net/wf/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/force-webgl1-135173?q=webgl2

Anyway, can you check on your older device and see if this game works ?https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.snakeinthegrass

We need a hotfix for this I suspect ( A toggle for webgl1), although I don't think It will be forthcoming.

Cheers in advance

thanks sizcoz for the link to the webgl issue. I'll check that out to see if there is anything I can do (sounds like there isn't and it is a limitation of C3).

I tried to download your game on my Nexus 10 tablet, but it says the game is not compatible with my device. I tried on the device and on the web.

I downloaded and played on my Nexus 6 and it played great! Super smooth and graphics looked great. No glitches. Interstitial ad loaded after 2 or three sessions.

So possibly same issue as my game not being compatible on the older devices as you suggested with webgl. I hope there's a fix.

• > thanks for testing. I also get the same results on my very old Nexus 10. What Android device are you using?

No problem Mate

I tested in a Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Model- SM-T585

> I also get the white screen on my old Nexus 10, but it works on my Nexus 6 and Pixel XL. So I am not sure what is causing it.

>

before I uninstalled today to test the consent your app was working great until today, I must have had the version from the first release that you released, that can give you some guidance to see which version has the problem with the white screen

Thanks for the device info tarek2

I am sure the version that last worked on your device was exported from Cocoon.io. Their Canvas+ had good performance and worked on almost every device. But I switched everything to C3 in hopes that moving forward I can use one service to develop and build production.

• > thanks for testing. I also get the same results on my very old Nexus 10. What Android device are you using?

A Moto C+ Pulse Max - about 6 months old.

Thank you. This might help me figure out what is causing the issue.

• KENYONB

Thanks for trying, my apps only work on Android 6+

A problem device seems to be Samsung S7 so, If anybody's got a Samsung S7, I would like to know if it fails, with that.

Cheers in advance.

• C3 Beta 110 just released and that disables WebGL 2 for the time being that should fix any withe screen or transparent sprites problem, it was a bug with GPU drivers. I bypased it in my small apps by just disabling WebGL in the Project properties but i understand that is not a good solution for bigger apps.

Anyone from EU could try my app to see if the consent dialog is showing?

play.google.com/store/apps/details

From what i understand it should automatically show up since using the new version of the Mobile Advert Plugin right? Or do you actually need to put the action "Show consent dialog" On Start of Layout?

In the About screen i added the option to show it again whenever you want maybe you could try that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • C3 Beta 110 just released and that disables WebGL 2 for the time being that should fix any withe screen or transparent sprites problem, it was a bug with GPU drivers. I bypased it in my small apps by just disabling WebGL in the Project properties but i understand that is not a good solution for bigger apps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sachosdev.dig

From what i understand it should automatically show up since using the new version of the Mobile Advert Plugin right? Or do you actually need to put the action "Show consent dialog" On Start of Layout?

In the About screen i added the option to show it again whenever you want maybe you could try that.

It all works.

It showed the consent dialog at startup, for first time played.

Did you put >on start of layout< in the end ?

awesome. I'm going to give the new beta a try and see if it fixes the white screen.

as for the user consent dialog, did you reduce your number of ad providers to 12 or less in AdMob? or did you leave it at default?

• sizcoz It works? NICE, you dont know how happy you made me! Haha thanks for testing! I did not use "On Start of Layour -> Show Consent Dialog", it seems the dialog automatically shows when you use Mobile Advert, you dont need to do anything it seems. I used "Show Consent Dialog" action in the About page thought.

KENYONB Yes i did choose the custom list of Ad Providers in AdMob settings and selected only 12.

I tested the most recent beta and this did not solve the white screen for me. ANother app shows a black screen. so not sure this is a webgl issue... ?

• KENYONB Yes i did choose the custom list of Ad Providers in AdMob settings and selected only 12.

sachos345 awesome! thanks for confirming.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)