The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

• hi

• Hi, I'm some kind of desktop app programmer, after two decades I decided it's enough and turned myself into other direction: making small games. On the Internet I found a pile of apps and languages dedicated to this theme, but I think it's worthy to try Construct 2. I'm not sure how this process will go, so i decide to try free version, if I get some good results I'll upgrade my profile to higher level.

• Hi all. The name's Sam, I'm from South Africa. I'm a network and Infrastructure manager by day. By night I develop games as a hobby hoping it will turn into something more one day.

• I'm Finn i just downloaded the free version. i live in The Netherlands (Don't call us Holland!!! we don't like that)

i love gaming that's just something i love to do!!! i like shooting games or Thief games. and can you guys maybe give me some tips for this software? Thx!!!

• Greetings,

So happy to find such a great resource; I've already discovered so many unique and interesting projects through these forums that I felt it was time to start contributing to the community. My name is Kyle Preston.

I am a video game music composer; I've worked as the sound designer and score composer for two mobile games, one of which will be released very soon. My job was to write and create Chiptune 8-bit style music and effects, which I very-much enjoy, but my real passion is working on ambient/textural/cinematic music.

Favorite game is probably 'Limbo', or maybe 'Shadowgate' for NES. I love being inspired by great games and I really love the work involved in writing music for them. When I have a great project to work on, my face looks like this:

Really looking forward to contributing to the community. Cheers!

• Hello, I'm excited about the opportunity to create new games. I hope to keep the momentum going. How about everyone else?

• Hello guys! I am Iberian, game sound designer and composer. I uploaded my first music here. I am glad I find Scirra, it is very interesting for me. Wish you good luck in sales

• My 7 year old son is making games with this, so I figured I should learn too!!!

• Hey, I'm EthanD57, and I love to make games

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello all, my name is Rob and I am a Game Design and Development student. I was doing some research on different development platforms and IDEs when I found someone link to this in a comment. I just downloaded the free version at the moment, but I look forward to seeing what this has to offer.

Good luck to everyone in development!

• Hi! I am Marissa. I am an application developer looking to delve into creating games eventually in my spare time. I attended the webinar Microsoft had which spotlighted game design with Construct 2, so I came to try it out myself! I hope everyone is having a good time designing!

• Greetings! I'm Leigh, though I make games and blog as "Doctor Roboturtle." I was actually an early adopter, but wasn't able to find time to really dive in until recently, and made a new account. Anyway, I'm doing 1GAM to learn a little bit about game dev and game art.

• Привет, я Лёня, я хотел бы создать для себя игру

• Hello, my name is Overman. Is there a snitch emote on this forum? Oh well, this will have to do

I thank you all for accepting me into your kingdom! As you are well aware, I am the great Overman from the GMC, famous for slaying the terrible game makers Ultimortal and 2dcube. Two years ago, I fled my dying homeland as it was ravaged by the YYG staff, aided by moderators gone rogue. I did not leave without a fight, but even my valiant attempts to stave off xot were futile against the powers of chaos.

Many were lost, including the elder Alpha Man and my many comrades, Pounce and Commodore Swift among them... may their souls rest in peace. For years, I roamed the countryside, a derelict warrior with no home to fight for, and no forum that would accept me. Every night as I lay to sleep, the spirits of my fallen companions would haunt me, and anger coursed through my blood. I swore my revenge, though in those times, I was far too weak to do anything...

Recently, I decided to return to the GMC, disguised as Underman. What I saw shocked me to the core - a dying land, completely deprived of the bustling activity it had once known. Memories came back to me of the 2006 era, when new games were being posted daily, and threads would reach hundreds of pages... now, there was nothing remaining apart from the little kids in the Off Topic forum. My homeland was dead - what had I left to live for?

I sat alone for some time, brooding. I contemplated what was next. That was when a vision came over me - a strange, magnificent bird, playing a clarinet. It was the Faltzer bird.

"Why do you weep so?" the Faltzer bird said unto me. "The GMC died a long time ago - in June of 2009, when the great Overman was banned for the first time."

"Yes, but what am I to do now?"

"Heh," smirked the Faltzer bird, "you must look to the future of game making. You, who were once the most innovative of all designers, you, who single-handedly slayed the faux-retro and unoriginal creations of Cactus - you alone can redefine the world of game making."

The Faltzer bird flew away, and I was left pondering. Slowly, a realization dawned upon me. Indeed, the future of game making lay not in Game Maker, but in Construct 2! I made my way over here, not sleeping for many days, my mind brimming with visions of the games to come. Yes, my ideas are numerous... a storm is coming, my friends. The Perfect Storm of games.

Hello, Construct 2 forums.

• how are you i m new in this forum

i m jbran

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 6 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 6 guests)