Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • A really interesting idea which i'm not sure how difficult would be to implement is the possibility to import a png map/spritesheet and crop the parts inside Spriter. A neat feature that could save a lot of time.

he pro version can currently import trimmed json spritesheets exported from TexturePacker. I'm not sure if that covers what you mean.

Any insight on the points above and how they will work in C2 in the future would be greatly appreciated

You should be able to do all that as we get more and more support inside Spriter and the plugin for subentities. I know that's a bit of a vague answer, but I don't have ETAs for any of this yet, but that's one of the very things sub-entities were created for. In C2 it will either actually add additional scml objects for each sub-entity which will be controlled by the main scml object, but which you can override, or it will be one scml object where you can give animation commands through the main object. Probably the first one. Within Spriter we will expand on the sub-entity ui to make it easier to build and test compound characters like this.

• > Any insight on the points above and how they will work in C2 in the future would be greatly appreciated

>

You should be able to do all that as we get more and more support inside Spriter and the plugin for subentities. I know that's a bit of a vague answer, but I don't have ETAs for any of this yet, but that's one of the very things sub-entities were created for. In C2 it will either actually add additional scml objects for each sub-entity which will be controlled by the main scml object, but which you can override, or it will be one scml object where you can give animation commands through the main object. Probably the first one. Within Spriter we will expand on the sub-entity ui to make it easier to build and test compound characters like this.

Thanks lucid !

• Hello SCML plugin stops triggering sound events (conditions) after the first restart of C2 layout.

It looks like anim.soundlines are not loaded when SCML object is created more then once (getCharacterFromPreload is used, no AJAX request is started on SCML instance creation).

anim.soundlines.length != 0 on the first creation and anim.soundlines.length == 0 on next creations (after C2 layout is reloaded).

• Hi lucid, I have a small bug to report. I deleted a .scml file from my C2 project and then tried to re-import an updated version of the animation (I am experimenting with performance optimizations and whether to use sprite sheet animations or spriter animations). Anyway, even though there were no remnants of the old .scml present in the C2 editor, I receive a warning that I am about to replace a file that already exists... When I clicked yes to confirm the replacement, I then received a message that the file cannot be found and the import had failed. I fixed this by opening up the .caproj file using Notepad++ and deleting the folder/file reference that was still there.

• "append event at time "

Why each time edit the Key frames or event key that create a new key at timeline?

I don't think it's a good idea

e.g.while using speed curves

• ebatalov, Colludium, and winsonzhong

Thanks for the bug reports. I will look into all of this.

• Can you Point me in the Direction of A tutorial on how to Swap Body parts ? am i just supposed to change the associated sprite? lucid

• Those advanced features are excellent and easy to use! Already using 2 of 3.

• lucid

I have an animation that uses a single image/sprite. When I import into C2 there are 3 images(all the same, but renamed 1,2,3) i find this rather odd.

This in itself would not be a huge deal, however no matter what I try, it won't animate.

I thought I must be doing something wrong, and have been struggling with this for a while. However, I decided to try importing a more complex animation. 14 images. And the more complex animation works perfectly. I have saved everything the same, followed the same steps repeatedly. I am out of ideas. Perhaps there is a bug where a single image can't be animated?

Edit:

So it seems I solved the issue. However I still think it may be a bug, or am in need of an explanation.

I turns out within spriter, my image was a new object in each animation. So there were 3 objects of the same image. looks like each object was then imported as a separate image. using 3x the memory/size than even needed. I still don't know why no animations could work though.

My solution was having only 1 object across all animations.

• Can you Point me in the Direction of A tutorial on how to Swap Body parts ? am i just supposed to change the associated sprite? lucid

orry for the late response. We don't have a tutorial for that just yet, but if you look in the help menu of Spriter, the section on Character Maps is what you're looking for. Once you have them set up in Spriter you can add them with the character map actions.

Tylermon normally if the object is supposed to be the same object, you should use the same object for it across animations. This will also ensure animation blending works. If you have an animation that doesn't import, please send it if possible, and I can look into it after the holiday.

everyone, Just a quick heads up. We'll be spending the next couple of days with family. We'll be back on December 27th. Also, don't forget you can get all of our products on the Scirra store for 50% for the next 6 days!

Happy Holidays!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Can you Point me in the Direction of A tutorial on how to Swap Body parts ? am i just supposed to change the associated sprite? lucid

> orry for the late response. We don't have a tutorial for that just yet, but if you look in the help menu of Spriter, the section on Character Maps is what you're looking for. Once you have them set up in Spriter you can add them with the character map actions.

