Spine plugin update

9 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Thanks for the replies! Per the suggestion though I will let this drop so this thread can stay focused on the plug-in :) cheers!

• dear mikcal

I know that there seems to be no API to control the rotation of the bone. I added only one bone and an animation, and only rotated the bone by one angle. I checked the JSON file and found the following code on img: can we set the set animation with parameter (angle), we can set a string variable = JSON code , and then transfer the parameter angle to load the animation. In this way, we can transfer different angles to achieve the purpose of controlling the skeleton by the program

• wertt22 Thanks for looking at this and your interest in this plugin. I have found ways to control the bones via Spine API, but they get reset by animation updates / ticks.

So, I need to create a system to reset the bones to the 'override' setting after each animation update. It's definitely doable, so I will look into it, but I don't have a schedule for it right now.

Your idea is interesting, but Spine only reads the JSON once on initialization, so changes to the JSON after a skeleton is loaded will not have effect.

• wertt22 Thanks for looking at this and your interest in this plugin. I have found ways to control the bones via Spine API, but they get reset by animation updates / ticks.

So, I need to create a system to reset the bones to the 'override' setting after each animation update. It's definitely doable, so I will look into it, but I don't have a schedule for it right now.

Your idea is interesting, but Spine only reads the JSON once on initialization, so changes to the JSON after a skeleton is loaded will not have effect.

dear mikal ,thanks for your hard work!i found their a way load animation only with animation code by lua, perhaps IT could use for spine webgl

local spineAnim = cc.SpineAnimation_new:createWithFileName("role/tn_zt/tn_zt.json","role/tn_zt/tn_zt.atlas")--

self._sprite3d = cc.SpineAnimation_new:createWithSkeletonAnimation(spineAnim)--

self:addChild(self._sprite3d)--

self._sprite3d:setPosition(200,200)

the tn_zt.json is new code for only animation code ,perhaps we can read the origin animation code and edit the angle then load it

one more suggest ,on 3dengine animation translate to ragdoll State, it should be set up two components, an animation component, a ragdoll component, and switch between them, perhaps wecan set a Empty animation Used alone to control the rotation and movement of bones like ragdoll

• i had read spine webgl code ,and i can.t find the api to change bone position and angle alone,there a function called updateworldtransform can update all bone , how can you find the api Ctrl bone alone.....did you edit this function so you can do it?

• Here's the api I am going to start with:

esotericsoftware.com/spine-api-reference (set worldX, worldY, etc.)

en.esotericsoftware.com/forum/Setting-Bone-Positions-During-Runtime-13890

I think that's all the info I need to add an ACE to control bone position. It's on my list to do, but I have not scheduled time for it yet.

Also FYI, I am using the spine-ts runtime with this plugin.

• Here's the api I am going to start with:

http://esotericsoftware.com/spine-api-reference#Bone (set worldX, worldY, etc.)

http://en.esotericsoftware.com/forum/Setting-Bone-Positions-During-Runtime-13890

I think that's all the info I need to add an ACE to control bone position. It's on my list to do, but I have not scheduled time for it yet.

Also FYI, I am using the spine-ts runtime with this plugin.

thanks looks real hard ,need many time

• Releases:

• 1.26.1 Return w/o JS error from Expression/Conditions if skeleton not loaded.
    • 1.26.0 Add per instance debug enable ACE, return w/o JS error from Actions if skeleton not loaded.
  • Releases:

• 1.26.1 Return w/o JS error from Expression/Conditions if skeleton not loaded.
    • 1.26.0 Add per instance debug enable ACE, return w/o JS error from Actions if skeleton not loaded.

Getting better and better, come on, we will be able to make good games

• Hey, and first of all thank you for making this plugin! It might actually be THE reason for me to switch over to C3 as i am still developing in C2 haha :D So i tested arround with the free version a bit but i am also relativly new to spine, so quick question:

Is it possible to set a single "layer" of the animation to invisible? Or do i have to use skins for this? ( i dont know how to use skins yet) As an example: The hero wears an armor when he finds it, under that its just a shirt. So do i have to use a skin for the body or can i set the armor to invisible till he finds it (as the armor is also animated)

Patrick

• Hi! Thanks for checking it out. I suggest asking this question over on the Spine forums, I think they'll have better answers. My experience is you would be changing skins, you can look at the MixAndMatch example listed in the Spine plugin page up top.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ohhh i get it now at least partitially, thanks, thats basically what i am looking for :)

I heared that there is actually something called "spine slots" and that they eventually can be toggled on and off? Maybe this is the way to go, does the plugin supports this? If not i will go for skins, as i could just make an empty skin for an object if it is not there.

Thanks again and kind regards

Patrick

• The plugin focuses on using skins for this type of variation. See the top part of the page for info on skins, also see and try the mix and match example C3 project on the C3 Spine plugin page.

en.esotericsoftware.com/spine-examples-mix-and-match

Do you have any example art to share - to show what you are animating It's always interesting to me to see what people are doing with this type of plugin!

• No examples yet, sorry, only thing that i can say is, that its used as a background picture and we are working a lot with mesh deforming and now skins :) ill send you a message when its done if you are interested and i still remember haha :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)