3DObject plugin (Alpha) 3D models in C3

3 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • every time I try to export from blender and incorporate the model, it is imported to me without totally white textures with no way to edit the white texture could someone explain the steps to correct this for me it would be important

please :(

• You got to bake the texture on the object in blender, and unwrap the object before it. One object with one texture. Then save this texture, and use it in the 3D object ( in construct) import obj in the properties.

Before creating a new texture save it somewhere. only then bake on it. it is important

• unfortunately I'm new to blender, it would be great to be able to see step by step how the process should be carried out, since the youtube tutorials don't clarify much for me, thanks for telling me what the problem is

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Also, with the latest version, you should export to glb file format and include the textures in the glb file.

Only diffuse textures and solid color textures are supported. If you use other shader effects in blender you will need to bake them down to a diffuse texture, which is a more advanced blender operation.

Before you try the glb model in C3, test it on the following website, if it does not work here, it will not work in C3.

sandbox.babylonjs.com

This may also help with export:

youtube.com/watch

• I am eternally grateful to them now I can make quite professional games

• as long as different version didn't compatible with each other i think we need versions archive

• Hi Mikal, I have purchased your addon yesterday but I can't find with it a simple way to rotate sprites on Z axis. Is it possible?

• Ah, the x,y,z rotation is only for 3DObject. I just meant rotated 3DObjects could interact with normal C3 rotating sprites.

To do something similar with 3DObject you would need to create a 3D plane (e.g. in Blender) with the appropriate texture and then you could rotate that on x,y,z.

• Thank you, yes this is what I finally understood, anyway, it is always a pleasure to support you and your work will always be useful to me.

In the meantime, I found a trick without addons or raycasting and just with events to achieve what I wanted.

To sum up, I'm looking to make clickable areas and objects in an old fashioned dungeon crawler context, but since it's not possible to rotate sprites or even use their coordinates and collision points properly, because everything is in reality flat on the 3D views, I had to really rack my brain, it's not yet perfect in the diagonals with the heights but it's already that.

But what a hassle due to C3's current 3D limitations, "lol"! :)

• Ah, nice work! That is actually a little bit of a hard problem, mapping x,y screen coordinates (e.g. mouse cursor) to x,y,z coordinates of 3D space that is projected to screen coordinates. It looks like you got a good solution! In other cases, I do transforms to map between the two.

• Thanks. A real pain...

Like what there are tricks to achieve this:

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/5191

Coming to 3D for the first time in C3, I didn't think it would be so difficult or even impossible to accomplish such simple things.

For information, and for all intents and purposes to anyone reading this, this answer from Ashley helped me a lot (among other hacks):

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/5698

Natively, I keep hope, especially when I see this, which may one day be implemented to be usable (not in centuries):

It would also be really nice if the collision polygons were exploitable on each face.

On the other hand, when I read the following, and even if it is true that the request lacks details, I have a little less hope. It is, however, the most voted 3D feature:

https://construct3-21h2.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C321H2-I-96

Finally, the editor view is currently very limited too, it's really not easy to build the desired scenes and when sprites and 3D are mixed, it's depth hell, 3D hides the sprites even with separate layers. If at least we could adjust the transparency to see it a little clearer, but no. :(

• how can i make a 3d object with keyboard controls?

• any ideas how add real time light in 3d game?

• any ideas how add real time light in 3d game?

You get 3D light addon when you purchase 3D Object. However I can't find an example among the files. Mikal can you please add an example or post it here?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)