Hey everyone, got an update for you on this.
I'm sorry for the delay, this has required a bit more work than I expected. We should be publishing a beta release today that includes the user consent dialog. Unfortunately this is only for Android at the moment, I did want to also have an iOS version out today but I've been having trouble getting the iOS SDK to compile.
As the iOS component is part of the cordova plugin ( construct-mobile-advert ) I can publish new revisions of that outside of the C3 release cycle. Hopefully I will be able to get a working iOS version up over the next few days.
Either on your games start page or settings page you need to add a button to display the user consent dialog, as it is a requirement that you allow your users to change or withdraw their consent.
You can find more information on the following pages:
Selecting ad technology providers
Google Mobile Ads Android SDK: Requesting user consent
When you app is launching the mobile advert plugin will do the following:
1. Check user consent status
2. If status is either "PERSONALISED" or "NON_PERSONALISED" enable ads and stop
3. Check if user is in the EEA
4. If the user is not in the EEA enable personalised ads and stop
5. Show the user consent dialog
6. If the user selects personalised or non personalised enable ads and stop
7. Otherwise keep ads disabled