Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid thanks, I figured it out! The capx in this tutorial sets the animation every frame, hence being constantly triggered.

Hi again That's still a bug, you should be able to set the current animation to itself like that without that happening, and so:

plugin changelog 5/8/14

• Fixed an IID error that could occur if you destroyed an scml object while it was in the middle of loading the .scon file
    • Fixed a bug that caused sound effects to play again if you set the animation to the currently playing animation at the current time
  • plugin changelog 5/8/14

• Fixed an IID error that could occur if you destroyed an scml object while it was in the middle of loading the .scon file

Thanks to you guys for all of your hard work. We appreciate your keen bug hunting skills!

• lucid well spotted, thanks for the fix!

• Character Maps, Collision Boxes, and Sound Effects have been added to Construct 2's importer!

plugin changelog 5/9/14

• Construct 2 Release r169(beta) now imports character maps, collision boxes, and sound effects! (Demo coming soon)
    • Updated the way plugin handles pivot points to fix a bug where shifting pivot points in an animation would cause the bounding box to be offset to an incorrect location. This fix works in conjunction with a change in Spriter's save process and Construct 2's scml import process, so:

To take advantage of this fix, if you imported scml into your C2 project before this update, you will need to:
      • resave the Spriter project using an updated version of Spriter (redownload Spriter b8 if you downloaded it before 5/9/14)
      • reimport it using Construct 2 r169(beta) or higher

• Just curious, is it possible to play Spriter animations without all of the tweening, giving it more of a frames effect?

• just export from within spriter your animations as png's.

you can even say how many png's/sec (frames) you want it to create.

• Just curious, is it possible to play Spriter animations without all of the tweening, giving it more of a frames effect?

You can use 'instant' on the speed curve for each mainline key in Spriter. Instant speed curve changes to the new position instantly with no tweening.

In case anyone missed it on the previous page:

Character Maps, Collision Boxes, and Sound Effects have been added to Construct 2's importer!

plugin changelog 5/9/14

• Construct 2 Release r169(beta) now imports character maps, collision boxes, and sound effects! (Demo coming soon)
    • Updated the way plugin handles pivot points to fix a bug where shifting pivot points in an animation would cause the bounding box to be offset to an incorrect location. This fix works in conjunction with a change in Spriter's save process and Construct 2's scml import process, so:

To take advantage of this fix, if you imported scml into your C2 project before this update, you will need to:
      • resave the Spriter project using an updated version of Spriter (redownload Spriter b8 if you downloaded it before 5/9/14)
      • reimport it using Construct 2 r169(beta) or higher

• could you please create one of these awesome video tutorials you make

so you can demonstrate all these new features and how we can properly implement them in an actual project?

• could you please create one of these awesome video tutorials you make

so you can demonstrate all these new features and how we can properly implement them in an actual project?

Yes, we will have a demo up over the next couple of days.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid

Found a bug in Spriter B8, I just downloaded it again.

1)Open the grey guy example. (scml)

2)In idle animation (default) add or create box for collision

3)Save the project, save also in scon format

4)Open the scml file and I`m missing the idle animation in scml, however in scon format the idle animation is available.

• Another great update Thank you lucid

Some noob questions:

Character Maps means that instead of X images there will be only one (like the sprite sheet) ?

Collision Boxes means that I will not have to create a collision sprite and pin the Spriter animation to it ? Can I use directly the Spriter object ?

Updated the way plugin handles pivot points to fix a bug where shifting pivot points in an animation would cause the bounding box to be offset to an incorrect location.

Does this fix the delay issue from here ?

• lucid

Found a bug in Spriter B8, I just downloaded it again.

1)Open the grey guy example. (scml)

2)In idle animation (default) add or create box for collision

3)Save the project, save also in scon format

4)Open the scml file and I`m missing the idle animation in scml, however in scon format the idle animation is available.

This is definitely not happening for me. I've tried a few different times, slightly changing my process each time. If you can get the error to happen again, could you please screen record it, so I can see if there's some slight difference in the way you're doing it that would help me recreate the bug?

Character Maps means that instead of X images there will be only one (like the sprite sheet) ?

2 already does the sprite sheet thing on export. Character maps is actually much more interesting. It's a pro feature of Spriter that allows you to swap out or hide images to create alternate versions of characters using the same animation data, for things like alternate outfits, armour and weapon powerups, and completely different characters. Here's an example:

These three examples are using same Spriter file, entity, and animation. You can stack multiple character maps in Spriter to preview the result, and do the same with actions in C2. The checkboxes at the top right of the screenshot show which character maps I had applied.

You can try this demo here, but there was a bug in the original capx that prevents the checkboxes from being visible in Firefox, and I no longer have the capx to reexport it. It works fine in Chrome, though. We will be making an update demo soon.

[quote:2hf62fxo]Collision Boxes means that I will not have to create a collision sprite and pin the Spriter animation to it ? Can I use directly the Spriter object ?

Collision Boxes is a Spriter Pro feature, where you can add collision boxes to a character that are separate from the individual sprites. In this example, much like a fighting game you could just check collisions on the upper_body and lower_body collision boxes, rather than all the different sprites that make them up:

In C2 the collision boxes come up as sprites within the scml container, so you can do events like:

'upper_body' on collision with 'someOtherSprite'

• scmlObject - Play animation 'upperBodyHit' from start

Using the Spriter object directly for collisions will come eventually though. No ETA just yet

[quote:2hf62fxo]

Updated the way plugin handles pivot points to fix a bug where shifting pivot points in an animation would cause the bounding box to be offset to an incorrect location.

Does this fix the delay issue from here ?

This does not change that. Ronei Alves seems to have found a solution here:

• i overwritten all my scml files + the scon files with the latest version of b8.

when i import them, some of them import just fine and some give me an error "cannot find an existing spriter object using the scml file "...." .check you have imported ...."

at first glance the ones that do not import are the ones that had a 2013 save date. i do not know if this is random or has something to do with it.

the ones i have worked recently import just fine.

• i overwritten all my scml files + the scon files with the latest version of b8.

when i import them, some of them import just fine and some give me an error "cannot find an existing spriter object using the scml file "...." .check you have imported ...."

at first glance the ones that do not import are the ones that had a 2013 save date. i do not know if this is random or has something to do with it.

the ones i have worked recently import just fine.

This sounds like an old bug in the C2 importer that I thought was fixed a while ago, but it's possible I was mistaken. Try making sure that the 'starting scml file' in properties for each instance of the scml object has the .scml file selected instead of the .scon file. In the plugin, you no longer need to specify .scon, as it will automatically change it from .scml if you leave it alone, but this used to cause the error you're saying if some instances were set to .scon and others weren't upon import.

• you were right.

because i hadnt changed those animations for a while they had the old method with the scon.

the second i changed it back to scml it imported.

and now for the WTF time

the second i try to run my game i get this

"event validation problem

event sheet joypad event sheet

number 58

problem an else condition cannot be placed here.make sure the event follows a non triggered event and it is the first condition"

this happens because all my events with that scml character disappeared when i imported the new file!

helppppppppp!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)