Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid

[quote:739luo2n][quote:739luo2n]Make sure your events to set the sprite to a position are somewhere where they will be fired upon the layout restarted. If you'd like, you can send a capx to explaining how to quickly reproduce the problem.

I have not investigated it fully yet, but since I was listing stuff I thought I would just include it. I'll take a look tomorrow and if it is truely a Spriter issue I'll send you an e-mail.

Ok, I kind of know the problem. The sprite that I attach the spriter object to has a physics behavior on it. So should fall to the floor like it does the first time I run it. When I restart the layout it just ignores the physics behavior and walks in thin air (checks if walking animation is playing and adds or subtracts depending on the walk direction). So it basically wasn't resetting the animation that is specified in the spriter object. So to fix it I had to set it to use the correct animation on the start of the layout.

• thanks mattcusprime and TheWyrm

• lucid

found a bug in spriter R1

The option "Save resized project" is broken. The image and the bones are not scaled properly. Example try to scale it down to 0.25

One of the sprite does not scale down. Example I have mouth1 and mouth2 image. Mouth2 seems like it does not scale down.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi tumira,

As Mike said in the BrashMonkey forums, I believe you may have saved the resized project and it's resized images over your previous images, as the save as resized project feature currently overwrites images already present. If you did and you lost any work, I apologize.

In response to this we've added a feature that prevents you from saving in the project folder or any of it's subfolders at all, and also confirms any individual image overwrites wherever you save. This will be in the r2 which will be released within the next week.

If you don't think this was the issue, and you can reproduce the issue saving to a separate directory, please let me know.

• lucid

The option does replaced my images. But I have backup. The problem that I had is that if I resized the project and some of the images that are really2 small size, it wont scale down the images. So what I did is that I just open it in paint and scale it down manually.

But if I resized a group of the vector images in Inkscape(Transform->Scale), the same vector image also left out. So maybe because it is too small or something.

• Does this work on crosswalk export?

• A question that has been bugging me a while. Is there a way to relate/unrelate the sprites by events?

The intent is to be able to "unparent" the objects to spriter and be able to apply events to the individual sprites. Ej: body parts exploding with physics, activating a ragdoll mode. Then be able to reset the sprites as a character again.

I'm interested in exploring ragdoll and not sure if unrelating the objects to spriter is the only way. Can it be done with the sprites already attached using the spriter data? (And not having to set up my own image points)

• lucid

The option does replaced my images. But I have backup. The problem that I had is that if I resized the project and some of the images that are really2 small size, it wont scale down the images. So what I did is that I just open it in paint and scale it down manually.

But if I resized a group of the vector images in Inkscape(Transform->Scale), the same vector image also left out. So maybe because it is too small or something.

So it's not resizing the image, even if you save to a separate file? If you want to send me the files that won't resize to

Does this work on crosswalk export?

It should work on anything that can load json, though we haven't had a chance to test all exports. You can try with the plugin and the example file available in my signature and the original post of this thread. Please let me know if it works. If not, I'll take a look and I can probably fix it.

A question that has been bugging me a while. Is there a way to relate/unrelate the sprites by events?

The intent is to be able to "unparent" the objects to spriter and be able to apply events to the individual sprites.

Not yet, but I do plan to add a feature to the plugin to do exactly that. I can't give an ETA on that just yet, as we have quite a bit to take care of in the short term related to Spriter 1.0's release, and documentation.

• lucid - have you further considered making it so that effects can be applied via the spriter object itself?

• lucid

I would like to report a performance inconsistency bug ? In my project I have about only 7 scml or spriter objects but the performance is not good on mobile (Galaxy S3 webgl enabled, chrome). I noticed that the performance usually going to drop in two conditions. When In multiple or repeat "system create object" and when multiple objects is going to be destroyed. Sometimes it is going to drop until single digit. This happens a lot in my galaxy s3. On desktop the performance drops in firefox.

So I did a simple projects using GreyGuy example and you can see the jerking or stuttering happens when multiple greyguys is destroyed (when hit the ground). Its like a sudden pause or frame skip when Construct is destroying the objects . This is just one scml objects. In my game I use about 7 objects and that includes a lot of fruit or coin generations in infinite run style game. So there is a lot of stuttering.

I hope you can fix this.

Thanks

• > Does this work on crosswalk export?

>

It should work on anything that can load json, though we haven't had a chance to test all exports. You can try with the plugin and the example file available in my signature and the original post of this thread. Please let me know if it works. If not, I'll take a look and I can probably fix it.

I see there are still javascript errors popping up when we try to test with spriter object on mobile browsers.

Also, didn't seem to get it to work with touch actions.

Unfortunately bit short on time right to indulge in more testing, so I just went ahead and purchased 'spriter pro'

But I believe you guys are working towards ensuring that animations work on mobile release on games too and not just desktop/browser based games?

I'll be looking forward to use spriter heavily

• lucid - have you further considered making it so that effects can be applied via the spriter object itself?

I must have misunderstood you at some point, or vice versa, but it will not be possible to put effects directly on the scml object until some long term future point when the plugin is made to have the option of not using separate sprites for each body part. The feature I thought we had most recently discussed was temporarily disabling scml object control of an object's angle, position, scale, etc. Things are still extremely busy at the moment on several fronts, so I can't commit to when that will happen, but it's fairly high up on the priority list.

lucid

I would like to report a performance inconsistency bug ?

I hope you can fix this.

Thanks for the helpful capx, that saved me a ton of time diagnosing it. I see plenty of room for optimization that should help make this alot faster, but unfortunately as above, I can't commit to a timeframe just yet. There's a bit more than anticipated that will keep us busy for the month of December, so aside from small fixes, or very small features I won't be able to do much on the plugin front, and the optimizations for this are pretty involved. The good news is they should also make the plugin perform better on the ram front as well at all times when multiple instances of the same object are involved, and not just when creating and destroying.

I see there are still javascript errors popping up when we try to test with spriter object on mobile browsers.

Thanks for reporting the issue. If you can tell me which browsers, which OS, which export option, and what errors, once I have some time to look into this, the more information I have, the quicker I can find the problem.

Also, didn't seem to get it to work with touch actions.

I've seen a strange error or two in the past where one thing was able to affect something that it shouldn't, but generally the scml plugin shouldn't be able to affect another plugin or behavior like that, unless you're saying you were trying to use a touch action directly with the scml object, in which case for now it would be best to either define a collision box in Spriter that you want to be touchable, or an invisible sprite in C2, or one of the individual sprites depending on your needs.

I believe you guys are working towards ensuring that animations work on mobile release on games too and not just desktop/browser based games?

Definitely. The idea is to make it work as well as possible, as widely as possible.

• lucid - the reason I keep requesting that feature is that I could, for example, apply the hue effect to specific instances, easily giving much more variety in appearance to my spriter animations in C2.

• PSI, I understand it would be useful, but the plugin is controlling separate separate sprites, so there's no direct way to do that.

I just tried to do it myself with events, using the group and the family, which I thought was possible. It still may be, but it's more confusing than it should be. When I have some time, what I will try to do is add a For Each Sprite condition, or Pick All Sprites condition or both. I'm not sure if the plugin SDK let's you choose objects as family members, but if so, this would work very well for a variety of situations.

• lucid I'm having an awful lot of trouble updating to the latest version.. I don't know if it's something I'm doing, or what.. The download doesn't start automatically, so I clicked the links here: http://brashmonkey.com/download_spriter_pc.htm (on a 64-bit machine) which got me some windows redistributables. When I run those, it tells me to "Please resolve the following: A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine."

Meanwhile, Spriter is crashing on me and not saving my last few changes sometimes...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)