AdMob SDK upgrade coming soon. Get ready to take advantage of new user metrics

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Ready to use construct 3 game template and release to mobile divice.
  • Did everyone receive this email the other day?

Do we know when it will be available and when it will be added to C3? The new user metrics sounds like a nice feature.

https://support.google.com/admob/answer/9263723

Tagged:

• I believe we're using version 16 of admob at the moment, we used to use the latest but there was a breaking change introduced in 17. So it got "temporarily" set to 16. It's been pending on my TODO list to make the plugin work with 17, and go back to always using the latest version. But there wasn't an urgent reason ( other than it not working I can't remember any notable changes ).

By the looks of it there isn't any steps other than use the latest SDK that we need to take. I'll update my TODO list and try to get around to it sooner rather than later.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sounds good Nepeo Looking forward to trying it out. Can you reply here after your add it to a beta version in car I miss it in the release notes?

• Added another item to my todo list to reply here when it's done! It will be at least a couple of weeks until I get a chance, but I will likely have a batch of high priority work to do around then as well... We'll see how things go.

• excellent. thank you.

• I've updated the construct-mobile-ads plugin to use the latest version of the Admob SDK. Due to requirements for the SDK changing it requires a C3 release so you should be able to see the change when the next release goes out. While I was at it I also added in a new condition for checking if the device is in the EEA.

• While I was at it I also added in a new condition for checking if the device is in the EEA.

Thank you!

• I've updated the construct-mobile-ads plugin to use the latest version of the Admob SDK. Due to requirements for the SDK changing it requires a C3 release so you should be able to see the change when the next release goes out. While I was at it I also added in a new condition for checking if the device is in the EEA.

Just to inform you, this has resolved my issue with the the Rewarded ads glitch on my moto g(6)

Nice one !

• While I was at it I also added in a new condition for checking if the device is in the EEA.

Hi Nepeo

I may be blind, but where is this condition? I can't see it in the adMob event list.

Cheers

• Hey sizcoz that's great news! I guess it included a fix for something.

LukeW The condition is in the next release.

• ahh yep, now I see it. Good one Nepeo :)

• Hi Nepeo

I tried uploading a version through Xcode just then using the latest build but it failed with the following two warnings (sorry about the pics, felt like it was the easiest way at the time while being on Mac):

• hmmm, not sure why the pics didn't load. Here's a link to hosted versions:

imgur.com/opjbH2K

imgur.com/JdgInSF

• Thanks for the feedback LukeW looks like a typo from a last minute change, I should be able to patch it with a maintenance update.

I'll take a proper look now.

• I've posted a new version to the build server that corrects this issue.

I've also rolled back a couple of versions of the admob SDK ( only on iOS ) as there's been some additional changes there which I didn't appreciate. Shouldn't cause any issues though.

I will make the changes to get compat. with the latest version, but it needs another C3 release. Given where we are at the moment it will likely have to wait a couple of weeks for the next beta cycle to start. If anyone really wants the latest version of the SDK then I can probably walk them through upgrading manually.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)