Spine plugin update

9 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • A bit of feedback:

When i set a custom skin "on start of layout" it does not work at all. i have to wait at least 0.9 seconds for the skin to be set. seems to be a bit of a strange behavior :(

Ill experiment a bit more with it...

Kind regards

Patrick

Update: I realized i can use "on sceleton loaded" as a trigger to set the skin asap :)

• Yup you figured it out, nice work. Basically do not do any spine specific ACEs until the skeleton is loaded (there is a trigger and a boolean condition).When you are just getting started with this addon, I also recommend clicking the debug property and keep the dev console open to watch for warnings or errors.

• Alright, thanks :)

I have another quick question: I use the Scale Property together with keep aspect ratio which works great. However as there are no image points its a bit hard to place everything. Also, and this is important, it seems i cant modify the scale property from the event sheet. Is this correct, or do i miss something? Sometimes i create another spine object and i want it to be smaller than the other ones, so it would be nice if i could manipulate the scale :)

Kind regards

Patrick

Alright, thanks :)

I have another quick question: I use the Scale Property together with keep aspect ratio which works great. However as there are no image points its a bit hard to place everything. Also, and this is important, it seems i cant modify the scale property from the event sheet. Is this correct, or do i miss something? Sometimes i create another spine object and i want it to be smaller than the other ones, so it would be nice if i could manipulate the scale :)

Kind regards

Patrick

Update: Another question, another solution: One can pin the object to another one with size angle and scale, this actually seems to resize the object :) However it seems that the origin of my spine object is not the center it seems like "moving arround" when you scale it, which is a bit strange.... it scales in another speed than the rest...

Unfortunatly the privatemessagefunction seems to be gone, so i am posting this here: Mikal

When i donate i get an error page afterwards from git:

File not found

The site configured at this address does not contain the requested file.

If this is your site, make sure that the filename case matches the URL.

For root URLs (like example.com/) you must provide an index.html file.

Read the full documentation for more information about using GitHub Pages.

• Ok, i tryed for a few hours now and was able to figure out the most stuff. Anyways, i cant get it to work properly, the problem was described before in this thread: Is there anyway to modify the scale within the object frame?

i mean it would make a lot of sense to at least be able to set it when the object is created?

My workarround would be that i set the scale beforehand but then i have trouble centering the image...

• I generally set scale to '1' and do not set aspect ratio, this feature was added by another developer and for me it does not work w/ my workflow.

I use the normal ACEs for width and height to control the size of the Spine object when displayed at runtime. So, I do not need to control scale at runtime.

If you find issues with setting scale to '1' and the image/character is clipping when animating, I add a transparent box in the Spine editor behind the character (use a small 10x10 pixel image as texture and stretch it cover the range of the animation in the Spine editor. Also center your character with that transparent box.) The size of this box defines the area that will be rendered, so make sure it's big enough to cover the range of animation.

On the plugin web page I note this "Alternatively create a large transparent image in the Spine project behind your Spine character, this will can be used to set the bounding box size fot the C3 spine render." I think I'll elevate that to the recommended way rather than an alternate. Good luck with your work.

• dear mikal SpineBBoxCenterX and SpineBBoxCenterY IS not accuracy if spine is fliped。。。。。

• Thanks for the report, will review this and I filed the issue: github.com/gritsenko/c3_spine_plugin/issues/47

• dear mikal ,Is it possible to set constraint properties dynamically, such as setting the blending degree of constraint to switch between 100 and 0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • wertt22, which blending degree do you mean by blending constraint? Can you please point to a Spine web page describing what you would like to change?

Also - I think you probably already know - bone control and mirror flip have been released in the plugin.

• Updates!

Bone control ACEs:

Recent updates:

- 1.36.1 setTracksListner guard clause (do not crash if skeleton is not initialized or removed.)

- 1.36.0 Init refactor (internal clean up)

- 1.35.0 Fix current time event regression, no apply() in setAnimation (save some CPU)

- 1.34.2 Fix bbox ACEs w/ flipped animation

- 1.34.1 bone control optimization, repeated init bug fix.

- 1.34.0 Add ACE for render quality control

- 1.33.1 Add render once for Bone control actions

- 1.33.0 Bonce control Conditions and Expressions

- 1.32.0 Bone control Actions

- 1.31.0 Add gl parameter cache for future optimization to not get gl state parameters every tick.

- 1.30.1 Disable idle animation updates (via debug variable control, set 'reduceAnimation' to 'enable'.

- 1.27.3 Correct idle and offscreen detection

• Mikal Bone control! That's fantastic, thank you so much for your ongoing development of this addon.

Do you have a sample project of how exactly you're doing the bone control? I gave it a quick try but unfortunately couldn't get it to work correctly.

• You are welcome! See the plugin page for a new project I just added for bone control.

• wertt22, which blending degree do you mean by blending constraint? Can you please point to a Spine web page describing what you would like to change?

Also - I think you probably already know - bone control and mirror flip have been released in the plugin.

dear mikal ,Thank you very much for your work, bone Ctrl action is real cool,and i add my bone ctrl action to plugin,and They are not in conflict。

To fully control the bone, you also need to set the mix of the constraint。。。If the mix of the constraint can be set to 100, the bone cannot be controlled. When we change the mix to 0, the bone can be controlled again。

• Sorry guys but how does it work in construct3? the same way than with the spriter pluggin?

• You are welcome! See the plugin page for a new project I just added for bone control.

Thanks a lot Mikal! Gave it a quick look but I guess I'll need to give it some more time later to understand how you're translating the bone position to a layout position so you can set the bone to the mouse position.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)