Spine plugin update

9 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • GeoffB In the Spine program, try adding a Spine bounding box (rectangle) in the Spine project with a name you will remember. Make it small and attach it to the appropriate Spine bone, centered on where you want to pin the C3 Sprite.

Then, in C3, use the C3 Spine object bbox expressions to find the x,y location and move your C3 sprite to that location, read more details here (check out the notes on update location also):

github.com/MikalDev/c3_spine_plugin

• Ah, Thanks! I'm still trying to get my head around Spine's terminology, this is a big help :)

• More updates, details on github

1.48.0 Scripting interface for Apply slot colors, scripting interface for addCustomSkinOutfit (quickly update custom skin from object)

1.47.5 Make compatible with ProUI plugin for scroll lists

1.47.3 Add bounding box override checkbox (can set bounding box in property, no need for transparent bounding box)

1.46.0 More animation scripting interfaces

1.45.0 Animation scripting interfaces

1.44.0 Palette loading optimization (if only a few palette entries need an update, just update those areas of the palette texture, otherwise update the entire palette texture.)

• Spine does not work if Web Workers is enabled

drive.google.com/file/d/1wM0OH1siY1a4sxDRZeVSuVHX6c6gd1RM/view

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, they broke that in an update of the Spine runtime. I think I saw they might have fixed it later, I will take a look, thanks for the reminder.

• Fix for worker mode now released.

github.com/gritsenko/c3_spine_plugin/releases/tag/1.50.2

• Thank you for developing this plugin and look forward to its 4.0JSON support

• Good night, I was wondering where I can find tutorials to export and import animations for construct 3.

I've already looked and tried to do it on my own, but without success.

• I agree with ThereBits that there should be some short tutorial videos showing exactly how to use this plugin. I've been scratching my head over this one. I downloaded the example projects and tried to replicate things with my own spine files but couldn't make anything appear. My project just keeps getting heavier and heavier week by week due to the amount of frames and animations I gotta store as sprite objects.

Hope you guys can make some basic step by step tutorials

• Make sure you are using 3.8 output and if you still have problems, send me a link to a small test project with your Spine model instantiated in it and I'll take a look. I am not up to make step by step tutorials, but perhaps another user will do it.

Also, don't forget to look at dev console for any errors.

• Mikal Tell me why I can't insert a project into c3 from the store construct.net/en/game-assets/animations/stickman-fighter-spine-2d-627

At the same time, I export projects from examples and everything works out, perhaps they raised the topic somewhere, I did not find

• Mikal Tell me why I can't insert a project into c3 from the store construct.net/en/game-assets/animations/stickman-fighter-spine-2d-627

At the same time, I export projects from examples and everything works out, perhaps they raised the topic somewhere, I did not find

• Do you know what version of the Spine those files? They need to be 3.8 (There is a converter on the github if they are earlier versions.) Also, they cannot be 4.0.

I think we are connected on Discord, if you can DM me a simple project with the files Spine png, json and atlas, I can also test on my side.

• I am using Spine 3.8.75 and here's my export settings:

And here's how I tried importing it into construct

drive.google.com/file/d/1bMQ69jO4RCYb8kpmgvbpPtj9x91z3Xn2/view

Thank you Mikal for keeping this updated!

When this works for me, it will significantly lighten my game as heavy graphics are my only problem right now.

• Do not use 3.8.75 it has some compatibility problems with the spine-ts runtime (from esoteric software), use a later version of Spine. Also on property leave 'skeleton' blank, if there is only 1 skeleton in your file.

Also for debug, always check the dev console for errors at runtime, there is an error there that says to use a later version of Spine.

Good luck!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)