Spine plugin update

9 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Quick response (not all is fixed yet).

The atlas name is not correct (the C3 project file is listed as sailor.atlas.txt, not sailor.atlas).

Not all done yet though, now texture size is not correct, might be a power of 2 issue, looking at the Spine export options now.

• dear mikal,thanks for u work for construct,Is it possible to use a program to control the rotation of the bones, or set the physical behavior to the bones separately, and set joint, such as creating a ragdoll effect

• Ah, the 'default' skin has no bones, so the size is 0x0, which is an issue. I am going to file a bug to the project to detect this case and issue a warning.

Use skin_01 instead of default.

Updated working project:

sendgb.com/C0lh16aFsiT

Very cute animation and character, looks like fun!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • wertt22 Right now it is not with the C3 Spine plugin. If you see something on the Spine website describing something like that, point me at it and I'll take a look.

• wertt22 Right now it is not with the C3 Spine plugin. If you see something on the Spine website describing something like that, point me at it and I'll take a look.

ok i find a code about IT on u3d

var bone = skeletonMecanim.Skeleton.FindBone("bone01");

bone.X += 0.01f;

• Ah, I see what you are looking for now. I am looking at moving just a bone, it would be an override from the current animation. This is also needed for some of the animations like the aim animation. I will probably work on something like that in the next couple of weeks.

• Ah, I see what you are looking for now. I am looking at moving just a bone, it would be an override from the current animation. This is also needed for some of the animations like the aim animation. I will probably work on something like that in the next couple of weeks.

yes we can make player or enemy attack with angle and position we need thanks for u work,c3 is powerful my game is translateing to c3

• Mikal Thank you! That´s great. Spine is such a nice program and you make me very happy to combine it with construct!!

Just for understanding: Do you have to work with skins in the spine project?

Because often the skins are not necessary.

• Skins are not required, I think if your default setup had all the bones in it, it would have been fine to just use 'default'.

• Release 1.23.0 Disable render to texture when offscreen (saves perf), animation continues for events, etc.

211 Spine objects off screen (usually 30%+ CPU utilization when on screen.)

• Release 1.23.0 Disable render to texture when offscreen (saves perf), animation continues for events, etc.

211 Spine objects off screen (usually 30%+ CPU utilization when on screen.)

nice!👍

• Hello! I read through this thread and downloaded / tested your bounding box mesh project, pretty cool!

I was wondering if you could give recommendation one way or the other on Spriter Pro vs. Spine. I primarily develop in Construct 3 and I am a bit at a loss which will serve me better. Obviously Spine costs more but also may be the better tool to pick to start learning on? I also tinker with Unity but spend most my time in Construct. Looks like your plugin is fairly far along for Spine while there appears to be a "complete" plugin for Spriter Pro. Just looking to learn more about animation and want to start in a solid tool. Looks like Spriter 2 isn't "too far" out from being available also. What are your thoughts of someone using Spine and Construct 3? What made you go this route vs. using Spriter Pro?

Thanks for any insights you can offer!

Cheers

• Hello! I read through this thread and downloaded / tested your bounding box mesh project, pretty cool!

I was wondering if you could give recommendation one way or the other on Spriter Pro vs. Spine. I primarily develop in Construct 3 and I am a bit at a loss which will serve me better. Obviously Spine costs more but also may be the better tool to pick to start learning on? I also tinker with Unity but spend most my time in Construct. Looks like your plugin is fairly far along for Spine while there appears to be a "complete" plugin for Spriter Pro. Just looking to learn more about animation and want to start in a solid tool. Looks like Spriter 2 isn't "too far" out from being available also. What are your thoughts of someone using Spine and Construct 3? What made you go this route vs. using Spriter Pro?

Thanks for any insights you can offer!

Cheers

Both of these software are very good. Mikal hopes that we can make better games. There are too few plug-in developers for construct3. We need to make good games to attract more developers.

• FoozleCC I don’t really have a recommendation between the two, I have both, but I mainly use/license premade Spine models.

I was originally attracted to Spine’s mesh deform, but Spriter 2 (in beta still?) has that coming too (though not yet in the C3 plug-in?)

I suggest starting a separate thread for this discussion, I would like to keep this thread focused on the Spine plugin. Good luck with your dev work and decision!

• If your goal is to use anything mesh related, the answer is going to be Spine.

Spriter 2 is still in alpha and will be supporting unity before C3. Spriter 2 is looking VERY promising and if you have the money you should support it. However, If you're aiming to make something right now Spine 2d is the only actual option.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)