Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hi lucid , great work, i bought Spriter and it looks amazing.

I can't move animations from one Entity to another Entity, is this by design, or it is possible and I am the newbiest of the newbies?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks everyone for your kind words. Very exciting times!

I can't move animations from one Entity to another Entity, is this by design, or it is possible and I am the newbiest of the newbies?

Hello cesisco, and thanks for your purchase. That isn't supported yet, but will be in a future version.

Depending on exactly what you need it for, a workaround might be to clone the entity and delete the extra animations you don't want in the new entity, but of course this won't help if you already have two entities with multiple animations in them you want to move from one to the other.

everyone, we're now available on Steam!

Current Spriter Pro owners can email us at with the subject line 'Spriter Steam Key Request' (without quotes) Please either send it from your purchase or Kickstarter backer email, and if you no longer have access to that email, then please use the subject line 'Spriter Steam Key Request Alternate Email' (without quotes), and include your purchase email in the body of the email.

Please allow a few days for your Steam key delivery. We expect it to be a bit quicker than that for most people, but we haven't tested this confirmation and delivery system yet.

As far as the missing Linux version, we had some last minute issues with the Linux build, but the Linux version will be available on Steam soon as well.

Lastly, there will be more Spriter program specific news and announcements in the near future once we wrap up all this new Steam and website stuff.

Thanks everyone, and after you get your Steam keys, if you enjoy Spriter please leave a review on Steam.

• Hi lucid, I bought some Spriter Characters from a graphic artist, and he built each animation of the same character in a different Entity, resulting in a big mess when imported to Construct2.

From what I understand, with this procedure, unnecessary pngs are imported to C2 project, am I right?

Note that all animations make use of the same png limbs.

Thank you,

César

• That is correct If you want to send me the scml file (just the scml by itself, I don't need the entire project to ), I might be able to manually fix it, depending on whether he created each new entity by cloning the first. If he manually dragged in each file for each entity then I won't be able to fix it for him.

• Congrats on reaching Steam !

• OK lucid, thanks!

I sent you the project.

• Congrats on Steam! Well deserved!

• Thanks everyone. Just have a few more things to get in order with the 1.0, new website, new forums, and Steam launches and then we have some new and powerful stuff coming to the plugin.

• lucid

The link on the first thread on "how to import your spriter characters is broken"

http://www.brashmonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=15628

• justifun fixed, thanks.

• First off, congratulations on reaching Steam and the launch of 1.0. I'm finally digging into Spriter and its amazing.

I apologize if these were answered already (I swear I looked), but I have a couple of questions:

I'm using Spriter for my enemies and NPC's and I'm running into trouble with the origin point. I've added the platform behavior to the Spriter Object, but its lifting my artwork too high. Can I adjust the origin point on the Spriter Object somehow?

Also, I've dabbled with spawning a box and using that for the behaviors (like you would with a player character), but Construct 2 won't let me create a container and put a Spriter object inside. I guess it doesn't like putting a container in a container.

If there isn't a way to move that origin point, what do you think is the best way to use Spriter Objects as Enemies?

Thanks for your help.

-Ben

• sman118

First off, congratulations on reaching Steam and the launch of 1.0. I'm finally digging into Spriter and its amazing.

Thanks!

[quote:3jmx01y1]I'm using Spriter for my enemies and NPC's and I'm running into trouble with the origin point. I've added the platform behavior to the Spriter Object, but its lifting my artwork too high. Can I adjust the origin point on the Spriter Object somehow?

Not yet, but choosing the bounding box and origin of the runtime's main hitbox is an upcoming feature to both the editor and the plugin. Sorry no ETA on this just yet.

[quote:3jmx01y1]Also, I've dabbled with spawning a box and using that for the behaviors (like you would with a player character), but Construct 2 won't let me create a container and put a Spriter object inside. I guess it doesn't like putting a container in a container.

This is probably the best way to do it. Unless I'm misunderstanding you, it seems you just made a simple mistake. You should just be able to add the behavior boxsprite and add that sprite to the container that the scml object and all it's associated sprites are already in. Then use the pin behavior on the scml object to stick it to the behavior boxsprite. Just adjust the hotspot of the boxsprite until the scml object appears in the correct place. And then each time you will be creating an instance:

spawn scml object
    scml object-set position to boxsprite
    scml object-pin to boxsprite  [/code:3jmx01y1]

Please let me know if you have any more trouble, and there is a thorough scml plugin tutorial linked in my signature.

Eventually as I said, though, you will just be able to draw a box around the object in Spriter, and when you load it in C2, your scml object will be set to that exact bounding box and origin.
  • lucid

Hello my SPRITER certificate was lost where can I find my certificate

• arubishi, where did you buy Spriter? Scirra, BrashMonkey (or Kickstarter), Steam?

• Happy spriter pro user here!! Have a few questions.

I'm going with this retro and square look but done in vector. Spriter is jagging my art a bit. Tried the smooth/pixel settings but they don't help much. Is there a way to get nonejagged results with square art?

Need some info on character maps, is it possible to create random character generation in c2 with the current spriter features?

Thanks in advance!

----

Edit

fixed jagged sprites by cropping inside C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)