The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

2 favourites
  • Wohoho. Have i seen your work?

Here's a thread with some screenshots:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=763886

• Just wanna say hey! to everyone here in the forums and hope my name becomes pretty familiar with everyone who comes here. I first found out about construct a while back when I personally thought it was still a bit too early to use. Now I'm finally giving it a go, trying to learn all I can with plans to create a full, well done metroid/megaman-ish platform game. I have lots of ideas I've drawn/written down on paper and once I become proficient with construct I'm going to get to work on the actual project. With that said, I hope some of you guys can help me with my learning construct and I will be more than happy to have people help me on my future project if your willing to be on my team. Heh...I know it may sound like I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm the type of person if i want something done I'll give my all to see it through!

Eclipsemod

• Welcome to the forums! Out of interest, where did you hear about Construct from?

Don't forget to give yourself the best shot at learning Construct well, try the tutorials, and read up on the Wiki documentation!

• And go through Deadeyes Platform Tutorial, probably the best learning resource for what you wanna do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello!

I'm your new friendly neighbour Eyeguy! Some people also call me with my real name Eero. I'm a 21 year old student from Finland. I've wanted to create awesome games since elem. school but never really got into coding. I know some Basic, C++ and now Construct!

I'm loving Construct more and more every second! Amazing work devs!

I'm currently working on a game of mixed genres and I ran into some trouble so I thought I'd ask for help on the forum. This is me saying "Hi!" before I run screaming into the help section ->

• Hello,

I'm systemofrm, from France, and I'm 15 years old.

I have a lot of gaming culture, especially in Retro-Gaming.

I found Construct one month ago, someone on ExperimentalGameplay gave the link so I clicked and discover that this free software was way better than MMF2 and Game Maker.

The first Gaming Engine is used was Rpg Maker 95, I was 9 year old.

My first game was made on Rpg Maker 2000, and my second with Game Maker 5, I was 11 years old.

After some tried with others game engines, I started to make a real game, for a Rpg Maker gaming competition, I finished the game in 6 monthes, It was a adventure game made with RM2003, it was nominated in 3 category, but I didn't win anything. I was 13 years old.

I made a demo for the second episode of this game, I inscripted It for the RpgMaker competition, and I'm waiting for the result.

Then I discovered Construct and I'm now trying to make a little experiment ( a shoot'em up ) with it.

Also ... I play guitar, I love Mangas, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Ice Tea, read books, draw, soad and ozzy osbourne.

That's all for me.

• Hello,

I'm systemofrm, from France, and I'm 15 years old.

I have a lot of gaming culture, especially in Retro-Gaming.

I found Construct one month ago, someone on ExperimentalGameplay gave the link so I clicked and discover that this free software was way better than MMF2 and Game Maker.

The first Gaming Engine is used was Rpg Maker 95, I was 9 year old.

My first game was made on Rpg Maker 2000, and my second with Game Maker 5, I was 11 years old.

After some tried with others game engines, I started to make a real game, for a Rpg Maker gaming competition, I finished the game in 6 monthes, It was a adventure game made with RM2003, it was nominated in 3 category, but I didn't win anything. I was 13 years old.

I made a demo for the second episode of this game, I inscripted It for the RpgMaker competition, and I'm waiting for the result.

Then I discovered Construct and I'm now trying to make a little experiment ( a shoot'em up ) with it.

Also ... I play guitar, I love Mangas, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Ice Tea, read books, draw, soad and ozzy osbourne.

That's all for me.

I see we have got same interest in some things, so we will defenetly have to have a chat some time. Welcome abroad.

• I'm just this guy. From the USA. 25 years old.

I finally tried Knytt Stories earlier this month. Then I was thinking about making a level for it, and browsed through the forums for the game.

I came upon the topic http://nifflas.ni2.se/forum/index.php?&topic=821.0 . Someone had asked about creating games, and one of the moderators mentioned Construct, as well as Game Maker, and Clickteam's programs. If I were a member of the forum there, I might thank him.

I'm glad I gave Construct a try. I have had some problems with it, quirks or bugs, an occasional crash, but it works most of the time, and is pretty easy to work with.

I've composed music for years for fun, in tracker formats (such as s3m and it). I have also dabbled in graphics. A little in making sound effects, as well.

I have messed with game creation programs before, but never made anything serious.

I started on a game engine of a sort using C/C++, but that was doomed. I was intimidated by properly implementing AI, level loading, and whatnot. Learning the proper ways to do it, finding the right tutorials or explanations. I was too intimidated by it.

