Would you guys shared your 7,000 PLUS HOURS PROJECT CAPX TO ANYONE !!????

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hello, you could pass a gameplay clip from your game. It must be incredible

Its not an incredible game !!! its a simple game, but with a lot of hours and Mechanics invested ,,, I'm a humble Game Developer,,, But the hard work deserve respect and admiration even if you are creating a simple game. God Bless you !!!

• Hello, you could pass a gameplay clip from your game. It must be incredible

Check his past posts, he included videos in literally every post he's made prior to this one, and on his old account too I recall. It had been kinda spammy early last year. The youtube channel is still there.

Regarding sharing source code:

For help to fix an issue: No. Helpers don't want to dig through your entire project to help you solve a problem in the first place, better to isolate the issue in a minimal project. By doing so you have a high likelihood of solving the problem yourself as well.

For publishing a game: No, a publisher should not need your source code to publish your game.

For porting your game to other platforms: Yes, the source code probably makes their job much easier and as a result cheaper for you as well. I wouldn't be too worried about them stealing your game - if their business is porting games, that sounds significantly more profitable than stealing source code and trying to pawn it off or sell it as their own, considering 99% of games are not successful and even less are blockbusters, while one instance of stolen source code would destroy their reputation. Taking into account you're paying them money to do so and a contract involved, they would absolutely be ruined if it was found that your source code for a game you paid them to port had been leaked. Not to mention you'd probably be richer by suing them than by any profits your game might have made. A publisher or porter would not likely risk their reputation and entire business on something like that.

If you want someone to port your game by recreating it from scratch, well it probably could be done, and most likely in significantly less time than you spent on the original code, but it would be expensive. But by then they would have written the code from scratch and they would have their own "source code" for your game by then anyway so what is the point. This is unlikely in any event, since the porting company would probably simply just not take your job if you don't want to provide your code, they have other work to do anyway.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If this is a theoretical question then most likely no, unless yoyve signed some deal never do that litterally everyone below me would say so.

And 7000 is like months if not years of progress maybe it was a type but yoyve only been here since 16 of december goddamn.

• If you want someone to port your game by recreating it from scratch, well it probably could be done, and most likely in significantly less time than you spent on the original code, but it would be expensive. But by then they would have written the code from scratch and they would have their own "source code" for your game by then anyway so what is the point. This is unlikely in any event, since the porting company would probably simply just not take your job if you don't want to provide your code, they have other work to do anyway.

First of all my question is !!!! >> Would you guys shared your 7,000 PLUS HOURS PROJECT CAPX TO ANYONE !!????

I'm not talking about stealing !!! I'm talking about if its there another way to port a C3 Game without giving away your Master source code Capx !!!!

That's all my friend !!!

If you know someone who can do it just let me know !!! That's all I need to know !!! Cause I'm not exposing my Master Capx to anyone, That's my work and I was the only one getting through all this hard work project, and just for the record I created a game for the Wii U console and at that time I never had to give away my Master Capx !!!

You mention this >> But by then they would have written the code from scratch and they would have their own "source code" for your game by then anyway so what is the point. << My answer to this !!! WELL !!! STILL ITS MY COPYRIGHT CODE !!! UNLESS THEY CHANGE THE ALGORITHM my friend !!! and that wont be an easy task !!!!!

God bless you friend !!! and remember to never give away your hard work !!!

• If this is a theoretical question then most likely no, unless yoyve signed some deal never do that litterally everyone below me would say so.

And 7000 is like months if not years of progress maybe it was a type but yoyve only been here since 16 of december goddamn.

But remember that I'm OLDER than December 16 !!!!

Thank you for your comment my friend and God bless you !!!

• I go by this a 100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's about reputation and trust. Valve gave access to the source code of their major games, and unfortunately the code ended up being leaked. Even a huge company like Valve trusted people with their source code, and the people they trusted failed to keep it private.

CheckMate !!!!!!!!

Thanks Jase00 for this great comment !!!!

and I go by this a 100% too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never share your capx even if they get angry, the truth they shouldn't get angry and instead they should encourage you to get used to not sharing your Capx for obvious reasons.

It happened to me many times in the past that some users shared with me their capx because they needed help and I had to tell them off very serious that you should never share your main project capx and instead do a quick demo example reproducing your issue. You have to remind them of the consequences of doing that which could be catastrophic.

Thank you Tarek2 for this comment too !!!!

This is the best job that exists. So those who want everything easy are just lazy people. to want something from me that they give me money.

Of course I wouldn't. I've spent more than 3 months trying to create a small game. And the worst of all is that I don't know anything about code. In order to make an event I've had to spend weeks on the forums, asking to google and to the construct community. To make a simple drawing I have had to watch youtube tutorials for hours on photoshop, nskape, gimp, aseprite and more, I have searched and converted music everywhere, that and all the possible material that can help me. and although in the end the game is not what I expected and I do not get any monetary gain, I gain experience doing something that I love doing.

black meow ninja << Thank you for this comment too !!!!

7000?? my projects have 70 hours and no share anybody, calm bro

Stefano1234 Thank you for this Comment too !!!

All I can say is that if a person has not spent thousands of hours on a project then they will not know the value of their work to share it ,

And I speak this for all the time I have worked on this engine since 2013 !! Thank you friend for your opinion and God bless you !!!

and Thanks to me too for this comment !!!

God bless all of you guys !!! and remember to never give away your hard work, it's your job not theirs.

• I would do:

1) Check the reputation of the publisher.

2) Check where the publisher company is established? It that in a legit country or do they are in a tax heaven or even worse in a country where they don't care about copyright laws? In that government don't punish people for stealing from others, you can spend millions of dollars in lawyers and nothing would change.

