Stable update: redesigned Start Page, new Example Browser, new 3D features, and more!
Don't miss out on the latest and greatest new features in Construct 3
It's a new stable release of Construct 3! If you're updating from the last stable release r276, then this update includes changes from r277, r278, r278.2, r279, r280, r281, r282, r283, r284 and r284.2. Highlights include:
• A redesigned Start Page with a fresh appearance by our designer Paulo
• An all-new Example Browser providing a much better way to browse the hundreds of example projects included in Construct!
• Layers can now turn off a new interactive option so they don't respond to mouse or touch input
• A new Z axis scale project property allows using a consistent scale on all three axes, which is often useful with 3D Camera
• When using the new Regular Z axis scale, a new Field of view project property appears, allowing further customisation of the view when using 3D Camera
• Improved support for copy-pasting timelines between projects
• Also note the 'Scirra Arcade' export option has been renamed and rebranded as 'Construct Arcade', but it otherwise works the same
We'll be starting a new beta release update cycle soon. If you'd like to help test it, try the beta release opt-in: choose Notify me about updates for beta releases in Settings. Please note due to staff time off, the next beta release cycle will start in mid-March.
Let us know with a thumbs up!
The best feature is definitely the interactive layer option. Thank you for the update.
Great update! Your service is 100% worth the monthly subscription price. Keep up the great work!
Good stuff, as always! I do have to echo some other folks that the more useful things are the interactive layer toggle and better timeline copy/paste support. The 3D features are neat, but I'd rather see more generally useful features like prefabs, object default settings, user-defined variable types, etc.
that last part about making everything on a layer non-interactable with 1 bool is very powerful. way to bury the lead! 3D stuff is cool, but still not as important as the 2D stuff...
The new home page is very nice.
I'm excited to see next update !!
First thing I did: use the interactive layer. Thank you for this.
Yay Thank You!!! :D
Turning interactivity off is very handy, but to be honest, it's been already 4 years since I started using C3 and there's not a good way to create UI natively in construct, except for 3rd party addons of course. On every engine, this is a MUST! I hope you consider it seriously.