What I have with Construct so far is far more advanced, and much easier to work with.

Well, other than being unable to turn on or off MOD music channels, but other than that, it's more advanced.

I've always had fun with old games. NES, SNES, Genesis, and whatnot. I still have some favorite old games. I may not have played them in a long time, but I have fond memories of them.

So, I have began to make my own platform game. It is coming along all right. I need to just keep working at it, and add more things.

• Hello guys.

Been lurking around here for a week now and decided to sign up. I've always wanted to make games but always give before getting anywhere, mainly due to my complete lack of artistic skills or complete lack of programming skills. Which thinking about it ain't a good combination for game making.

Anyway. Hello again. And expect questions. Lots of questions.

• Hi guys, and welcome!

Also yes, if you have questions, please ask them! That's what we are here for!

~Sol

• Hey everyone,

I'm been on the forums for a few weeks and figured I should introduce myself. I'm a male, 30's , been into game programming my whole life. I started on a TI-994A, if anyone remebers those, making old TI-Basic games. You could write your game program to a cassette tape and then play it from tape. The text-to-speech module of Construct reminds me of a big add-on to the TI computer that allowed the computer to speak to you. Just that construct's isn't a huge physical brick!.

I've tried game programming in C/C++, Java, Python, C# w/ XNA but I have a day job and this is just a hobby so too much time and programming it's just not fun. I have periods of work where I'm very busy and might not be on here much, but when I can I will drop by. I am not a graphics guy so any stuff I use will be free or something I get permission to use. I do really like making games and hope to make some good ones with Construct. Other things I enjoy are: chess, tennis, and hiking.

Good to meet you all!

• Hi! I'm Azazel, I'm a musician/programmer (mostly musician) from Las Vegas. If you have ever played the game Soldat, you've heard my work, as I composed the music for that game (so long ago).

My current project is a game with no title yet involving little 16 pixel low res characters blowing each other to pieces! It's still in a very early state of development, but when I get something interesting put together I'll throw some screenshots or an early build up so you can see where I'm going with this (It's a little more complex than my description might lead you to believe)!

As far as music goes, I tend to compose mostly metal/rock stuff. I play guitar, bass, and drums (sort of). If you want to hear some stuff I've done, the only place i can direct you to right now is my Newgrounds page, which is definitely not up to date, but has some music on it for you to listen to... It can be found at http://www.dgf-azazel.newgrounds.com. If you like it, I'm always interested in composing for people's projects, and I'm not limited to metal, although that's what I focus on personally.

I'm very happy with Construct, very very happy, It's one of the easiest, most feature packed programs of this type, and being free is just the icing on the cake. I'm certainly going to enjoy being a part of what appears to be a very helpful and fun community, and everyone should always feel free to PM me if you need music, or for anything at all! NICE TO MEET YA!

• Yo. I'm a lazy jobless 16-year-old with way too much free time. I've been interested in game making since I was little. I was making a game in RPG Maker VX, more specifically working on a custom battle system, when my data killed itself. Disheartened and unwilling to finish what I started, I've been hopping around game making programs for a while and happened upon Construct.

I really, really like it.

Even though I was working on an RPG, I really want to make a platformer. I'll probably end up making an RPG sometime in the distant future, though.

• Even though I was working on an RPG, I really want to make a platformer. I'll probably end up making an RPG sometime in the distant future, though.

RPG PLATFORMER!!

Welcome to the boards by the way

~Sol

• Hey. I go by Stargoat netside.

An Australian studying as an engineer, my real passion is lies in gaming. Growing up on the NES, SNES, games have always been highly interesting. Having wanted to get in to game development from an early age, I began dabbling around in game maker and C++... that didn't go very far.

Construct is attractive because of its easy, quick and intuitive style. Hopefully here I can find the motivation to actually make something.

While I enjoy all genres (to some extent), some favourite (non-indie?) games from over the years include System Shock 2, Super Mario Brothers 3, Starcraft, F-Zero, Super Metroid, Perfect Dark, Killer 7, Sin and Punishment, Space Quest, Super Monkey Ball 2, Jagged Alliance 2, Fallout, Layer Section and Radiant Silvergun... the list goes on.

Out of the mainstream, ADOM, Skyroads, Tapan Kaikki, Tango Strike, Happyland, Braid, Eternal Daughter, Cave Story, La Mulana, Return to Sector 9, Dwarf Fortress, and anything by Kenta Cho are just some of the games that have helped define, in my mind, what makes gaming awesome.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)