3DObject plugin (Alpha) 3D models in C3

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Mikal

Seconding Mattertainment , is texture control close on your list of things to tackle? It's probably the last major outstanding feature...

Noice trick with discard in the shader - it allows the "transparent" objects to be a part of the opaque sorting queue.

• have issues with opening the project file after updating the plugin from version 2.4 to 2.9

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/cant-open-projectdo-165856

• Mattertainment

Ah, I mean change the layer that the NPCs are on to change Draw Order based on 3D distance to the camera, set in the layer properties as is done in the FPS demo project.

In terms of using an animated sprite as a texture for the 3D model, interesting idea, I will have to look at that in more detail to see how it could be done.

The game sounds fun!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1mrpaul1 Can you try using the latest beta of C3 (r275)? If that doesn't work, you can send me the project, so I can take a look.

• Mikal

Thanks! That solved the issue. But unfortunately I've stumbled upon another issue.

I just updated to the newest version of your plugin (2.10), along with update Construsct 3 r275, but it gives me this error:

Error report information

Type: unhandled rejection

Reason: Event 'error': [object Event]

Construct 3 version: r275

URL: editor.construct.net/r275

Date: Sun Dec 12 2021 11:42:47 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)

Uptime: 13.8 s

Platform information

Browser: Chrome

Browser version: 96.0.4664.93

Browser engine: Chromium

Context: browser

Operating system: Windows

Operating system version: 10

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 1

Logical CPU cores: 8

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.93 Safari/537.36

C3 release: r275 (beta)

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 2

Supports NPOT textures: yes

Supports GPU profiling: yes

Supports highp precision: yes

Vendor: Google Inc. (Intel)

Renderer: ANGLE (Intel, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0, D3D11-27.20.100.8681)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 1024

Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_color_buffer_half_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_float_blend, EXT_texture_compression_bptc, EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, EXT_texture_norm16, KHR_parallel_shader_compile, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context, WEBGL_multi_draw, OVR_multiview2

• Hmm, I don't see that error (even when I launch an incognito browser and start from scratch with installing the addon.)

Can you also check the chrome dev console for the error? Does it happen at runtime or in the editor?

Can you share your project, so I can see the error? I am also on the Construct Community discord if you want to DM it to me there instead.

• Added light layer effect to 3DObject itch page, details here:

kindeyegames.itch.io/c3-3dobject-alpha/devlog/324554/light-layer-3d-effect

• About error that i reported some time ago. I saved the game as a folder and was able to open it, but when open the scene with 3d models, got this error and constructs red error screen

Error report information

Type: unhandled rejection

Reason: Error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'undefined') TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'undefined') at GltfData.loadGLTF (blob:https://editor.construct.net/1650f26e-afd8-4ef1-8889-ac99a87b10d0:193:44) at async GltfData.load (blob:https://editor.construct.net/1650f26e-afd8-4ef1-8889-ac99a87b10d0:33:20)

Stack: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'undefined') at GltfData.loadGLTF (blob:https://editor.construct.net/1650f26e-afd8-4ef1-8889-ac99a87b10d0:193:44) at async GltfData.load (blob:https://editor.construct.net/1650f26e-afd8-4ef1-8889-ac99a87b10d0:33:20)

Construct 3 version: r276.2

URL: editor.construct.net

Date: Fri Dec 17 2021 13:40:37 GMT+0300 (Moscow Standard Time)

Uptime: 46.8 s

Platform information

Browser: Chrome

Browser version: 96.0.4664.93

Browser engine: Chromium

Context: webapp

Operating system: Windows

Operating system version: 10

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 0.8999999761581421

Logical CPU cores: 12

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.93 Safari/537.36

C3 release: r276.2 (stable)

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 2

Supports NPOT textures: yes

Supports GPU profiling: yes

Supports highp precision: yes

Vendor: Google Inc. (NVIDIA)

Renderer: ANGLE (NVIDIA, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0, D3D11-27.21.14.6692)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 1024

Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_color_buffer_half_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_float_blend, EXT_texture_compression_bptc, EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, EXT_texture_norm16, KHR_parallel_shader_compile, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context, WEBGL_multi_draw, OVR_multiview2

• That looks like some kind of error reading the GLTF file. Can you share the project, so I can debug?

• That looks like some kind of error reading the GLTF file. Can you share the project, so I can debug?

Give me please your email

• If you want to keep your project confidential, let's instead connect on the Construct Community Discord and you can DM me the project (friend me first to DM).

I am Mikal#1464 on the Discord server.

Server invite: discord.gg/9JaxcR3B

Or DM me a link on my Twitter: kindeyegames .

• Finally, something I've wanted to see for a long time. Thank you for your work, it's wonderful. Is there any limit to the number of polygons of the 3d model, aside from terms of performance? I'm going to try with this 3d model,

but I'll probably have to lower the number of polygons in Meshlab.

• I have not hit a limit yet, but nothing is unlimited on a computer, so I’m sure there’s some limit.

As you say performance is definitely a consideration. c3 is not built to do high poly count 3D rendering or animation like other 3D first engines.

Let us know how it works out for you.

• GLB and GLTF support with single embedded texture

The addon now supports both glb and gltf embedded file formats, including support for a _single_ embedded texture.

If a texture is present in the glb or gltf embedded file it will be used as the texture of the 3DObject model (there then is no need to load the image of the 3DObject, it can be left blank or fill with a solid color, etc.)

If a texture is not present in the glb/gltf, then the 3DObject image will be used (e.g. load texture manually into the image.

kindeyegames.itch.io/c3-3dobject-alpha/devlog/343359/glb-and-gltf-support-with-single-embedded-texture

• Hi there - I need some help please.

I have successfully created a gltf file containing a material and it displays properly using the plugin.

Now, I am trying to replace the material with a new image.

I have used the Cleric example as a guide, but cannot get it to work.

DETAILS:

The model: dice.gltf. THis contains 'mesh1' and 'material1'

After loading the model into the 3d Object (which works) I am trying:

ANyone know what I am doing wrong?

many thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)