Hi everyone! Mathias from MP2 Games here.
I'm happy to announce that there is now support for Construct 2/3 in Chowdren.
Chowdren is a blazingly fast runtime for Construct. It supports
- Desktop: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Consoles: Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series X/S
- Mobile: Android, iOS
- Web: HTML5 (Emscripten)
Chowdren automatically translates your events to C++, and uses a C++ runtime.
This means that you can expect significant speedups when using Chowdren for your game.
Chowdren also optimizes for several common usecases. An example of this is the use of the Function plugin, where "On function" directly translates to a function in C++.
Chowdren has been used for several games, such as
- Astral Ascent (Construct 3, PC & consoles)
- Mighty Goose (Construct 3, PC & consoles)
- Cyber Shadow (Construct 2, Nintendo Switch/PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Iconoclasts (Construct Classic, Nintendo Switch/PS4/PS Vita/Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Petal Crash (Construct 3, Nintendo Switch/PS4/Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Baba Is You (Clickteam Fusion, Windows/Mac/Linux/Nintendo Switch)
- Freedom Planet (Clickteam Fusion, Nintendo Switch/PS4/Wii U/Windows/Mac/Linux)
- Noitu Love: Devolution (Clickteam Fusion, Nintendo 3DS/Wii U)
- NOT A HERO (Clickteam Fusion, PS4/XB1/Windows/Mac/Linux/Amazon Fire TV)
- (and more...)
- support for all current PC and console platforms
- an optimizing C++ compiler for events, layouts and objects, allowing for incredible performance
- a C++ runtime with a huge set of supported plugins and behaviors
- a smart shader optimizer & merger, allowing for very fast effects
We used to have a list of supported Construct plugins/behaviors, but at this point, adding support for a new Construct feature or plugin is straightforward and does not require a massive amount of work.
MP2 Games offers a porting service, where we will use Chowdren to take your game all the way from caproj/capx to release on another platform.
We have years of experience porting Construct games, and we can tailor Chowdren for your game.
If needed, we will do game-specific optimizations to make sure your game hits 60 FPS. We can also add features such as localization support, achievements, and perform changes that would be difficult to do from Construct.
Typically, the porting process is this:
- You give us a caproj/capx file, and we send you Windows builds for testing.
- Once the Windows build is free of issues, we bring the game to the target platform. If you have a devkit for the platform in question, we can send you builds for testing.
- When a build for the target platform is free of issues, with no gameplay or compliance issues left, we will send it to you so you can prepare it for submission.
During this, you can send us updated caproj/capx files, that's no problem at all.
We also offer a commercial license for Chowdren.
Unless you are an advanced user who is familiar with Construct internals, C++ and cross-platform development, this is not a good solution for you.
Pricing & Contact
If you would like to discuss a potential port or pricing for a commercial license, please get in touch at
If possible, include a short introduction and description of your game. We can sign an NDA if you would like to send us a demo or your project source.
Serious proposals only!
Chowdren implements a subset of the Construct 2/3 runtimes, so it is not a full or drop-in alternative to the standard Construct runtime.
However, the supported subset is very large at this point, and is enough to run a many games.