Tylermon normally if the object is supposed to be the same object, you should use the same object for it across animations. This will also ensure animation blending works. If you have an animation that doesn't import, please send it if possible, and I can look into it after the holiday.

everyone, Just a quick heads up. We'll be spending the next couple of days with family. We'll be back on December 27th. Also, don't forget you can get all of our products on the Scirra store for 50% for the next 6 days!

Happy Holidays!

I had 3 separate animations. And spriter made 3 separate objects (one for each animation). This was for one entity.

It then exported/went into construct as 3 images(should only be one). This is what I think is a bug. Because it is the same image for each object. It should have multiple instances of the same image, not require my project to have 3 of the same image.

(got around the issue by not using those other object instances)

I also don't know how to permanently delete an object. Even though the objects are not being used, it shows up in spriter still. I have tried going to the objects panel and deleting from there. No effect.

I will try to duplicate the issue and send you the files.

• lucid

tumira

The following issue still seems to exist. At least I could not make "Action Point Exist on Frame" work, even though I can get X and Y of a specific action point, I cannot check if it exists.

Are you aware of that issue? Is it going to be fixed?

Maybe I am doing something wrong?

The condition "Action Point Exist on Frame"checking seems not working, I even the put the checking in "Every Tick" for testing, but it still wont detect the point.

Let say my character is playing animation "shooting" and in that animation I want C2 to create bullet object when it found that the animation got "shoot" point which I created in Spriter. I already rename the point to "shoot" in spriter but it wont detect it in C2.

• plugin changelog 10/24/14

• Fixed a bug where z-order changes wouldn't update sprites for paused animations until after the object was moved or animation was resumed.
    • Plugin-side support for Sub-Entities (not yet useable*).

*Sub-Entity support is now in the plugin, but is not yet supported by Construct 2's Spriter importer. Over the next week, I'll put together an explanation of the manual import process. Manually importing a file is usually a bit tedious, but it will work for people eager to give the new feature a try. In the meantime, I will be brainstorming to see if there's a way to minimize any changes/additions needed for C2's importer, and then sending any necessary information to Ashley. I'll keep you updated as everything progresses.

lucid So is it possible to use Sub-Entities in C2 now via the plugin? When using Sub-Entities in a Spriter project and adding the scml and scon to C2, all the Sprites show up in C2. Furthermore, I can change the entity in C2 and make an animation of that new entity play back.

However, when playing animations, the Sub-Entities are missing. So if the active entity is "A" which has "B" as a Sub-Entity, the animation from "B" is not shown when playing the animation of "A".

How can I fix that? Is that still the spriter import issue you mentioned?

Please let me know if you need further information (like file names or my C2 object tree, a capx or something else).

Thanks and cheers

Nils

• I could not make "Action Point Exist on Frame" work, even though I can get X and Y of a specific action point, I cannot check if it exists.

12/30/2014

• Fixed a bug where Action Point Exists condition wouldn't return true even if the action point existed

The sub-entities don't work in the C2 plugin yet as the importer still needs to be updated to do this. I haven't forwarded the information to Ashley yet, as I'd like to make sure I choose the best way to implement sub-entities before he takes the time to change the importer. I'm currently working on the reference implementation for Spriter (the implementation that all future implementations will be based on), and I'm going to use this design to update the c2 plugin. This should make the plugin faster and more ram efficient and will also have the sub-entities implemented. I apologize for the delay, but it's it's in the interest of making sure everything is as powerful and useful as possible.

• The sub-entities don't work in the C2 plugin yet as the importer still needs to be updated to do this. I haven't forwarded the information to Ashley yet, as I'd like to make sure I choose the best way to implement sub-entities before he takes the time to change the importer. I'm currently working on the reference implementation for Spriter (the implementation that all future implementations will be based on), and I'm going to use this design to update the c2 plugin. This should make the plugin faster and more ram efficient and will also have the sub-entities implemented. I apologize for the delay, but it's it's in the interest of making sure everything is as powerful and useful as possible.

Thanks for the update. Any ideas on the time frame for this? No worries, it's considered an non-binding estimate!

Until that's done, I would go with a workaround to create "sub animations" in C2 on action points from Spriter, would that be the best solution atm? Of course sub-entities will be much nicer than this, so I am looking forward to get them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)