Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • games - yeah i tried both, same error

• hm, this is strange. I tried some days ago with the greyguy, too and everything worked fine.

• What are the possibilities of an adobe after effects implementation? Currently planning a short film on Construct 2 but Spriter would be the perfect tool to have around AE.

• I gave spriter a go again, followed the instructions from the video and i'm getting a javascript error when first starting the game.

Its a brand new scene with the greyguy example file .scml file being imported.

Javascript Error!

Uncaught Syntax Error: Unexpted token <

line 1 (col 1)

Which video? The tutorial from my signature?

If you just drop the scml file into the layout, does C2 ask you where to import it, and create events (an 'On Initialized' event, with several actions)?

What are the possibilities of an adobe after effects implementation? Currently planning a short film on Construct 2 but Spriter would be the perfect tool to have around AE.

he reference implementation I'm working on will be the basis to expand to as many languages, platforms, tools, etc, as possible. After the reference implementation is complete I'll be focusing a significant portion of my time toward providing tools and support to developers working on porting the implementation. So it's definitely in the realm of possibility, but I wouldn't venture an ETA just yet.

• I can't get this import working on my own Spriter files. It seems to mostly work except no image files are imported into the Construct 2 spriter folder (and no error messages - at least in the UI).

It DOES work for me with the GreyGuy example file as long as I don't RESAVE it. if I save out GreyGuy sample in Spriter again and just change the filename (e.g. Player2.scml + Player2.scon) it fails just like mine do.

So the old beta 8 file in the GreyGuy zip seems OK but not when saved in current version. Anyone getting that problem? Can anyone confirm this is working on the latest version of Spriter and Construct? I am on Spriter version R2 and Construct 195 stable. I will try faffing with some other versions to see if this makes a difference.

Thanks.

Michael

• Hi It sounds like you don't have the custom save options required for C2 projects. You only have to set this once, but open up the 'File|Other File Actions...|Custom Save Options' dialog, and check all three boxes under 'Additional Data for Authoring Tools':

After that, just make sure you have both an scml and a scon version of your project saved. (just save twice, and choose 'scml' the first time, and 'scon' the second time for the file types.

We will streamline this process in future versions, and there is a detailed tutorial on how to use the C2 plugin linked in my signature.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We will streamline this process in future versions, and there is a detailed tutorial on how to use the C2 plugin linked in my signature.

Hi, lucid! Any, even foggy, idea when that might happen? Guess you are still polishing that reference implementation, but I cannot wait to be able to just drag, drop and forget (any setup for) a Spriter animation into C2

• Somebody, I will work on it after the reference implementation, which I still can't give an estimate on just yet. The new version of the plugin will be the perfect time to make such changes, so I'll discuss a few possibilities with Ashley at that time. The reference implementation will lay the groundwork for a lot of new plugin features as well.

• THAAAAAAAANK YOOOOOU!!!!

I remember seeing that in the video now. I VERY strongly suspected *I* was the only issue here!!!!

Thanks for being my 'internet brain' today.

Cheers,

Michael

• lucid

So will this reference implementation handle the issues with 1000s of objects if using multiple instances of the same .scml file? Right now, I am using spriter files for destructible objects and we packed each .scml file with multiple entities and character maps so that we could randomize the obstacles easily. The problem is that with just 12 of these scml files in the layout at once, there are 800+ objects created and performance comes to a crawl for mobile devices. This makes it so that spriter becomes less and less useful for our project even though it makes the best animations and visuals we can produce. Are there any guidelines for how many entities to have per scml file or if there are better ways to handle this setup?

• Are there any plans to add ways that Construct can "talk" to Spriter? For example, being able to rotate a characters head towards the cursor would be great.

• Spriter's Kickstarter Campaign! (7:55 min)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPVR41j9LXE

Freeform image deformation, Skinning and Procedual animation are already integrated?

• Just to add to JamesXXXYZ - We've been mucking around with the FID tools in Spriter Pro which seems like it works fine (still tagged as experimental obviously) but when it gets imported in to C2 it kicks up this error:

Javascript error!
    TypeError: tweenedBones[i] is null
    http://localhost:50000/Spriter_plugin.js, line 1617 (col 6)[/code:q7kh67ns]

Assuming this is just because the plugin doesn't support the experimental features.

AHHHHH SO LOOKING FORWARD TO IT WORKING!
  • I am a start up business and the only employee and manager and co executive of my business and would love to buy construct 2 and your spriter program soon. My company is called Falconsoft Industries, as I intend to make it a company that will one day be the next largest and richest company in game design, but construct 2 is not the only tool I will be working with, for professional reasons such as unity provides 3d design easy for programmers that I will hire one day. Also truefalcon is just my name on development software forums.

• truefalcon You mean hire programmers? You don't need. I bought playmaker, a.i. for mechanics. Maybe i buy uscript or behaviour machine indie/pro.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)