3DObject plugin (Alpha) 3D models in C3

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • R0J0hound No, I made my own model using Cinema4D and it's built in GLTF v2 exporter. That must've been the reason why the model didn't get recognized.

Mikal Sure thing! Here you go: sendgb.com/upload

I didn't really use a texture since it was a test.

• Mattertainment

Ok, it looks like the Cinema4D exporter doesn't include a base 'scene', which our importer does not recognize as a valid format.

As a quick fix, do this:

import gltf to Blender, then export gltf from Blender with these settings, and then it should work (it worked for me.)

Here's the result:

sendgb.com/hUYJdwTpo2e

Meanwhile, I will see if there is a way to have the importer recognize this type of gltf format.

• Sweet! Thanks Mikal. I will see what I can do with this! Also looking forward to the update. Keep up the good work! :)

• Hi Mikal,

I think I have detected a problem, there is something strange.

For all the situations I mentioned, the camera is still.

There is 1 animated object on the screen and it alone increases the CPU consumption to 5% (while the animation is running). There is no problem so far, the real problem starts when I add objects that have no animations to a place where the camera can see them. How Does? I add 5 more objects next to this object, and these objects do not have any animation, the animations of the object I mentioned at first are working and now the CPU consumption has increased to 30%. Whereas, the only object rendered animation is the one that works because the camera doesn't move, but it looks like it's rendering other objects as well.

Good luck in developing the plugin.

• There is 1 animated object on the screen and it alone increases the CPU consumption to 5% (while the animation is running). There is no problem so far, the real problem starts when I add objects that have no animations to a place where the camera can see them. How Does? I add 5 more objects next to this object, and these objects do not have any animation, the animations of the object I mentioned at first are working and now the CPU consumption has increased to 30%. Whereas, the only object rendered animation is the one that works because the camera doesn't move, but it looks like it's rendering other objects as well.

if you are making any manipulations with 3dobject, in the construct, rotating, moving, changing size, it is also affecting on the processor a lot

depending on how many polygons in your object.

if 5K or more, simple rotating of this object when it is on screen, will drop performance a lot

• > There is 1 animated object on the screen and it alone increases the CPU consumption to 5% (while the animation is running). There is no problem so far, the real problem starts when I add objects that have no animations to a place where the camera can see them. How Does? I add 5 more objects next to this object, and these objects do not have any animation, the animations of the object I mentioned at first are working and now the CPU consumption has increased to 30%. Whereas, the only object rendered animation is the one that works because the camera doesn't move, but it looks like it's rendering other objects as well.

if you are making any manipulations with 3dobject, in the construct, rotating, moving, changing size, it is also affecting on the processor a lot

depending on how many polygons in your object.

if 5K or more, simple rotating of this object when it is on screen, will drop performance a lot

Thanks for your feedback. I already knew about this, so I contacted Mikal via DC and as a result, running an animation causes even all static objects on the screen to be rendered, which is due to certain restrictions. Any way to put at least some of the load on the GPU would be great. I hope Ashley can achieve this one day.

• Did a performance update for the Draw() calls.

Reduced CPU load during Draw() calls. Animation and rotation still require CPU performance, but Draw() call load has been reduced by about 50%. This is especially true for static 3D Objects (e.g. objects that do not have varying rotation, animation or scaling). It will benefit static objects that have changing translation (e.g. changing x, y, zElevation.)

Also reduced the 3D render load in the C3 editor, which can sometimes impact preview performance. Sometimes your 3D Object may not be rendered in the editor, but if you resize the window or switch tabs, the object should render.

Please let me know your experience if you see any improvement in performance.

kindeyegames.itch.io/c3-3dobject-alpha/devlog/320426/improved-draw-performance

• That's actually a big deal for Doom type games.

Nice.

• Some experimenting with a layer effect shader that creates normals based on depth values and does diffuse/specular lighting for 3D Object / 3D Shape.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Holy crap let's go!!!

I hope it's at least potentially possible to use actual normal maps

• A great video from FozzleCC describing details of how to use 3D models with the plug-in.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

If this video is useful for you, please consider supporting FozzleCC on his Patreon: bit.ly/PatreonFoozleCC

• I was able to make something! Although I wish it would be possible to get around the transparent clipping of the 2d characters. The characters are 3d shapes. Is there a way to fix it?

• Mattertainment

Looks cool, what kind of gameplay will you have?

For the 3D Shapes are you doing sort by camera distance already?

If you have and it's still not working, I created an effect to play with if you change out your 3D Shapes billboards for 3D Object billboards (a gltf plane model with an associated texture.) It's available below:

kindeyegames.itch.io/c3-3dobject-alpha/devlog/322574/experimental-effect-alphadiscard-for-3dobject-billboard-objects

If you have z-fighting issues, you might need to do something a little different, you'll need to displace objects that are right on top of each other by a small amount (check if another object's x,y,z is very close and displace by a small amount.)

• Thanks Mikal!

You cook and serve food, based on ingredients you put in a pot or pan. :)

I have done the following:

+ npcs: Is on-screen

+ System: Every 0.1 seconds

-> npcs: Set zOrder to distance(Self.X,Self.Y,3DCamera.CameraX,3DCamera.CameraY)

-> System: Sort npcs Z order by zOrder

But it doesn't make a difference. :(

With your plugin, will I be able to project a sprite-object onto the plane and let animations be handled by the sprite?

If that's a possibility, that would be amazing!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)