Google Play Games Services error

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Is anyone else having issues with Google Play Games services? I noticed in one of my games Runny Butt I cannot load the Leaderboards. I get the error "Hmm, something went wrong in Play Games"

In other games that I haven't played before, it hangs on login with the green circle just spinning.

I am assuming it is not just my game or the C3 plugin, but just want to check if it is happening with anybody else.

• As indicated in the How do I FAQ for Construct 3 :

Debug your APK - LINK

That will provide you with clues as to what may be happening.

• Thanks. I'll see what I can find debugging, but there was an issue definitely on Google's end regarding sign in. they released an update to Google Play Games app with bug fixes for sign-in issues.

For anybody reading this, can you try downloading my game, opening it and seeing if sign in works automatically? Curious to see if it works for anybody.

• I've downloaded, installed and played.

I saw no sign-in, but did not encounter an error screen like yours.

I was asked RGPD permissions in regards to ads, on start of the app.

During play, I saw the "Achievements" badge pop up in the top center of the screen at some point.

Nevertheless, at the end of play, clicking the Achievements or Leaderboards buttons did not seem to work.

I clicked the button and they went for an animation, but nothing changed and I stood on the end of run summary informations.

• Thanks for testing. You confirmed what I thought, the automatic sign-in to Google Play Games services is broken. When the game launches, it should sign you in automatically. If not, then an icon for Google Play Games appears for manual sign-in. Neither is working. It’s like the Games services isn’t being triggered anymore like it used to, but I haven’t changed my Google Play Games code since I got it working a while ago.

I also debugged the APK as per your instructions and saw no errors for Google Play Games services.

Nepeo has anything changed with the plugin? The game was working perfectly for months, then all the sudden, it won’t sign in. This could have happened after a Construct update and I just never noticed, or perhaps something on Google’s end? But again, I never changed my code related to this plugin so not sure why it would just stop working.

I also tried always showing the Google Play Games icon so I could manually sign in, but it fails after you select which account. It never shows the “Welcome” graphic with your alias like it used to. So now manual sign in isn't working.

Any ideas?

• Same here with my game. But oddly, the Google Play Services in your game works well here.

• Works fine on my end.

• Just fyi.

Google Play Games on android got an update on 13december.

”Fixed a bug which was causing sign-in issues” it said....

So maybe this update fixed (or broke) the thing...? (The games I have on my phone still works!)

Google play games v2019.11.14449

• Same here with my game. But oddly, the Google Play Services in your game works well here.

Renfd THanks for testing. Do you mean it automatically signed you into Google Play Services? or did it show the game controller icon prompting you to sign in?

Did it show your Play Services nickname and avatar upon completion?

were you able to load the Leaderboards?

It is still not signing me in.

Link me to your game and I'll test yours.

• Works fine on my end.

WackyToaster Thanks for testing. Did it automatically sign you into Play Services?

Were you able to load Leaderboards?

• Just fyi.

Google Play Games on android got an update on 13december.

”Fixed a bug which was causing sign-in issues” it said....

So maybe this update fixed (or broke) the thing...? (The games I have on my phone still works!)

Google play games v2019.11.14449

hey fredriksthlm I also got the Google Play Games update when it released and installed it and tested and still wasn't working properly with my game. Games I was playing before the update where I was already signed in were still working, but any new game I tried it wouldnt sign in. My game was failing to load Leaderboards, so I signed out then tried to sign back in but it wouldnt sign me in automatically nor when I tried to do it manually. I even erased cache and storage for the Games Play app and still nothing.

I'm wondering if this is just some random glitch with Google Play Games Services if it is working for some users and not others.

• Thanks for testing. Did it automatically sign you into Play Services?

Were you able to load Leaderboards?

Yes

Yes

Yes, achievements too

One thing I could note is that the game crashes on first startup upon downloading, but then works perfectly fine after that. Don´t know why that would be.

• > Thanks for testing. Did it automatically sign you into Play Services?

> Did it show your Play Services nickname and avatar upon completion?

> Were you able to load Leaderboards?

Yes

Yes

Yes, achievements too

One thing I could note is that the game crashes on first startup upon downloading, but then works perfectly fine after that. Don´t know why that would be.

wow, that's good to know it works like it is supposed to. I'm hoping it is just a glitch.

and thanks for letting me know about the crash on start. no idea what it could be as it has loaded fine every time on my device.

crash log in Google Play Console notes this:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

in dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass

Not sure what this means.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Same here with my game. But oddly, the Google Play Services in your game works well here.

Renfd THanks for testing. Do you mean it automatically signed you into Google Play Services? or did it show the game controller icon prompting you to sign in?

were you able to load the Leaderboards?

It is still not signing me in.

Link me to your game and I'll test yours.

The game signed me automatically.

Yes.

Yes.

I didn't released my game in production yet. But here is a internal app share link: play.google.com/apps/test/RQdhBkxC02k/ahAAvZMmiwopkIQBKoBb3L8h_QS_xKTQc4JVccvd7IpvO8dvhU13wfck6xeX-57P4w2qR3tz5k30ufgjZxMOpup6IW

• I don't we've changed anything which could cause issues. The login state is a little weird, and tends to be preserved across installs which doesn't help diagnosis. If a new user is able to download your game and login then I would say it's fine.

There's a pending update I've been meaning to look at which resolves a login state desync. It was briefly published but we ended up pulling it for further testing after a bug report came up for the new version. The change is a defensive one though, for a rare bug where a device had somehow ended up logged in without the app being aware of it.

KENYONB on the version you are testing is it a debug APK or did you download it from the store? As a reminder unless the APK is signed correctly you won't be able use the Google login.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)