3DObject plugin (Alpha) 3D models in C3

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Hi , Mikal when you have a spare time it would be nice to have an example of this plugin working with the new C3 3d camera , thanks

• This is an awesome idea, id love if construct could integrate some sort of basic 3d model system, like blockbench, thats a great program, items or characters. It would be fantastic to be able to use those models in construct, my 5 year old uses that program to make minecraft blocks and conplicated stuff is easy as its all based upon cubes, just luke construct 3s 3d shapes. :D keep up the great work

• Wrap my had trying to import my 3D object from blender.

Can you please say more about how obj got to be done to use in the plugin?

I tried many different tutorials but without success

Also, please give a little more info how placing objects is working.

For example, if I wrote path to box.obj from your example, in the new 3Dobject object, then became impossible to use other files from inventory, box model always will be shown

• found the issue. we got to restart the game to make changes in the model

another thing

you got to bake texture in the blender to make it visible in the 3Dobject

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Right, this is not easy to do! I am finding 3D models, blender, animations are difficult to work with in general (even beyond this plug-in.)

I am leveraging some work that r0j0hound did and hope to get GTLF file formats working for this plug-in, instead of obj/mtl. That being said, I have also found that getting a good gtlf embedded file is also not that easy!

Here's an example of GTLF import (still WIP, not ready to release yet.)

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • I am leveraging some work that r0j0hound did and hope to get GTLF file formats working for this plug-in, instead of obj/mtl. That being said, I have also found that getting a good gtlf embedded file is also not that easy!

is it skeletal animation from blender?

dreams come true...

really great work!

and each, everybody using gtlf files for the html5 3D this days

• What weird thing i found, if to use 3Dobjects with construct 3D camera it makes models distorted

Look at steve, he is got to be as a box

so, will be good to have the ability to change x,y,z scale separately

• we need zelevation property for the 3Dobject.

to make possible collisions.

because now we can check x,y coordinated only and without z we can collision in the Z dimension

• See the latest update which includes some of this.

kindeyegames.itch.io/c3-3dobject-alpha/devlog/298473/add-zelevation-expression-set-zscale

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Thank you a lot

will try it asap

• Nice plugin! I would love to make a small demo for this plugin but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I added "test.gltf" under "Files" and tried to define the location of the file in the 3dObject, but the model doesn't load in.

I tried defining the file as "Files/test.gltf" and "test.gltf" but neither worked.

I changed project settings to use the 3d renderer, but the 3d model won't show.

• Check the dev console for errors. Otherwise, carefully follow the instructions on how to add a 3DObject to your project. Also, test out your gltf in the Babylon sandbox.

• Check the dev console for errors. Otherwise, carefully follow the instructions on how to add a 3DObject to your project. Also, test out your gltf in the Babylon sandbox.

My model shows up just fine in Babylon.js

However, I do get the following error message upon filling in the gltf file path,

and I made sure I set rendering mode to 3d:

Error report information

Type: unhandled rejection

Reason: Error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'nodes') TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'nodes') at GltfModel.getPolygons (blob:https://editor.construct.net/5fa12fc5-9988-43a0-b35d-fd9f4c5d045e:177:39) at Object3DInstance.doInit (blob:https://editor.construct.net/39f878d1-706e-43fb-9b22-0d7373c55d41:51:23)

Stack: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'nodes') at GltfModel.getPolygons (blob:https://editor.construct.net/5fa12fc5-9988-43a0-b35d-fd9f4c5d045e:177:39) at Object3DInstance.doInit (blob:https://editor.construct.net/39f878d1-706e-43fb-9b22-0d7373c55d41:51:23)

Construct 3 version: r268

URL: editor.construct.net

Date: Sun Nov 21 2021 10:25:57 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)

Uptime: 33.7 s

Platform information

Browser: Chrome

Browser version: 96.0.4664.45

Browser engine: Chromium

Context: webapp

Operating system: Windows

Operating system version: 10

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 0.8999999761581421

Logical CPU cores: 8

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.45 Safari/537.36

C3 release: r268 (stable)

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 2

Supports NPOT textures: yes

Supports GPU profiling: yes

Supports highp precision: yes

Vendor: Google Inc. (Intel)

Renderer: ANGLE (Intel, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0, D3D11-27.20.100.8681)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 1024

Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_color_buffer_half_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_float_blend, EXT_texture_compression_bptc, EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, EXT_texture_norm16, KHR_parallel_shader_compile, OES_texture_float_linear, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context, WEBGL_multi_draw, OVR_multiview2

• Is the gltf file you’re using one of the ones included in examples for this plugin?

I helped with the initial gltf loader part of the plugin. The plugin should be able to load any gltf file saved as embedded from blender, or any other program.

With the gltf format it has three different variations:

Gltf + bin

Gltf embedded

Glb (binary)

The loader in this plugin only handles the embedded variation. Which seems like the format you’re using since it works with the Babylon test bed.

Anyways if you’re able to share the gltf file or a c3p project with the file it may help to find the issue.

From the error it looks like something isn’t loading correctly.

Mikal

It may be something as simple as the the exporter that made the gltf file not adding all the properties that the plugins loader expects. I thought it follows the spec but this may be a case where if that part isn’t there you’d just add it from the other info in the file.

• I did add ignoring some missing elements R0J0hound, but I definitely did not do an exhaustive check of a lot of gltf files. Thanks for all the initial work though!

Mattertainment how about uploading the gltf and png files, so we can take a look? (I use sendgb.com for quick temp file sharing.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)