Would you guys shared your 7,000 PLUS HOURS PROJECT CAPX TO ANYONE !!????

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Here's the problem !!!

What about if that group or company decide to close their company and so suddenly I don't know about them anymore and they disappear from the map, and what about after that my capx get steal or exposed!? Where do I go to claim the contract or NDA that we signed!????

• Of course I wouldn't. I've spent more than 3 months trying to create a small game. And the worst of all is that I don't know anything about code. In order to make an event I've had to spend weeks on the forums, asking to google and to the construct community. To make a simple drawing I have had to watch youtube tutorials for hours on photoshop, nskape, gimp, aseprite and more, I have searched and converted music everywhere, that and all the possible material that can help me. and although in the end the game is not what I expected and I do not get any monetary gain, I gain experience doing something that I love doing. This is the best job that exists. So those who want everything easy are just lazy people. to want something from me that they give me money.

Hey friend you got a point !!! If person has not spent thousands of hours on a project then they will not know the value of their work to share it , some people think that all of this about creating a game its like eating a cake .

But they are wrong !!!

Just ask for a company of any kind that lends you the source master code of their project or their recipe to see if they do it, I'm very sure that they won't do it.

• Some times i'm sad because when i've spend a long time overcoming a problem, or found a really elegant way of coding something, i know no one will ever get to see it but me, or when they play the game appreciate what it took to make it work.

• Some times i'm sad because when i've spend a long time overcoming a problem, or found a really elegant way of coding something, i know no one will ever get to see it but me, or when they play the game appreciate what it took to make it work.

It happened to me until I created a game for the eShop on 2017.

Don't worry and Keep On working Hard and you'll see the OUTCOME my friend.

• Maybe it's about reputation and trust. Valve gave access to the source code of their major games, and unfortunately the code ended up being leaked. Even a huge company like Valve trusted people with their source code, and the people they trusted failed to keep it private.

Another thing to consider - what if someone just "looks" at your finished game, and they make a new project and try to copy your game from scratch, WITHOUT your capx? How would you respond to that? We are game devs, we look at games and we can deconstruct how they work, so it's not impossible. A group of people managed to recreate Super Mario 64 with no source code at all (altho it took a huge amount of time).

On a similar topic - How would you respond to fangames? Fangames are a popular area, and a lot of people get very upset when fangames get banned or closed.

Here's what I would do to try and protect my project that I must send to a company or share:

Upload a video recording of your game, including you editing it in Construct, onto a long-existing website (e.g. YouTube). Keep it hidden/private. This is just to keep as evidence in case anyone tried to steal your work (you can unprivate the video, and it will have a date stamp of the upload date that is impossible to fake).

Keep copies of your saved capx file throughout development. You can then demonstrate the stages of development if you needed to prove this.

If you have a community/fans, and you have a good reputation, then you can bet that your community will defend your ownership online and will leave negative comments on any content that is stolen from you (whether you like it or not, as they adore your game - I am not suggesting that you tell your community to defend you).

Hope any of this is useful!

• Another thing to consider - what if someone just "looks" at your finished game, and they make a new project and try to copy your game from scratch, WITHOUT your capx?

First of all >> I got more than 100 Capx since I started my Project PLUS my prototype its on YouTube.

Secondly >> My Source Code Script will be Handle in photocopies and another copy inside a USB locked with Winrar password to a Lawyer for Copyrights, just in case someone try to copymy Master Source Code and disguise as new game changing my assets with new ones .. in other words if they try to change the Sprite of the real game and try to change a little bit the scripts,

AND Third >> if we go by the law in Terms of source code then at that time Both Source Codes will be put to test to see if they are the same.

I respect others Game Developers work so as I want to Game Developers Respect mine too.

That's how I work.

Thank you Jase00 for the opinion and the comment !!! You got a point too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Depends on the situation. I skimmed through the thread, and it seems you are working with a publisher. Like others have said, if you signed a Contract, and NDA with them. You should be fine. You can take legal action of they steal your work, at that point.

>

Here's the problem !!!

>>>What about if that group or company decide to close their company and so suddenly I don't know about them anymore and they disappear from the map, and what about after that my capx get steal or exposed!? Where do I go to claim the contract or NDA that we signed!????

But, if you are looking to work with a publisher. I'm assuming you've already done your research and made sure that they are a legitimate publisher, and have done business successfully with other game developers & design studios?

The only way to port a game to various gaming consoles, requires the source code of the project. If they are just publishing it on a website, then export it to html5, and you are good to go.

There is only one Publisher I have in mind for console ports for any of my projects. And, it's someone well known in this community. Who has worked with other folks in the community who have already vouched for them and shown off projects ported by them.

• > Another thing to consider - what if someone just "looks" at your finished game, and they make a new project and try to copy your game from scratch, WITHOUT your capx?

>

First of all >> I got more than 100 Capx since I started my Project PLUS my prototype its on YouTube.

