How do I rotate/mirror a tile in the tile brush editor?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • I feel like I must be missing something obvious. I recently discovered that you can tell construct to place tiles using the tilemap paintbrush during runtime. Great! I could replace my tedious code that handles this for me when building procedural dungeons.

Or it would be great if I could just mirror/rotate the tiles in the brush editor, but I can't find that. Is it just not possible, or am I missing something? Is the intended solution to have duplicate tiles that are mirrored/rotated in-image for this situation?

EDIT: Accidentally posted this in the C2 forum,reposted here after deleting original topic.

• At the moment the brush editor is only meant to setup auto tiling brushes. You can't rotate tiles.

Never thought about rotating tiles in the brush editor, I guess it would make it slightly more flexible. In the mean time the tileset should contain all the variations for each tile.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DiegoM hrm, that's disappointing. I guess my confusion here mostly comes from the fact that these tools exist in the tilemap plugin, just not in the brush editor, it seems like it would just be a part of both.

It's a bit counterintuitive that a tool meant to speed up tilemapping would be missing features that can be reproduced manually. Would really like to see this feature added in the future since the tile brush has a lot of wonderful functionality otherwise.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)