We need a Nintendo Switch port of Construct>>>We are behind scheduled !!!

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
Be discreet and rescue your friends from behind enemy lines.

Why we are not having a Nintendo Switch port of Construct>>> We already need one cause we are behind scheduled compare to other game engines of 2d games !!! Lets make Construct great again !!!

yoyogames.com/blog/484/nintendo-switch-now-available

I think you still need to create your games using a PC/Tablet/Phone, even with their software. The license you are referring to appears to be a license to publish games for consoles, it doesn't look like it's got anything to do with purchasing a game making program you can use on consoles.

All I can say its that I created a game for the WiiU using Construct 2 then why can't I created another game using Construct 3 on the Nintendo Switch !?!??

Although I do not agree with how OP formulates their demands (see the other locked topic) allow me to jump on this particular ship.

We are releasing our first game next week on Steam under the name "Puppy Cross". I'll create a little topic then to promote it, we are beyond excited :D

We really want to port the game on the Nintendo Switch though, and as OP said, the absence of Switch support from Construct is quite regrettable. Is there anything planned at all regarding this shortcoming in the future? The Switch is no questions asked the hottest indie game console platform these days.

Is it a HTML5 problem or something ?

Yet, I have heard some companies were specialized in porting games from Construct / Clickteam Fusion to the Switch. If there's no plan to be able to export native Switch projects, at least is it possible to create a sort of "Roundup" or Manual Page to explain the steps that need to be taken to go the port-way, and maybe curate a list of reliable port-companies?

Thanks everyone

Nintendo don't currently support HTML5 games on Switch. They did on Wii U, but did not carry support over to the Switch. This makes it much more difficult for us to support the Switch. You should ask Nintendo for HTML5 games support, since if they add that we can add support directly. The technology is mature and sophisticated now and it's perfectly capable of running impressive games. In the mean time there are third-party porting companies that can convert your game to console platforms, but being third-party companies we can't make any guarantees about how that will work for you.

I'd add we have long supported publishing to Xbox One, since it supports HTML5 games directly.

Thanks for your quick answer. I can't realistically ask Nintendo myself since I have basically no power over them and am yet to publish a game on a Nintendo console. I would have thought Scirra would be better positioned to do so than developers, but maybe not.

Regarding the third-party companies, I don't suggest you endorse any one in particular, but if you were say to create a space where it is easier to access a list of these companies and how to establish contact with them, it would help tremendously. Maybe a simple forum topic dedicated to this would do the trick.

Right now it kinda feels like porting on the Switch is a bizarre thing and you need to search for contacts on the dark-web to achieve it (kidding of course) since it's not mentioned anywhere officially :3

The only topic on the subject I found is the one of Chowdren, I don't know if they're alone on the market or not.

Hey, I've got no knowledge on the topic of porting games, but if there's no suggested list you can of course always do research on the interwebs. And ofcourse ask around on the forums, here, or perhaps even on Gamedev, or html5gamedevs. Steam Construct forums or on Reddit.

Well, if you hadn't thought of it already of course, I just mean to say that it helps to see what people recommend which company, and most importantly why, or why not! Best of luck.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I would have thought Scirra would be better positioned to do so than developers, but maybe not.

We've asked, and to no avail. I don't think we have any more leverage than a game developer. I think the most likely way they will change their minds is if loads of game developers are asking them about it, which is why I suggest that everyone interested in this asks Nintendo.

Haha sure that is what I am going to do, it is just that overall as a construct user you very often feel like you're "reinventing the wheel". This is the case here since I'm sure I'm not the first one looking into porting a game to the Switch ^^

If anyone has any experience on the topic, any feedback would be appreciated.

Right now the only third-company I've found that provides this service is M2P Games, with Chowdren. They do have their own topic. But I don't know if there are more of them around.

When I feel confident enough maybe I'll end up creating such a Roundup topic myself.

We've asked, and to no avail. I don't think we have any more leverage than a game developer. I think the most likely way they will change their minds is if loads of game developers are asking them about it, which is why I suggest that everyone interested in this asks Nintendo.

I understand. I'll try to ask myself as soon as it feels right, to weigh in a little.

Ashley, what if you create a sort of petition that might be signed by developers? you'll might get the load you need.

I'm not sure it is the right place to start from but what about Avaaz?

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/start_a_petition

A petition-like grouping seems like a very good idea. It would be more impactful than single developers asking around and being immediately forgotten. It would show how many developers are actually interested.

Worst case scenario there aren't enough of them but at least the situation would be settled.

Either that or a survey sent to every Construct 3 user.

"Would you like the possibility to export a game for the Nintendo Switch?"

Then with a figure in hand it's easier to have another meeting with Nintendo.

Ashley, what if you create a sort of petition that might be signed by developers? you'll might get the load you need.

I'm not sure it is the right place to start from but what about Avaaz?

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/start_a_petition

You mean, like this? construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/petition-bring-html5construct-133006

In that thread, WackyToaster got a response from Nintendo about their position on html5 games, here... construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/petition-bring-html5construct-133006/page-3

Granted, that response was well over a year ago. Who knows...maybe Nintendo changed their stance since then.

Thank you Lancifer for digging that up :)

Well it seems mostly set in stone then.

I will keep gathering information about third-party porting companies but I'll go to the Chowdren topic to do so.

Let me quote again the petition so everyone want give some help need just to click here:

Please help C3 and C2 community to ask Nintendo to support Construct:

http://chng.it/tFKdBgRvGZ

Just click and follow the instructions.

thanks

This is becoming a major issue for me too. I'm constantly getting requests on Twitter to bring my game to the Switch, and it's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a way. (I reached out to the Chowdren people a year or so ago for porting help, and they told me they were too busy).

So now I'm in the frustrating position of having a game that would be great for the Switch, and Switch owners are telling me they would buy, but I seemingly can't proceed because I made my game with the wrong editor.

I love Construct, but the way I see it this is gonna have to be the last commercial game I make with it. If you can't use it to release on all the major platforms, what use is it really? Disappointing :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)