3) Contact other developers that have used that publisher and ask about their experience.

Other things important to keep in mind:

- In general in life, if you were the one asking them for help it's less likely that they trick you compared to the ones reaching you out asking if you want to use their services.

- Having shared the development of your game for years, if popular, that could give you a little advantage since if someone steals your project, fan would know about it and they will help you spreading the voice and helping in boycotting the game.

• I would do:

1) Check the reputation of the publisher.

2) Check where the publisher company is established? It that in a legit country or do they are in a tax heaven or even worse in a country where they don't care about copyright laws? In that government don't punish people for stealing from others, you can spend millions of dollars in lawyers and nothing would change.

3) Contact other developers that have used that publisher and ask about their experience.

Other things important to keep in mind:

- In general in life, if you were the one asking them for help it's less likely that they trick you compared to the ones reaching you out asking if you want to use their services.

- Having shared the development of your game for years, if popular, that could give you a little advantage since if someone steals your project, fan would know about it and they will help you spreading the voice and helping in boycotting the game.

All good points :).

I especially like that last one. Regular YouTube(and other community platforms such as GameJolt) content uploads during development, and building a website along the way, not only builds a community around your game, but all act as evidence that it is your work.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors, gametime777. Sit down with any publisher and just talk for a while(figuratively speaking. It will mostly be done via email, and/or instant messaging, etc. Get to know them as a company. See games/developers they have worked with. Talk to those developers, and get their point of view, and get an idea on how things went for them while working with the publisher.

Overall, you will get many different opinions, and viewpoints here, or at any community. All you can really do is speak directly with publisher(s), and developers who work wit them. Gather as much information as you can, in order to make the best informed decision on whether or not to work with them or not.

• > I would do:

>

> 1) Check the reputation of the publisher.

>

> 2) Check where the publisher company is established? It that in a legit country or do they are in a tax heaven or even worse in a country where they don't care about copyright laws? In that government don't punish people for stealing from others, you can spend millions of dollars in lawyers and nothing would change.

>

> 3) Contact other developers that have used that publisher and ask about their experience.

>

> Other things important to keep in mind:

>

> - In general in life, if you were the one asking them for help it's less likely that they trick you compared to the ones reaching you out asking if you want to use their services.

>

> - Having shared the development of your game for years, if popular, that could give you a little advantage since if someone steals your project, fan would know about it and they will help you spreading the voice and helping in boycotting the game.

You just mentioned a Publisher earlier on this conversation , Do they have a company in a legal way !!?? are they stablish in the united states !!?? are they in law with the NDA agreement legaly and singned up contracts !!?? Can I see who these person are or they are just ghost that you only know through the internet , you know what I mean if I get to know them at least via camera and make contract with them and the NDA agreement, have they port any big Indie fame !!??? or they just port simple 2D games !?? Just asking you in a good way because I heard you export a game with these people, and of course to know more about who to really trust.,,,

Thank you friend !!!

• I have not used them personally. You'd have to contact them directly. Search the community here for "ratalaika", and you should be able to find some threads regarding devs who have worked with them in the past. Again, wish I could be more helpful.

All the Best.

EDIT: I think "A Pretty Odd Bunny" was ported by them. You could search that on the main community page as well. Just do Search All Post. Both of those suggestions should bring up some results on the forums here.

• I have not used them personally. You'd have to contact them directly. Search the community here for "ratalaika", and you should be able to find some threads regarding devs who have worked with them in the past. Again, wish I could be more helpful.

All the Best.

EDIT: I think "A Pretty Odd Bunny" was ported by them. You could search that on the main community page as well. Just do Search All Post. Both of those suggestions should bring up some results on the forums here.

How many exporters are here in this community !?? only one !!?? Only one option to export my game !!?? and by the way the one you told me the only option they gave me right now is to send them the Capx , cause there is no other way they can export my game , soooo I'm gonna keep looking forward to see if there is another Publisher ,, so Sad so Sad !!!!!! IF I HAVE TO WAIT 1 OR 2 YEARS THEN I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO WAIT !!!

Thank you brainwavecreations !!!

• I think there are two entities that have the ability to port capx to other platforms. But both require the source capx to do so as far as I know.

Anyways I probably did you a disservice to say it could be possible to port an already exported game. If any new porting company emerges they too will require the games source to do it. Why? Because it’s much much harder to port games already exported to the point of not being worthwhile to attempt.

• Chowdren is the other one that comes to mind.

I'm going to hazard a guess that either will be out of your budget, besides requiring the source project. It would be more reasonable to explore publishing to platforms that support html5, like desktop and web, which will be both significantly cheaper and not require source project files, not to mention self publishing is entirely within the means of a novice with a completed project.

• Chowdren is the other one that comes to mind.

I'm going to hazard a guess that either will be out of your budget, besides requiring the source project. It would be more reasonable to explore publishing to platforms that support html5, like desktop and web, which will be both significantly cheaper and not require source project files, not to mention self publishing is entirely within the means of a novice with a completed project.

I heard that Chowdren takes too much time to respond , some people in this forum commented about that two years ago or so ,

I'm going to hazard a guess that either will be out of your budget<< So much will be to export the game now that you mentioned that !!??

• I think there are two entities that have the ability to port capx to other platforms. But both require the source capx to do so as far as I know.

Anyways I probably did you a disservice to say it could be possible to port an already exported game. If any new porting company emerges they too will require the games source to do it. Why? Because it’s much much harder to port games already exported to the point of not being worthwhile to attempt.

Can you name a game they have exported to any consoled !?

Do they have good reputation !? are they Legit !!??

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)