Secondly >> My Source Code Script will be Handle in photocopies and another copy inside a USB locked with Winrar password to a Lawyer for Copyrights, just in case someone try to copymy Master Source Code and disguise as new game changing my assets with new ones .. in other words if they try to change the Sprite of the real game and try to change a little bit the scripts,

AND Third >> if we go by the law in Terms of source code then at that time Both Source Codes will be put to test to see if they are the same.

I respect others Game Developers work so as I want to Game Developers Respect mine too.

That's how I work.

Thank you Jase00 for the opinion and the comment !!! You got a point too.

Sounds like you are thinking smart, and taking all the necessary precautions.

• I mean the porting services like that need the capx so they can tweak things to make it work on the given platform. Or maybe the conversion is automated? I seem to recall from what I’ve read is it’s mostly automated but they do some things manually to make it work better on a given port.

You can set the terms and say you won’t give them the capx but only an already done export for them to use to make the port. If they agree they’ll probably quote you higher I’d imagine.

I mean with my limited understanding of how the porting works they already have a lot to do to go from a capx. To go from an export would require them to mostly go from scratch or at least mostly reverse engineer a capx out of the export first.

• I mean the porting services like that need the capx so they can tweak things to make it work on the given platform. Or maybe the conversion is automated? I seem to recall from what I’ve read is it’s mostly automated but they do some things manually to make it work better on a given port.

You can set the terms and say you won’t give them the capx but only an already done export for them to use to make the port. If they agree they’ll probably quote you higher I’d imagine.

I mean with my limited understanding of how the porting works they already have a lot to do to go from a capx. To go from an export would require them to mostly go from scratch or at least mostly reverse engineer a capx out of the export first.

Exactly. Without the source, they would have to basically screenshot the game every frame and capture the frame of each sprite. Along with the background(they wouldn't be able to get the whole thing, as other game objects would likely be in the way of the whole image. Then from there, they would have to create a game from scratch that plays exactly like the original.

There is quite a bit they need to change even with the source, to make things work properly with the console operating systems, the different controllers, etc. Not to mention they are porting to a whole other programming language for PlayStation, and Switch. Pretty sure the Xbox One will run a HTML5 export directly.

• There is only one Publisher I have in mind for console ports for any of my projects. And, it's someone well known in this community. Who has worked with other folks in the community who have already vouched for them and shown off projects ported by them.

Does that Publisher can Export a game without the Master Capx !?? Can they export the Code via the Java Sripts source code !?? Can I send them another type of Port without giving away my Master Capx !???

How come games from the past 16 bit ERA are Exported to any consoled !!?? Its there another way to Export a Game without the Master Source Code !!!??? Its there any way !!???????????

• > There is only one Publisher I have in mind for console ports for any of my projects. And, it's someone well known in this community. Who has worked with other folks in the community who have already vouched for them and shown off projects ported by them.

Does that Publisher can Export a game without the Master Capx !?? Can they export the Code via the Java Sripts source code !?? Can I send them another type of Port without giving away my Master Capx !???

How come games from the past 16 bit ERA are Exported to any consoled !!?? Its there another way to Export a Game without the Master Source Code !!!??? Its there any way !!???????????

I really wish I could help out more with your questions. The Publisher I have found through this community is ratalaikagames.com/, you can search the forums here, and contact some developers that have worked with them. I have not worked with them yet, so I cannot comment much further unfortunately.

So then it can be done from an already exported game!? , and I don't care if I have to pay them more for the Export of my game without using my Master Capx , the main thing here for me it's to look for someone who are willing to Export my Project without giving away my Master Capx,

Cause some people maybe don't understand the difference between a Project of 100 Hours versus a Project of 7,000 Plus Hours.

But hey Rojo How come games from the past 16 bit ERA are Exported to any consoled !!?? Its there another way to Export a Game without the Master Source Code !!!???

Thank Rojo !!

• With enough money and time, anything is possible. There are limited entities with the ability and expertise to port capx and c3p files to other platforms. I suspect it wouldn’t be worth their while to take the extra effort to port over an already exported game. But hey, you could ask them. It may cost a lot more though.

Old console games are made portable by emulators of those consoles.

For construct games a web browser can be considered basically equivalent to an emulator. However performance, having a feature complete browser available, and even rules on certain platforms make that not feasible. Not to mention a lot of other complexity involved I’m not thinking of.

I should also say that an emulator for a console is way less complex to make than a browser.

Anyways, I shouldn’t be the one to ask. Contact the emails of those publishers and ask. They actually are the ones doing it so they know way better than me.

There’s probably a reason there’s not many porting services or super simple alternate ways to port. It’s probably pretty complex to do.

Having reservations about sharing the capx is fine. If they can’t help you otherwise is fine too. But never hurts to ask if they can work with you with your request.

Worst case you just stick to the platforms already available.

• Hello, you could pass a gameplay clip from your game. It must be incredible

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)