Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • PS - the game in my signature was made using Spriter - thanks for making such a great animation tool and selling it at the right price!

• Thank you for the awesome updates and the generous art packs. You guys are the best out of the bunch

• Thanks big Infinity and

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

• Thanks big Infinity and

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

Hi!

Lucid, how about a tool for sprite deformation? I saw a post (may 2014) where someone asked about it.. it seems like the feature would come soon. I'm asking you cause I buyed spriter and now it seems a little.. forgotten. And a feature like that would be awesome.

I need a smooth transition from a simple square sprite to this shape (without using various sequence images, of course...):

As you can see, I would need some edge manipulation here... and neither c2 and spriter give me the tools for that.. as far as I know hehe

Oh, and here is the post: http://brashmonkey.com/forum/index.php? ... formation/

• Spriter has this feature as an "experimental" demo.

To try it out, set "Drag new item" (PALETTE window) to "skins". Then dragging a sprite would turn it into a deformable mesh.

Unfortunately if you try to use a spriter file with a skin object in it, in c2's spriter runtime, it will fail to load your spriter file!

Brashmonkey has stated that this is not a feature they are planning to support with it's current implementation, and it is something to look forward to in spriter 2.

Until then, if you would like to have this feature, take a look at Kestrelmoon creature or Spine - both of which have the feature and a working runtime that supports it for construct2.

• Hi everyone. I apologize for the delay in getting the sub-entity tutorial posted. I got side-tracked while finishing up Spriter R6. In any case, I started writing up the tutorial post today, and it seems a recent change in C2 breaks the way the sub-entity feature works. The tutorial was mostly complete when I discovered, the bug, so I will be looking into this in the coming days and I will post back with the fix and the tutorial as soon as I figure out what the issue is. Thanks for your patience.

• Thanks for your hard work to continually support Spriter's integration in c2!

• Thanks

1/23/2016

• Fixed a bug with action points, where the angle returned wouldn't compensate for flipped or mirrored entities
    • Fixed bugs that prevented sub-entities from displaying or animating properly

The process to import sub-entities is actually quite painless, but may look a little daunting at first:

For this example, we have an entity called 'TestEntity' that is using 'Player' as a sub-entity in the 'test' animation.

Here is the initially imported scml object

The first step after you've imported your project is to clone the scml object type, and rename it to something that makes sense (usually the name of the entity in Spriter). If you have multiple sub-entities or entities. You need a separate object for everything that will be a sub-entity. The initial import was already called 'Player', so I'm naming this one 'TestEntity'. This is also a good time to set your scml object to it's starting entity in the object properties.

These were the initialization events automatically generated by the import:

The first thing you do is create an initialization event for your other scml object. Then move all of the actions initializing objects that belong to that entity to this new initialization event. It's easy to tell which ones belong to the other entity because each object is prepended with the filename and the entity name. After you've moved over all of the actions. Select all the actions, right click 'Replace Object', and change the object from the original scml object to the correct one.

And the final step is to look at the name of the sub-entity object in Spriter (by default it's named after the entity being used as a sub-entity)

And create your own 'Associate object type' action for the object that will be the sub-entity to the containing entity, using the same naming convention:

And that's it. When you play your project the sub-entity should be playing, and you can even control your sub-entity in real time using the new override actions.

Please let me know if you have any trouble following the instructions.

-cheers

• You are not joking about how daunting it seems at first.

I will see if I can test this feature in the coming month to offer feedback on how well it is done.

Anyway, good work since being able to use sub entities in theory will really help a lot in animations, especially in regards to characters, items, effects and clothing.

• 2/22/2016

• Added Set C2 Object To Spriter Object action to pin C2 Objects to Spriter objects (points, boxes, bones, sprites, points, sub-entities)
  • lucid - this seems to be working great! I'm so pumped that you got this update out so quickly, I was totally not expecting that at all! this really changes a few of the things I had planned by far. thanks for constantly updating such an already excellent product. seriously. I really appreciate it!

I have a quick question about something I happened to notice while back before this update - some objects seem to be appearing in the upper left corner of the screen when they aren't being used. am I possibly doing something wrong with my animations? you can kind of see it here in this capture (I think it's actually related to the actual layout size - which happens to end to the left of the character):

I think it might have something more to do with blending, since I currently don't blend any animations for the main character but I do for the boss here, and it seems to maybe be doing that between its different movement modes.

edit: I do want to point out that Spriter saved me literally hours of design while working on this boss that I was able to devote to making its behavior more awesome. Also, the wings and the body are separate Spriter elements altogether.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi Thanks for the kind words, and the game looks great as well. Reminds me of Super-Metroid. Are all the parts we see on the left from the bee boss?

Strange things happen when blending between animations if they don't share the same exact hierarchy (bone parent and child relationships). The easiest way to check is to load up your project in Spriter, and click on the hierarchy tab (stacked with the zorder tab on the left), and switch between animations and see if you notice anything changing location.

• yeah i am curious like what KFII said, like it would be nice to know if you can add image points to scml and scon files

• so is title entity box 000 suppose to represent the box where you add image points and behaviors?

• yeah i am curious like what KFII said, like it would be nice to know if you can add image points to scml and scon files

TheRedFireMan, I'm a bit confused by your two questions. Could you please clarify?

You can add action points to scml and scon files, which can also be animated, attached to bones, and retrieved from C2. I'm not sure if that answers your question.

so is title entity box 000 suppose to represent the box where you add image points and behaviors?

Title entity box 000? Is there a tutorial you're referring to?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)