Would you guys shared your 7,000 PLUS HOURS PROJECT CAPX TO ANYONE !!????

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • > Very good tarek2 !!!

> A group of person asked me for my main Capx to Export my game either to Switch or PS4 or 5 and Xbox , Its that normal !!??? giving away the Master Capx to make any export to any consoles !!??

If the reason is just for exporting the Game from C3 then you have an easy choice there I guess, as exporting from C3 is very easy is like a few clicks depending on the platform, anyone could do it so why they don't tell you which Platforms they need and you export it for them? that should be the best possible solution and safe for both. I guess there is a lot of context missing so I'm judging for what you revealed so far.

A group of person asked me for my main Capx to Export my game either to Switch or PS4 or 5 and Xbox , Its that normal !!??? giving away the Master Capx to make any export to any consoles !!??

• > > Very good tarek2 !!!

> > A group of person asked me for my main Capx to Export my game either to Switch or PS4 or 5 and Xbox , Its that normal !!??? giving away the Master Capx to make any export to any consoles !!??

>

>

> If the reason is just for exporting the Game from C3 then you have an easy choice there I guess, as exporting from C3 is very easy is like a few clicks depending on the platform, anyone could do it so why they don't tell you which Platforms they need and you export it for them? that should be the best possible solution and safe for both. I guess there is a lot of context missing so I'm judging for what you revealed so far.

A group of person asked me for my main Capx to Export my game either to Switch or PS4 or 5 and Xbox , Its that normal !!??? giving away the Master Capx to make any export to any consoles !!??

gametime777

Sign NDA with them and you will be fine.

• > > > Very good tarek2 !!!

> > > A group of person asked me for my main Capx to Export my game either to Switch or PS4 or 5 and Xbox , Its that normal !!??? giving away the Master Capx to make any export to any consoles !!??

> >

> >

> > If the reason is just for exporting the Game from C3 then you have an easy choice there I guess, as exporting from C3 is very easy is like a few clicks depending on the platform, anyone could do it so why they don't tell you which Platforms they need and you export it for them? that should be the best possible solution and safe for both. I guess there is a lot of context missing so I'm judging for what you revealed so far.

>

>

> A group of person asked me for my main Capx to Export my game either to Switch or PS4 or 5 and Xbox , Its that normal !!??? giving away the Master Capx to make any export to any consoles !!??

gametime777

Sign NDA with them and you will be fine.

But do I still have to send them the Master Capx or its there another way to export a game to any consoled!!?? I just dont want to send them my Master Capx at all even with a Sign NDA.

• If they, as publisher, should port your gamecode to console code (C++) then yes, you will need to share your project.

• If they, as publisher, should port your gamecode to console code (C++) then yes, you will need to share your project.

isnt there another way for the export without sending the Master Capx !!??? That's my main question !!!!!!

• You need to ask those publishers that. It depends on how they do the export to platforms that construct doesn’t support.

Most if not all of them convert the capx to the export format. It’s up to them if they are willing to take an already exported game and try to convert it.

• You need to ask those publishers that. It depends on how they do the export to platforms that construct doesn’t support.

Most if not all of them convert the capx to the export format. It’s up to them if they are willing to take an already exported game and try to convert it.

It’s up to them if they are willing to take an already exported game and try to convert it.

Can the game be exported with an already exported game !?? For example can they port the game to a consoled with NW.js or Window Store port format !!?? ,, ect ect its there any way to exported a Construct game to a consoled without sending the Master Capx to the Publishers !?

That's one of my main questions.

Thank you guys and thank you Rojo !!!!

• If you absolutely need to share your capx with the publisher and you worry that someone could steal your project, you can obfuscate it before sharing. Rename objects, variables, layouts and event sheets to random combination of characters, delete comments from your code.

If you spent 7000 hours developing it, you probably have many thousands lines of code. It will be extremely difficult for another person to "decrypt" it after those changes.

• Any project I spend even 100 hours on is a tangled mess of code and variable names and doesn't need any more obfuscation to be useless to anyone else. Unfortunately.

• Depends on the situation. I skimmed through the thread, and it seems you are working with a publisher. Like others have said, if you signed a Contract, and NDA with them. You should be fine. You can take legal action of they steal your work, at that point.

If it's someone that just says, hey can I see your .capx, then a swift "nope". Unless you are teaching a class and share your source with students, or something along those lines.

Context is everything.

Like someone else mentioned. If you need help with a particular issue, you can always recreate the issue in a small demo source file, and share that for help.

• Of course I wouldn't. I've spent more than 3 months trying to create a small game. And the worst of all is that I don't know anything about code. In order to make an event I've had to spend weeks on the forums, asking to google and to the construct community. To make a simple drawing I have had to watch youtube tutorials for hours on photoshop, nskape, gimp, aseprite and more, I have searched and converted music everywhere, that and all the possible material that can help me. and although in the end the game is not what I expected and I do not get any monetary gain, I gain experience doing something that I love doing. This is the best job that exists. So those who want everything easy are just lazy people. to want something from me that they give me money.

• Interpreting the extensive use of punctuation and double- and triple-emphasizing on the question if there is another way than giving away the source code of something you have dumped 7,000 hours of your spare time into, my educated guess is that you may have the opportunity on monetizing at least a fracture of the time spent and you may be in contact with a small publisher / studio, yet ridicously overrate the market value of the product to be.

Talking personal experience here.

• 7000?? my projects have 70 hours and no share anybody, calm bro

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Depends on the situation. I skimmed through the thread, and it seems you are working with a publisher. Like others have said, if you signed a Contract, and NDA with them. You should be fine. You can take legal action of they steal your work, at that point.

Here's the problem !!!

>>>What about if that group or company decide to close their company and so suddenly I don't know about them anymore and they disappear from the map, and what about after that my capx get steal or exposed!? Where do I go to claim the contract or NDA that we signed!????

• Interpreting the extensive use of punctuation and double- and triple-emphasizing on the question if there is another way than giving away the source code of something you have dumped 7,000 hours of your spare time into, my educated guess is that you may have the opportunity on monetizing at least a fracture of the time spent and you may be in contact with a small publisher / studio, yet ridicously overrate the market value of the product to be.

Talking personal experience here.

All I can say is that if a person has not spent thousands of hours on a project then they will not know the value of their work to share it ,

And I speak this for all the time I have worked on this engine since 2013 !! Thank you friend for your opinion and God bless you !!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)