Stable release: nested timelines, Date object, cloud save improvements & more!
Don't miss out on the latest and greatest new features in Construct 3
It's a new stable release of Construct 3! If you're updating from the last stable release r197.2, then this update includes changes from r198, r199, r200, r201, r202, r203, r203.2 and r203.3. We're pleased to have reached the milestone of 200 releases! Highlights include:
• Use nested timelines in the Timelines bar
• A new Date object for managing dates and times
• Use shared folders in Cloud Save with Google Drive and OneDrive, plus support for more account types with OneDrive (e.g. OneDrive Business and Microsoft 365)
• More Tween options like scale, loop and ping-pong
• New settings for default project properties and more
• Lots more - see all the linked release notes above for full details!
We'll be starting a new beta release update cycle soon. If you'd like to help test it, try the beta release opt-in: choose Notify me about updates for beta releases in Settings. Stay tuned for more updates!
Let us know with a thumbs up!
I've just updated to the latest stable release (r204) and I'm trying to export for Android.
I do the usual Menu > Project > Export > Android (Cordova) > Choose Signed Release APK...
Then further down the interface I get to choose My Keystore and input Keystore Alias, Keystore Password but there's no box to input Keystore Key and so the build fails...
Am I missing something?
The build tool was actually ignoring the key password field, which was causing problems. So the field was removed.
I'm having the same issue.
Thanks for the awesome release :)
2 things regarding the Date Plugin:
1. I know that Day is index based (starting with 0 so 0-6) but I had to guess, since American calendars start on a Sunday, that 0 = Sunday, 1 = Monday ...
I think it would be very helpful to add this to the documentation.
2. Parse asks, according to the documentation, to input a valid date string. But nowhere is documented what a valid date string looks like(?) I figured by guessing that is seems to be MM.DD.YYYY separated by ".". If this is correct, adding this information to the documentation aswell would be helpful.
Keep up the amazing work with Construct!!! :)
Hello and thank you! This is very helpful!
I can't build an appbundle and not sure why. I'm eager to use adaptative icons but when I want to build a signed appbundle it asks for just one password instead of two. I'm reporting it as a bug I suppose? Thanks!
Still, I can't build. It might be related to the adaptative icon?
Here you have the build log.
Always defualt App icon is exported in apk. please check
Random Q - Does the Tween feature use GSAP?
No, everything relating to timelines and tweens is our own implementation.
you guys should add coin/currency system btw it would be very usefull
Browser action "is online" work fine on windows, but not work on android and ios, why?
I wouldn't use the "Is online" condition for anything. It's difficult to say categorically if the user is online or not, especially if their connectivity is patchy. Just attempt to do whatever you want to do that requires a connection, and handle any error if it fails.
Thanks as always - I prefer to use the local save as I can sort by date/name and find stuff - so in your copious free time lads..;-)
The scripting documentation doesn't seem to have the new plugin interface for the JSON plugin.
It can take a while to update all the documentation after a stable release. I just added it though: https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/scripting/scripting-reference/plugin-interfaces/json
thanks for release r204