GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • I currently have the following:

Touch > is touching SettingsButton > Mobile Advert > Show user consent dialog

I've also added my Application ID, Publisher ID and URL Privacy Policy link to the Mobile Advert object and exported for iOX(XCode) and imported/built in XCode but it doesn't do anything.

Anyone else get this working yet?

• > In regards to the privacy policy url - does this mean we need to host our own url? And is there a standard privacy policy we can access or do we need to write our own?

I just have a generic Policy with a url link to a page on my website, with the Privacy policy and Terms & Conditions.

I republished one of my small apps yesterday, all seems to be working as it should, If you are in the eea and want to test it for me its here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.boatman, let me know if there are any problems with it.

cheers.

I did try your app (Boatman Bill) but the game screen appears and turns into a white screen after 2 seconds (and snake in the grass have this problem) And my games have this problem, I did make my games with construct 3... My Device: Samsung Note 5. You must solve this problem developers (c3 developers) it is a big problem :/... Does anybody know how to solve this problem? The display settings were correct, working stable 6 weeks ago. Right now, all my applications have this problem. Is there an issue with the ad plugin?

• Hello gentlemen and ladies, I use the advert app for my application and publish ads with Admob. Is it okay if I keep doing this normally? What is GDPR, do I have to use it? Currently, the "Group of popular ad technology providers" option is selected. Is it okay to run an old Admob ads?? I do not want to make a change.

• > > In regards to the privacy policy url - does this mean we need to host our own url? And is there a standard privacy policy we can access or do we need to write our own?

>

> I just have a generic Policy with a url link to a page on my website, with the Privacy policy and Terms & Conditions.

>

> I republished one of my small apps yesterday, all seems to be working as it should, If you are in the eea and want to test it for me its here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.boatman, let me know if there are any problems with it.

>

> cheers.

I did try your app (Boatman Bill) but the game screen appears and turns into a white screen after 2 seconds (and snake in the grass have this problem) And my games have this problem, I did make my games with construct 3... My Device: Samsung Note 5. You must solve this problem developers (c3 developers) it is a big problem :/... Does anybody know how to solve this problem? The display settings were correct, working stable 6 weeks ago. Right now, all my applications have this problem. Is there an issue with the ad plugin?

Hi

This seems worrying, I am getting ad requests and impressions with admob.

Does anyone else have this problem with my apps?, or is it device specific, I would be grateful if someone else could check this for me.

Cheers.

• > > > In regards to the privacy policy url - does this mean we need to host our own url? And is there a standard privacy policy we can access or do we need to write our own?

> >

> > I just have a generic Policy with a url link to a page on my website, with the Privacy policy and Terms & Conditions.

> >

> > I republished one of my small apps yesterday, all seems to be working as it should, If you are in the eea and want to test it for me its here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.boatman, let me know if there are any problems with it.

> >

> > cheers.

>

> I did try your app (Boatman Bill) but the game screen appears and turns into a white screen after 2 seconds (and snake in the grass have this problem) And my games have this problem, I did make my games with construct 3... My Device: Samsung Note 5. You must solve this problem developers (c3 developers) it is a big problem :/... Does anybody know how to solve this problem? The display settings were correct, working stable 6 weeks ago. Right now, all my applications have this problem. Is there an issue with the ad plugin?

Hi

This seems worrying, I am getting ad requests and impressions with admob.

Does anyone else have this problem with my apps?, or is it device specific, I would be grateful if someone else could check this for me.

Cheers.

Hey, I tried this with my other phone and it is working fine. So Samsung Note 5 devices are problem with construct 3's games now. Everything was fine after 6 weeks ago with my Samsung Note 5. I do not understand, my game have same problem white/black screen. And your game have same problem white screen. I do not understand. This brand is not an unknown brand and this problem needs to be solved. People use brands like Samsung and the game engine is not helping at this point. Everything works great when I remove ads, the problem should be with ads.

• I also could not get it to work, on android that is

I'm tried using c3 apk build service as well as cordova export.

Did anyone get it to work? If yes please some screenshots of it and how you did it.

• I've tried the following:

Touch > on touched SettingsButton > Mobile Advert > Show user consent dialog

I've also added my Application ID, Publisher ID and URL Privacy Policy link to the Mobile Advert object and exported for Android and installed on my Android test device plus I've also exported and installed for iOS.

Neither builds work or do anything.

Anyone else get this working yet? Anyone want to share a screengrab? Do we need to implement javascript in someway?

• I've tried the following:

Touch > on touched SettingsButton > Mobile Advert > Show user consent dialog

I've also added my Application ID, Publisher ID and URL Privacy Policy link to the Mobile Advert object and exported for Android and installed on my Android test device plus I've also exported and installed for iOS.

Neither builds work or do anything.

Anyone else get this working yet? Anyone want to share a screengrab? Do we need to implement javascript in someway?

Send URL of your game for Android. I will try it.

• I don't have a URL for it - it's just sitting on my Mac.

Have you managed to get the plugin/consent dialogue working yourself?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can see my test project here, to use it you will have to replace the publisher ID and App ID with your own.

Also it is important that you change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers, otherwise it will fail to load the user consent dialog.

I'm intending to take a look into the iOS version again soon, along with location testing. If you find any replicable bugs please file a bug report on the GitHub tracker, you will get a response from me faster. Also it's hard work trying to understand bugs from forum posts.

• Thats excellent - thank you 👍 - I was just missing the App ID/Pub ID from the Advert plugin.

Works great on my Android device. Just need an iOS version now.

• You can see my test project here, to use it you will have to replace the publisher ID and App ID with your own.

Also it is important that you change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers, otherwise it will fail to load the user consent dialog.

I'm intending to take a look into the iOS version again soon, along with location testing. If you find any replicable bugs please file a bug report on the GitHub tracker, you will get a response from me faster. Also it's hard work trying to understand bugs from forum posts.

I have downloaded and tested the project and it kinda works, I have some questions though:

About the privacy url - Do I need my own url? How do I make one? What should be in it?

In the parameters dialog for creating an ad in the field "Advert unit ID" you have put "TEST", can this be anything just to name the ad or should it be the ad unit id from admob?

The Show consent button doesn't do anything. Is this because I changed the privacy policy url in the plugin settings to point to my own website (where I have no privacy policy setup because I don't know how to make one)?

All other buttons work even though I have only made an ad unit for interstitial, why do they work anyway?

Hope you have the time to answer these questions :)

Thanks

• Anyone know if you can still submit to the Apple App Store if you don’t have GDPR compliance in place?

First of all, thanks for your interest, I want to use it as the default ad unit, what do I need for this?

• I understand every step i have to take to update the ads in my apps but i dont know what you need to do to create your privacy url? Is there some generic one you can link or do i need to create my own web page for it? What do you even write in a privacy text?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)